• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
is pit lord out yet

Next week. Its going to be him, Oracle, and Sun Wukong in a trihero Halloween spectator with the new event mode, "Save Diretide!", where the Volvo Corporation has locked up all the Greevil's. You must fight though a large challenging campaign map to free the Greevils and produce candy for Roshan. Near the end of the map Faceless Void travails back in time to bring Skeleton King back to our realm, and in the process disfigures him self into a new appearance. Spectre proceeds to sing the spooky scary skeleton song with her newly acquired voice pack, to scare Volvo so much they simply give up. Then Phantom Assassin Pulls the Firey Sword of the Arcana (All Arcana's have to be fire based, its in the rules) from the cage trapping all the Grevils, and everyone is given 1000 free items that are really good and keep their value. All of this is to set up for the Grevling 2, in which the Grevils wake Winter Wyvern up from her 1000 years of slumber in a Glacier, who in a plot twist turns out to be Crystal Maiden who got sent to the past at the conclusion of the battle of the ancients, which is elaborated more during the Year Beast 2015.

LQX

Anyone needs Player Card Packs or crystals? They are going to expire at the end of the month. They are selling for 3 cents so no profit in selling them.

bbd23

Next week. Its going to be him, Oracle, and Sun Wukong in a trihero Halloween spectator with the new event mode, "Save Diretide!", where there Volvo Corporation has locked up all the Greevil's you must fight though a large challenging campaign map to free the Greevils and produce candy for Roshan. Near the end of the map Faceless Void travails back in time to bring Skeleton King back to our realm, and in the process disfigures him self into a new appearance. Spectre proceeds to sing the spooky scary skeleton song with her newly acquired voice pack, to scare Volvo so much they simply give up. Then Phantom Assassin Pulls the Firey Sword of the Arcana (All Arcana's have to be fire based, its in the rules) from the cage trapping all the Grevils, and everyone is given 1000 free items that are really good and keep their value. All of this is to set up for the Grevling 2, in which the Grevils wake Winter Wyvern up from her 1000 years of slumber in a Glacier, who in a plot twist turns out to be Crystal Maiden who got sent to the past at the conclusion of the battle of the ancients.

LzLQ4m7.gif

PasteyMF

Next week. Its going to be him, Oracle, and Sun Wukong in a trihero Halloween spectator with the new event mode, "Save Diretide!", where the Volvo Corporation has locked up all the Greevil's. You must fight though a large challenging campaign map to free the Greevils and produce candy for Roshan. Near the end of the map Faceless Void travails back in time to bring Skeleton King back to our realm, and in the process disfigures him self into a new appearance. Spectre proceeds to sing the spooky scary skeleton song with her newly acquired voice pack, to scare Volvo so much they simply give up. Then Phantom Assassin Pulls the Firey Sword of the Arcana (All Arcana's have to be fire based, its in the rules) from the cage trapping all the Grevils, and everyone is given 1000 free items that are really good and keep their value. All of this is to set up for the Grevling 2, in which the Grevils wake Winter Wyvern up from her 1000 years of slumber in a Glacier, who in a plot twist turns out to be Crystal Maiden who got sent to the past at the conclusion of the battle of the ancients, which is elaborated more during the Year Beast 2015.

Gonna have to coperino pasterino dis one fellas.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
getting comfortable with those pounces?

Decent, now I need to figure out how to stop feeling like paper. And I need to just go back to base to get mana back after a fight, since slark regens only like 75 mana minute and I tend to simply run dry on if there is a followup engagement. Oh, and I need to man up and just buy BKB more often.

Razzer

Decent, now I need to figure out how to stop feeling like paper. And I need to just go back to base to get mana back after a fight, since slark regens only like 75 mana minute and I tend to simply run dry on if there is a followup engagement.

That's why you get a bottle innit? There be two runes now, no excuses. If you're offlane get it yourself, if you're safelane let the supports roam with it the first ten mins then take it back when you start roaming.

Haunted

tumblr_lvgoi7mkmp1qdlkgg.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Decent, now I need to figure out how to stop feeling like paper. And I need to just go back to base to get mana back after a fight, since slark regens only like 75 mana minute and I tend to simply run dry on if there is a followup engagement. Oh, and I need to man up and just buy BKB more often.

skadii solves all these issues brah

get a wand or aquila for early game (or both)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You can Drums if you really feel vulnerable but honestly, you just need to pick your battles better.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think your right about picking fights better, maybe I'm being overly aggressive in the early game. I feel I should not be roaming and searching for fights kill until about level 11. I may try grabbing a bottle if I need to fight a lot.

Also, the current bloodseaker shits on Slark even more the the old one, rupture lasting forever really hurts.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think your right about picking fights better, maybe I'm being overly aggressive in the early game. I feel I should not be roaming and searching for fights kill until about level 11.

Don't do this. Slark really wants to be aggressive early because he falls off fast.

What I mean is, you should be able to find kills without 2k HP. Focus on killing supports, or make sure you have allies that can take advantage of the situation. Make good use of R to get kills and get out.

Treads/Bracers/Wand should be all you need early game unless they have 5 tanky STR heroes or something.

FACE

Banned
I think your right about picking fights better, maybe I'm being overly aggressive in the early game. I feel I should not be roaming and searching for fights kill until about level 11. I may try grabbing a bottle if I need to fight a lot.

Also, the current bloodseaker shits on Slark even more the the old one, rupture lasting forever really hurts.

Nah, the changes to thirst and the Silence makes him way worse against Slark.

Big Dog

F78jx1A.png

Can I have some tips on what items to build on Timbersaw after getting Bloodstone and Boots of Travel. I have a general list of items but wonder what most people prefer to get next. This hero is incredible this patch and I really hope it can be a secret for a while longer.
What blows though is being unable to break base with this hero since there are no trees in sight...

DarkKyo

F78jx1A.png

Can I have some tips on what items to build on Timbersaw after getting Bloodstone and Boots of Travel. I have a general list of items but wonder what most people prefer to get next.

I like Heart of Tarrasque on Timber. Or Black King Bar. It really depends on who I'm fighting. I've also done Radiance a few times but that's if you plan to do a lot of chasing suppose.

Bloodstone + Heart + Reactive Armor and you're a veritable timberbeast.

GorillaJu

Thirst not turning on till 30% hp makes new BS a much softer counter to Slark, but the new silence nuke makes it harder for Slark to get free damage during his ult.

I like new BS a lot, mostly because Blood rage makes jungling a viable tactic for him, and hes useful as a roamer early on with just the blood rage amp/heal benefit and the decent dmg nuke. I'm 5 for 6 in ranked with new BS, one win was as hard carry, the rest I have been going Treads Eul's BKB halberd. Eul's seems crucial both as a set up for blood bath and to stop TP's.

Bottle or Orchid maybe.

sixghost

F78jx1A.png

Can I have some tips on what items to build on Timbersaw after getting Bloodstone and Boots of Travel. I have a general list of items but wonder what most people prefer to get next. This hero is incredible this patch and I really hope it can be a secret for a while longer.
What blows though is being unable to break base with this hero since there are no trees in sight...

BKB if there's someone like Skywrath or DP with annoying silences, Shiva's is always good, halberd is good, ghost sceptor can be good, the new aghs seems fun, but I havent tried it yet.

Hylian7

I believe Hylian has been working his way through the hero challenge, I see some support heroes and 5 losses as Clinkz in there.
Correct, finished Dragon Knight tonight, video probably coming tomorrow.

Nothing wrong with picking a hero of you want to win. Not even necessarily OP heroes either, as I think we can agree Pudge isn't OP.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Shadow Shaman is so bad. I'd rather play Maiden than that shit hero.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I dunno dude, this guy is just useless. He's only good if your team is balling hard early. Late game he's just food and you need to be in the shit to use any of his spells.

eGOCgE9.png

3h4oyrf.png

Honestly feel less useless and helpless when I play Maiden...

Acinixys

Shadow Shaman is so bad. I'd rather play Maiden than that shit hero.

No way

At least Shaman has lategame presence

Past 10 minutes CM becomes a ranged creep thats worth 300+ gold

I use to play her all the time but since she was nerfed shes felt so weak and useless. Really hope IF gives her back her INT and a little more MS

I mean even with a wand and a bracer at lvl 6 she cant do her full combo of Q - W - R

Worthless

LiQuid!

You need a team that knows when to push to win with SS, good luck finding that with randoms.

I only play with a stack which is the worst part. I play with a guy that only plays carries and farms for shit, a guy who has the decision making skills of a toddler, and a guy who thinks he is the best Dota player of all time because he used to play WC3 Dota back in the day. Even with that stack of 4 and occasionally a 5th we can wrangle in to playing with us I can count on one hand the amount of times over the course of a week that our entire team is in the same place at the same time. We're literally the worst at Dota.

Madouu

I miss the hon shadow shaman play style so much, it was much more focused on ganking and ward trapping heroes rather than just dropping wards at a tower whenever they are off cooldown (you couldn't get out of wards with just phase boots). Sending rhasta mid was way more common and I remember a game where I disgusted testie mid with him when he was smurfing in the 1700 bracket.

Still, you can do some great things with shadow shaman in this game. His level 1 nuke is one of the best in the game, same for his disables. If you feel the hero is useless, the issue is with your play style in my opinion.

Mag. Really feels like an odd choice because I can't think of a connection with him and C9's other players, I guess he is local though.

It's not like they have that many choices, it can't get more last minute than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom