• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
JBO5HyV.png

ded gaem

I just upgraded to Windows 8.1 a few days ago and now Dota doesn't show up on the taskbar even though it's running. Does this happen for anyone else?

Satch

Banned
my first ever broodmother game that i can be proud of

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/987953395

my team was a five stack of the late great booty patrol and 3 people that are new to the game. i told them not to come back to the offlane after a while and they... they listened, and then taking towers was easy! why dont people in pubs listen?

shira

no really who is she
(◍•ᴗ•◍)❤
panel-60816782-image-1e6a17770d9c5011-320.jpeg

Hi! I'm Miki. Welcome to my stream!
I'm 18 years old.
I am from the magical land of New Zeal, where the koalas roam free and we eat nothing but kiwi soup. Kidding, I'm from New Zealand!
I've been playing League of Legends since April 2013 and DotA2 since August 2014 (so I'm a trashlord).
♥We have lots of viewer games, so join The Fluffiest Chat in dota2 chat and let's play!♥

Twitch
Instagram
Tumblr
Facebook
Ask.fm
Twitter

Join my steam group and we can be best friends forever!

If there's an item you'd like to send me on steam, click here for my trade link~ ♥

panel-60816782-image-94efa2f7c94a5d43-320.png

Be respectful. No ifs or buts. Saying "you suck" is OK because it's the truth, but please don't just harass me.

I like boobies, you probably like boobies.
Everyone likes boobies.
It's fine to talk about them, but asking me to show them is weird.
It also will never happen.

Please remember I'm new at this. I'm really, really bad at dota, this is trench level.
So please be kind, or feel free to point out what I could do next time to be more successful.
(✿◠‿◠)

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I played League a couple of times. They must be brainwashing people to keep them playing that game. I mean, it's fine I guess, but I don't wanna play the same hero every game and grind useless shit over more heroes. Why is the most popular game on the planet pay 2 win?

manfestival

Hey GAF, remember how I played spec the other day and my team was losing and got rapier and we won?

Just got another one of those games!
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/987990051
I managed to keep my team from self destructing. Told everyone to calm down and we were in it despite not feeling so confident about it. The enemy sven bought not one rapier but TWO. the first rapier ended up on mirana because i ended up dying in the process of killing him(i wasnt aware he had it). The second one my team pinged like the world was ending for me to pick it up. I did and the enemy just couldnt withstand the damage my illusions were dishing out.

OH IT FEELS SO GOOD GAF

cliff note: we were losing pretty bad at the time he got rapier. only t4 and top towers and top rax remained.

EDIT: I decided to try spectre the slahser way which was very effective in getting kills and staying alive afterwards. Something I struggled with when without vanguard.

GorillaJu

I love trolling my team with positivity. Like

"stay positive guys we can win!"

"fuck u timber noob, why u don't get BKB?"
"We fuckin lose and timber is fuck noob dog"
"Plz finish fast , only timber defend"

Then when we come back and win I pause the game before fountain is down to tell everyone that negativity is poison and the only reason we won is because they listened to my advice and played like real bros to the end.

They love that.

manfestival

I love trolling my team with positivity. Like

"stay positive guys we can win!"

"fuck u timber noob, why u don't get BKB?"
"We fuckin lose and timber is fuck noob dog"
"Plz finish fast , only timber defend"

Then when we come back and win I pause the game before fountain is down to tell everyone that negativity is poison and the only reason we won is because they listened to my advice and played like real bros to the end.

They love that.
yeah we had that. Tinker started getting mad and saying GG PLS END. FINISH FAST WE WONT DEFEND. I just told them to relax and that we still had a good chance to win. Winning feels good when having to beat not only the enemy team but your own team in the process lol

I played League a couple of times. They must be brainwashing people to keep them playing that game. I mean, it's fine I guess, but I don't wanna play the same hero every game and grind useless shit over more heroes. Why is the most popular game on the planet pay 2 win?

League is a good game just like dota 2 is a good game. You probably arent giving the game a fair shake. Also dominion is probably the most fun I ever had with a moba.

sixghost

Whoever it was a few pages ago that said Lycan is even better than before is right. 650 move speed necro 3 with wolves is ridiculous.

No, it's not pay 2 win, and no it's a pretty good game. Yes, grinding for heroes sucks. Strictly speaking, your opinion on that game or any game tends to be worth more when you've played more than "a couple" of matches. Which I think you would suggest to someone who would come in here and say something just as ignorant about Dota2.

TLDR: Don't be that dickhead that takes a strong position and pontificates about things to which they have little knowledge or experience. It's sort of embarrassing to read and I think you're a bit better than that. Both games are farm from perfect and both games have their charms. Both require a similar investment in time to discern and appreciate what those things are that make them the popular games they are today. Hopefully, both will get better over time.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
No, it's not pay 2 win, and no it's a pretty good game. Yes, grinding for heroes sucks. Strictly speaking, your opinion on that game or any game tends to be worth more when you've played more than "a couple" of matches. Which I think you would suggest to someone who would come in here and say something just as ignorant about Dota2.

TLDR: Don't be that dickhead that takes a strong position and pontificates about things to which they have little knowledge or experience. It's sort of embarrassing to read and I think you're a bit better than that. Both games are farm from perfect and both games have their charms. Both require a similar investment in time to discern and appreciate what those things are that make them the popular games they are today. Hopefully, both will get better over time.

A couple of matches against actual people. I've actually played it a lot against bots to kill time and level up. My account is high enough that I've unlocked flash (12 or 13 I think). I'm not ignorant about it. I think the business model and rune system suck shit out of my asshole as are heroes homogenized to fill static roles in a static meta. Basically I think it does a lot of things Dota does but worse and doesn't do anything particularly better than Dota.

Its the #1 grossing MMO in the world, so its obviously doing something right. A billion dollars a year right.

LiQuid!

Its the #1 grossing MMO in the world, so its obviously doing something right. A billion dollars a year right.

It did "good enough" first and it's like a decade old so you can run it on a toaster which is good for all the third world-ass PC's I'm sure they have in Asia.

Acinixys

I dont like League cause it looks bad compared to Dota (IN MY OPINION plsnoarguing)

So brown and washed out, like something made by Infinity Ward

Plus the weird cartoony style they use for their heroes really puts me off

Arkanius

Demonic Purge doesn't remove those abilities.

I swear Demonic Purge removed Sven's ult and her shield
You sure?

Maybe it was a coincidence and she ran out of mana :(
I still find it a fantastic ultimate anyhow.

His right clicks also hurt, he is quite powerful for an Intelligence hero. Was he ever played as a Carry in the DOTA1 days of yore?

Red UFO

I swear Demonic Purge removed Sven's ult and her shield
You sure?

Maybe it was a coincidence and she ran out of mana :(
I still find it a fantastic ultimate anyhow.

His right clicks also hurt, he is quite powerful for an Intelligence hero. Was he ever played as a Carry in the DOTA1 days of yore?
I've played against a Shadow Demon in mid before. If he gets to land all his moves on you in one rotation you're going back to the fountain dead or alive. Would have been annoying but I was playing Death Prophet so YOLO.

GorillaJu

Has anyone tried doing a SD short lane support with Bloodseeker jungling? That sounds like a nasty combo for ganks. Disruption set up for BS nuke, Soul Catcher + Blood Rage stacking dmg amps... With proper timing the silence could stop Leap/Time Walk/whatever, seems like fun kills for whoever is farming safe.

League (and Heroes of the Storm) both have pretty bad art direction and general visual design, and it's probably the primary reason I have a hard time interacting with those games, even as a spectator. One feels like a game designed in the 90s while the other looks like a game from 2002, which is weird for HOTS because I feel like Blizzard does good with SC2 and D3 from a visual design standpoint.

But with Chinese couriers and every set having custom particles maybe DOTA 2 will look like messy crayon dog shit in a couple of years too. I lost interest in TF2 when all the market stuff got incorporated and the game started accumulating all the silly stuff, but I guess DOTA won't ever reach that level because everything is purely cosmetic.

I like playing Mirana alot but i cant get my head around a decent item biuld for her
(1900 MMR)
. is getting a linkens ever a good idea for her? i get that is gives you some nice regen, not sure what to get on her late game.

I like playing Mirana alot but i cant get my head around a decent item biuld for her
(1900 MMR)
. is getting a linkens ever a good idea for her? i get that is gives you some nice regen, not sure what to get on her late game.

If you're playing her as a utility support (very unlikely) then go for items like Arcanes, Euls, Force staffs, Mek or Pipe.

Otherwise, if you're playing her as a carry, go for maelstrom into mjollnir into mkb into other damage dealing items like deso and others.

Try to use guides to help you itemize well.

EDIT: And for your question, no, linkens only works for heroes who benefit from the stats, the mana regen and the block like Storm Spirit, Weaver or Medusa. Mirana "needs" none of those things.

GorillaJu

^ True and good advice for someone who isn't still a beginner.

(1900 MMR)

Her mobility is her strongest point, so linkens protects that aspect by allowing you to escape, which is why it's a good item.

But if you're at 1900 MMR I think you'd benefit more from earlier game items that help you get in the action sooner than your opponents expect. Aim for phase boots, magic stick and drums. Those three items will enable you to roam and fight. After that you can decide if you need more offense (Desolator, Mjollnir) or defense (Linkens).

Linken's isn't exactly standard but the fact that it doesn't have an active ability will make it more useful than a Manta or BKB at your skill level.

Mirana is IMO one of the more difficult heroes to play well because she requires a high ability in sensing opportunities to gank and farm. Often Mirana players either find themselves not doing enough because they're too busy farming, or not getting enough exp and gold because they spend too much time ganking fruitlessly. Finding the balance is difficult IMO and is why I avoid Mirana at my MMR

Randdalf

I played with this Techies a few days ago, apparently he had 70+ games of Techies in a row, and his favoured build is to go Null Talisman at level 1 (I think he went tangos along with it). I was surprised how good it was It actually lets him do decent harass damage in the offlane and get a reasonable amount of last hits as well.

(1900 MMR)

Diffusal blade is really nice.

If you're playing her as a carry - maelstrom can be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom