• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
It did "good enough" first and it's like a decade old so you can run it on a toaster which is good for all the third world-ass PC's I'm sure they have in Asia.

You say this out of malice but you have no idea how true it is.

Especially considering the internet cafe condition.

(Except it's half a decade old but I digress)

Ultimatum

Banned
WOW makes more than a billion from subscriptions even now.

no. it doesn't.

League (and Heroes of the Storm) both have pretty bad art direction and general visual design, and it's probably the primary reason I have a hard time interacting with those games, even as a spectator. One feels like a game designed in the 90s while the other looks like a game from 2002, which is weird for HOTS because I feel like Blizzard does good with SC2 and D3 from a visual design standpoint.

But with Chinese couriers and every set having custom particles maybe DOTA 2 will look like messy crayon dog shit in a couple of years too. I lost interest in TF2 when all the market stuff got incorporated and the game started accumulating all the silly stuff, but I guess DOTA won't ever reach that level because everything is purely cosmetic.

dota doesn't even have an art direction these days, it's getting just as messy as LoL

kvk1

We're sitting in here, and we're supposed to be the franchise thread, and we in here talking about league.

Not Dota, not Dota, we talking about league.

We're talking about league, man.

Acinixys

no. it doesn't.

dota doesn't even have an art direction these days, it's getting just as messy as LoL

You cant complain about this though

There are MANY mods that allow you do disable all cosmetics in game, including ward and courier cosmetics

Saying you dont like Dota because the cosmetics make it look shit is like saying you wont go outside because the sun hurts your eyes when someone is giving away free sunglasses 10 feet away

Falk

that puzzling face
Saying you dont like Dota because the cosmetics make it look shit is like saying you wont go outside because the sun hurts your eyes when someone is giving away free sunglasses 10 feet away

Do you know what a hassle it is to go outside

God

shira

I feel bad for ferrari man, he's stuck on a shit team and his TA is pretty meh

637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=332982547&searchtext

The hair is gud, but the rest is kinda meh

Razzer

I like playing Mirana alot but i cant get my head around a decent item biuld for her
(1900 MMR)
. is getting a linkens ever a good idea for her? i get that is gives you some nice regen, not sure what to get on her late game.

Sing's build in most games is maelstrom into Manta into Mjolnir. From there he gets what he needs. I recommend watching his Mirana games.

Edit: I bit old but I didn't see it posted. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5DZcZRSrNg

Volodja

I swear Demonic Purge removed Sven's ult and her shield
You sure?

Maybe it was a coincidence and she ran out of mana :(
I still find it a fantastic ultimate anyhow.

His right clicks also hurt, he is quite powerful for an Intelligence hero. Was he ever played as a Carry in the DOTA1 days of yore?
God's Strenght hasn't been purgeable for quite a while.
It removes War Cry for Sven.
And refraction isn't purgeable either.
I'm sure about it.

Still, it's a really strong ultimate. Great for controlling bkb carries even without the damage, especially if you get an aghs up.
It also works as a pretty potent nuke if you dump all 3 on the same target, but it takes 120 seconds to get them all back up.

Acinixys

God's Strenght hasn't been purgeable for quite a while.
It removes War Cry for Sven.
And refraction isn't purgeable either.
I'm sure about it.

Still, it's a really strong ultimate. Great for controlling bkb carries even without the damage, especially if you get an aghs up.
It also works as a pretty potent nuke if you dump all 3 on the same target, but it takes 120 seconds to get them all back up.

SD also counters Omni hard

With aghs you can purge omni ulti + repel

So strong

bbd23

GUYS HELP! Everytime I click something in the shop or in my little quick buy box it doubles the purchase being made. X2 of eevrything (if I have the gold) WTF DO I DO

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
While I haven't given League a solid try in a long time, I was not a fan of their itemization system. I feel the extra stats they introduced like AP, Cooldown Reduction, and Tenacity, in addition to easily stacking defensive stats, just makes a bunch of items filler and makes the caster characters and support role less fun. I'm also not a fan of how heavy handed Riot has been in ensuring teams must play with a Jungler, and wish they gave their game more room to breath instead of stamping out new strategies.

Manus

Played against a Techies who was baiting his mines with tangos and sentries. Would just place a loose tango or sentry and people would walk up pick it up and die. Was hilarious.

inkls

Played against a Techies who was baiting his mines with tangos and sentries. Would just place a loose tango or sentry and people would walk up pick it up and die. Was hilarious.

I don't even understand how you would fall for that. Its not like you can use them (except the sentry I guess), at least just destroy them from afar or something.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
that feel when ur considering spending $10 on a starladder ticket just to see the art that was rtz lycan from player perspective o_O

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
What I've taken away from playing ~150 games of league is that the barrier of entry for playing the "actual" game is way, way too high. To grind out account levels, rune pages, and whatever other garbage you have to get is just a moneymaking time sink. Coming from Dota and HoN I found it extremely aggravating that I had to invest so much time to play the same game everyone else was, let alone not being able to pick whatever character I wanted.

I'm sure the game has its redeeming qualities after completing the entry requirements, hopefully you enjoy the character/role you started grinding for, if not oh well.

Taborcarn

What I've taken away from playing ~150 games of league is that the barrier of entry for playing the "actual" game is way, way too high. To grind out account levels, rune pages, and whatever other garbage you have to get is just a moneymaking time sink. Coming from Dota and HoN I found it extremely aggravating that I had to invest so much time to play the same game everyone else was, let alone not being able to pick whatever character I wanted.

I'm sure the game has its redeeming qualities after completing the entry requirements, hopefully you enjoy the character/role you started grinding for, if not oh well.

That's precisely the reason I could never really get into League, or other games with that kind of Rune system.

Dahbomb

Ditto here.

inkls

We're probably looking at at least a two hero release right? Apart from techies its been 2 heroes or one + a remodel since the three spirit update. Also, only 4 heroes left to port. Hype.

Razzer

I don't think there is going to be a patch at all. Certainly I've seen no reason to believe there would be other than the Korean rumour thing which I have 0 faith in.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have some hope, but I'm not really expecting anything from dota this week, especially after the small patch last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom