• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

This is a typical "girl" stream who wants to make money.
- low cut shirt
- excess makeup
- kawaii outfit

a09e417992.jpg

There is a formula.
I don't think this is sexually suggestive. I'm sure there are more skimpy ones out there they want to cut out, but what I have seen out there is not that bad.

If Twitch were to ban for stuff like what is pictured above, I would be shocked.

Chris R

It's possible but you would have to work about 20x as hard. Sheever works her ass off to create her own stream community.

And what is she known for? Not playing well and "selling out" :\

Having fun in chat is one thing, but being hateful is another. And with her being a bigger name in the Dota 2 universe, she still doesn't pull Asia numbers right?

This is a typical "girl" stream who wants to make money.
- low cut shirt
- excess makeup
- kawaii outfit

a09e417992.jpg

There is a formula.

im in love

The day has come to play Anti-Mage slahser's way.

http://youtu.be/CyCWEgK7ulA

Commented game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdROsz3dpd0

every clip he shows is like totally on all his supports

that es is a beast and does everything

he could have done what he did there with a pa or something and done it better

Wok

He is not advocating one hero over another. He is just giving advice on how to build heroes for one playstyle which suits the hero's spells and stats. If his suggestion is to skip Battlefury in pubs on AM, it is to be a lot more aggressive in lanes a lot earlier. What he says is that with poor man's shield, brown boots, magic stick, urn and a teleport scroll, AM can already help teammates... and farm heroes.

All of you guys saying Techies is trash etc, I played a game last night where I was Techies and not only was it a hell of a lot of fun, but I basically crippled the opposing team.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/985498018

This isn't super high mmr (~3.4k), but it was still a good game overall, lots of back and forth over 60 minutes. Although it says I died 18 times, I believe about half of those were suicides, which often netted a kill, or at least big teamfight damage.

He is not advocating one hero over another. He is just giving advice on how to build heroes for one playstyle which suits the hero's spells and stats. If his suggestion is to skip Battlefury in pubs on AM, it is to be a lot more aggressive in lanes a lot earlier. What he says is that with poor man's shield, brown boots, magic stick, urn and a teleport scroll, AM can already help teammates... and farm heroes.

It's kinda like playing Medusa how I play Medusa. I skip linken's 99.9% of the time because it makes you too useless for too long. You can't rely on pubs to hold off the enemy team for 30 minutes while you struggle to get a little damage on line. Get phase + dom + yasha + tp scroll and by 15 minutes you're ready and able to join every team fight and make a difference while still being able to carry hard later.

yeah thats fine and all i mean recently traditional battlemage has been making a comeback with vlads and stuff

its just his examples suck and just show him not doing anything of note with his teammates doing everything

and especially when he says its so he doesnt have to rely on teammates as much in pubs yea sure that earthshaker and cm didnt just save your ass and give you 80% of those kills

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Yeah i just skimmed through the vid and it's kinda hilarious that most clips consist of ES or another support making a big play and then him just walking up and right clicking a couple times. Not the best way to advertise your build; I mean I can buy a dagon on jungle storm spirit and make a video of me running around KS-ing, going godlike, and winning... doesn't really help anyone though.

I liked his Huskar vid, but this one is just trying too hard to be hipster or different IMO. He knows he's got a reddit fanbase now, and he has to keep churning out vids, even if that means coming up with something meh and just throwing out a game where he won, rather than a game where his build actually had a large impact or enabled something unique on said hero (like in the Huskar vid where he comes back after his team is losing early to a fairly late game oriented team).

Battlemage is cool and all, but I got nothing out of that video.

Big Dog

Team Tinker playing like shit right now.

They were stuck with two stand-ins. That's definitely gotta hurt that team chemistry even if they are players you pub stack with or talk with often. Unfortunate to see as I'm sure the game would have been much closer had both teams been there in full force as well as being fully rested.

Razzer

Yeah i just skimmed through the vid and it's kinda hilarious that most clips consist of ES or jakiro making a big play and then him just walking up and right clicking a couple times. Not the best way to advertise your build; I mean I can buy a dagon on jungle storm spirit and make a video of me running around KS-ing, going godlike, and winning... doesn't really help anyone though.

I liked his Huskar vid, but this one is just trying too hard to be hipster or different IMO. He knows he's got a reddit fanbase now, and he has to keep churning out vids, even if that means coming up with something meh and just throwing out a game where he won, rather than a game where his build actually had a large impact or enabled something unique on said hero (like in the Huskar vid where he comes back after his team is losing to a fairly late game oriented team).

He's just the urn guy to me now.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
They were stuck with two stand-ins. That's definitely gotta hurt that team chemistry even if they are players you pub stack with or talk with often. Unfortunate to see as I'm sure the game would have been much closer had both teams been there in full force as well as being fully rested.

They got crushed earlier by KPG (aka tier 2 russian team) with their full 5, and that was with them trying to copy EG"s style with lycan and jakiro. Thanks tinker and alliance, keep losing with lycan after trying to copy EG ^_^.

In fact, they played so goddam horrible in that KPG game that it was legit almost like they were just throwing the game for rares. It was just so so so bad. I mean, running into the rosh pit in an attempt to suicide yourself at 60% hp (obviously failed) with a low level ogre/WD chasing you with stuns on CD and with surge coming up in a second (not to mention both the enemy supports were at least 600 units away). If that's not 322, I don't know what is.

sixghost

They really need to change Necro's hero card to say he's a carry. I spent an entire game getting flamed by two guys who wouldn't believe he's a core.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is it bad that I was looking at and older replay, and was puzzled for a minute as to why a caster was standing in for a team, only to realize it was Synderen playing on Mouz?

Sanjay

Ive seen many streams where its just a girl in the smallest, tightest clothing she owns basically cam whoring for donations. This is what Twitch wants to clamp down on im sure

Yeah Twitch wants to shut down these sluts on the side, stealing customers from proper cam whores that are true gamers.

Kambing

Hey guys is there a maximum difference between players in group ranked matches? Like will the game prevent a match if MM difference is 1.5-2k MMR?

NBtoaster

Hey guys is there a maximum difference between players in group ranked matches? Like will the game prevent a match if MM difference is 1.5-2k MMR?

Nope. The game can actually match you with players that you're not allowed to party with. Though it moslty only happens to 5k+ players.

kvk1

probably the best music around though

even better than draskyl

edit: lol at people calling him stone7.

poor kid. kidney stones make me shudder.

I'm up for anything that turns AM into something useful earlier..

4 games unranked all pick and 4 of them with a 4 stack plus me.

Either the 4 stack is good and inevitably finds something I'm doing wrong and proceeds to flame.

OR

The 4 stack has a PA with 1k gold in the bank and no boots w/ a lone druid that never summons his bear. Can't really fault the LD though.. he was doing some work. But I had to beg the PA to buy boots at 30 minutes.

Valvo plz

Kambing

Nope. The game can actually match you with players that you're not allowed to party with. Though it moslty only happens to 5k+ players.

Alright that makes sense.

I think it won't let you do it if its more then 1.5k.

Reason i was asking is because i thought this to be the case. But i just 5 stacked and my party MMR is 4.7k and one friend wass 3.1k. Thought it was weird that it allowed us to play.

The discrepancy between the overall MMR of the teams will never be that far apart.

The discrepancy between the individual MMR of the players can sometimes be 1-1.5Kish.

http://blog.dota2.com/2013/12/matchmaking/

Thanks for the link, reading!

RS4-

I think it won't let you do it if its more then 1.5k.

One of my games, the difference was nearly 2k between a partied couple.

We averaged 3.7; the other two: 4.5 and 2.6 or some shit like that. Complete trainwreck with those two feeding.

Randdalf

One of my games, the difference was nearly 2k between a partied couple.

We averaged 3.7; the other two: 4.5 and 2.6 or some shit like that. Complete trainwreck with those two feeding.

They can't have been far off the maximum difference between party members, which is exactly 2k I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom