• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of think this chest change of not being marketable will actually hurt sales. The items having no trade value or anything like that means, essentially, they're worthless to many people.

Look at how many people rushed to open the chest with the Venge rare set just to try and make a profit. Without that market value, I easily see sales tanking.

I know I consider these items inferior. Not for any other reason than they can't do what the random freebie bow I got in a drop can and that makes them less of a value for me.

bbd23

ibfDXr7lFKMGLP.png

Quesa

hahahahahahah instead of giving creators a cut of market sales they nerfed the market

fuck that fuck playing lottery to get things I want

not buying sets

After playing a game where both teams had multiple disconnects due to server issues, I think a 3v3 mode for DOTA would actually be a lot of fun

I kind of think this chest change of not being marketable will actually hurt sales. The items having no trade value or anything like that means, essentially, they're worthless to many people.

Look at how many people rushed to open the chest with the Venge rare set just to try and make a profit. Without that market value, I easily see sales tanking.

I know I consider these items inferior. Not for any other reason than they can't do what the random freebie bow I got in a drop can and that makes them less of a value for me.

Wait what's this? The items in this halloween set are account bound/untradable? Or all chests?

edit: 3 month wait?

Why is the CK set always legit trash

That's how I feel about every Drow set.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wait what's this? The items in this halloween set are account bound/untradable? Or all chests?

edit: 3 month wait?

That's how I feel about every Drow set.

At least the drow items are amusing, CK is just dull.

Got the Treant and Sven sets with the 2 boxes I opened, Treant is nice. Sort of wanted that Riki tail, but I guess I'll never own it.

After playing a game where both teams had multiple disconnects due to server issues, I think a 3v3 mode for DOTA would actually be a lot of fun

3v3 works fairly well in League. 2 lanes with a small jungle in the middle. Some items had to be reworked specifically for the 3v3 mode, which would probably have to be done in Dotes as well.

edit: I should have known I wouldn't be the only one to notice dat ass.

Big Dog

Anyone else as curious as me for wondering where that Timbersaw set is that Matt posted here last night? It didn't show up in the set and I was really hoping for that to come out.

Chris R

The Axe love is real. Need to get a better item build though, Sange is ok I guess but there are other items that might be better I bet.

axeBlowNose.gif

NBtoaster

Now that they've simplified the spell damage system, it's time they revamp the armor system.

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Table_of_attack_and_armor_types
http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Damage_types#Physical

Most of this seems needlessly complex or intended to be nerfs from an age old version. Beastmaster hawk is the only unit in the game with light armor but its irrelevant because it only has 50hp. Chen dominating ancient creeps was nowhere as good as it sounded because they mostly do chaos damage and have heavy armor so they do less and take more damage from towers.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Crgpodv.jpg

Can you confirm this in the droplist kirby?
This would turn the market into chaos

Its there. It likely can drop too, its on the same list the Champion of Discord (One of the new chest sets) is on, which does have one on the market that did drop:
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Champion of Discord

The Gunslinger and Wicked Bad Voodoo Set set is there too.

Also, if you get the Rare crafting Recipe there is a chance to get the Hookblade of Skadi and other Emerald Dragon items.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So what's missing from that drop list?

I'm not totally sure, but at first glance a lot of the early one off items don't look like they are there. Tournament sets aren't on the list for the most part, but stuff like a lot of the Nexon Prism Chest Sets are.

shira

valve should either buyout all the existing alpines or just let them drop its dumb to have that set be as it is

There are a select few people in the world who hoard have them [cough] and of course they are Valve's best customers
7F95BB4BAE8F633AEEF7CB242EA3D4B2BF13B413

Leaf the cowboy bear dressup peoples alone

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Cowboy Ursa set is downright TAME compared to a lot of the crap that has been introduced to the game since. Back when that set came out hats in general were lame as shit. Barely any change to the base models. People that are hoarding that set don't deserve for it to be worth money. No hat speculation deserves to be rewarded and I'm always really happy when I see previously expensive items get the carpet pulled out from under them. It's not like Valve even gets a cut of uber expensive items trading hands cause they are too expensive to even show up on the community market...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom