• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Cyborgmatt said:
B1OjtEiCcAAyNSh.jpg

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bounchfx

I really, really like the promo art they did for the chest this time. super creative and eye catching ! and I actually do like a lot of the sets. I want the CK, DP, Lion, and Treant.

RIP Singles chests (unless there's more to be announced? no event this year supposedly so I don't have a clue)

Sibylus

Banned
Both of them are complete wastes of time and damaging your product.
Arguable, but throwing a game for money and throwing a game because you're cocky aren't even remotely the same degree of wrongdoing (and I'm not even sure I'd consider the latter wrongdoing at all).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I like this game because you see all these weird little interactions you just don't get to see. Clockwerk cogs destroying the SB charge, Necro vs the Armlet toggle (Which did kill EE once already), Beast Master Hawk to annoy the slark.

Acinixys

no shadow demon set = no happiness. we clearly needed yet another drow or sven set, SD has too much already tears

edit: I really, really like the promo art they did for the chest this time. super creative and eye catching ! and I actually do like a lot of the sets. I want the CK, DP, Lion, and Treant. The Drow... no idea how that got in.

RIP Singles chests (unless there's more to be announced? no event this year supposedly so I don't have a clue)

Bounch dont be noob we only have 50 shit drow sets and so we need more

Heros like SD, Treant, Veno,and Storm Spirit clearly dont need more sets

One is enough for them

shira

Could also be spun as one undermines the tournament's validity and one is an unfortunate consequence of all competitive games.

Arguable, but throwing a game for money and throwing a game because you're cocky aren't even remotely the same degree of wrongdoing (and I'm not even sure I'd consider the latter wrongdoing at all).

So what is it? You tweet that you have no interest in playing the games and we are going to throw our drafts.

It's anti-competition which is just as bad as conspiracy to throw, it's just that you told 50,000 people instead of 2 or 3. That doesn't make it right.

bounchfx

aww man I shoulda bet against C9, the 322 is real.

Bounch dont be noob we only have 50 shit drow sets and so we need more

Heros like SD, Treant, Veno,and Storm Spirit clearly dont need more sets

One is enough for them

heheh, I know you're kidding, but I actually really like the new Treant set a bunch. I do understand heroes like Drow and Sven are played a lot more though so it makes business sense..

where update!! I want oracle :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

heheh, I know you're kidding, but I actually really like the new Treant set a bunch. I do understand heroes like Drow and Sven are played a lot more though so it makes business sense..

Valve was going to wait until C9 won a game, but since they lost everything today its canceled.

Acinixys

Regardless of how much sense in makes business wise, Dota is not Valves main revenue stream AT ALL

So unlike Riot, they dont have to pander to their user base and only release cosmetics for the most popular heros

Im SO SICK of seeing Juggernaught/Sven/Drow/Furion/Bounty/QoP etc getting in every patch while the other 70 heroes in the game are ignored

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Regardless of how much sense in makes business wise, Dota is not Valves main revenue stream AT ALL

So unlike Riot, they dont have to pander to their user base and only release cosmetics for the most popular heros

Im SO SICK of seeing Juggernaught/Sven/Drow/Furion/Bounty/QoP etc getting in every patch while the other 70 heroes in the game are ignored

You have to remember that people actually have to make items for the heroes for them to come out. Like, no one has made a Chen item in 4 months.

So what is it? You tweet that you have no interest in playing the games and we are going to throw our drafts.

It's anti-competition which is just as bad as conspiracy to throw, it's just that you told 50,000 people instead of 2 or 3. That doesn't make it right.

but as he said in his tweet, he didn't go into it trying to lose. They just had no reason to give information to potential competition.

bounchfx

to be fair, we literally cannot make items for at least half the heroes in the game. We'd love to but.... *looks at Valve*

Satch

Banned
im dedicating my life to playing beastmaster from now on

bkb piercing stun is liferuining, idk why i dragged him before

So may games lately against obnoxious turtle lineups where we have 70 kills and we can't break the base. Three force staffs on their team and bazillions of AoE spam and buybacks galore and we just can't fucking do it.

I think sometimes the best thing to do is just get aggressive wards down and farm the enemy jungle until everyone on the team has a HoT or two. But when they have a medusa that can go wrong as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom