• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

I wonder if valve is leaving the ursa set in the pool a few days deliberately, a ton of the changes last night feel like valve giving the middle finger to the trading elite.

We is not amuzered
rage.gif

bounchfx

I don't know, c-tier tourneys still barely move tickets even with hats, a lot of them have issues moving even more then 2k. Big names + Hats is the ticket to success.

you're correct, it is a shame though that most of the smaller tourneys get overlooked completely, hats or not, but understandable. A lot of them get put in 20-30 at a time and never even make the front page.. so a majority of people don't know either exist, ticket nor hat.

I don't know, c-tier tourneys still barely move tickets even with hats, a lot of them have issues moving even more then 2k. Big names + Hats is the ticket to success.
Yeah its kind of strange. TI does well (duh). "Normal" "big" tournaments like d2l and synergy seem to make jack and shit.

Super small stuff also make almost nothing.

Fun stuff like summit and dc cd tourney do great.

Granted I think it's just visibility and lack of actual big tourneys post ti to see what happens but I fear it will just turn into every tourney has some dumb hook or twist.

shira

Yeah its kind of strange. TI does well (duh). "Normal" "big" tournaments like d2l and synergy seem to make jack and shit.

Super small stuff also make almost nothing.

Fun stuff like summit and dc cd tourney do great.

Granted I think it's just visibility and lack of actual big tourneys post ti to see what happens but I fear it will just turn into every tourney has some dumb hook or twist.

Well valve is sitting on several hundred thousand dollars of their prize money

I wouldn't say that is doing great.

Goblak to Navi is the move I called and the one that makes the most sense.

He if can't lead them then nothing will help them.

I feel bad for fng.

I really wish Navi had waited until after D2CL, imagine how fng is feeling now.
All tournaments should have YouTube channels with over a million subscribers.

Of course, if those Youtube channels offer hat-centric videos from time to time, using both ideas together might lead to great results.
I was speaking in the sense of all of the big tournaments, not the amateur ones.

VVV VP.Polar as well. Yeah.

shira

Goblak to Navi is the move I called and the one that makes the most sense.

He if can't lead them then nothing will help them.

I feel bad for fng.

CIS in general is a joke, now all of their teams are crippled and reshuffled. And they are going to reshuffle again in February.

If they don't add a specific CIS slot to tournaments or TI even none of those teams are going to get to LAN finals.

I'm kind of hoping that Navi disband and Dendi can join a different team: Get some personal sets, some personal sponsorships. He should have completely taken e-sports over with the timing of Free2Play, but this is just paving the profits for Zai and Arteezy.

At this pace Arteezy (300k) is going to surpass Dendi's winnings (500k) before Ti5. That's fucking sad that a TI win and two finals and he's got barely half a million in prize winnings and only 1 set. Zerogravity too fucking smart

Razzer

CIS in general is a joke, now all of their teams are crippled and reshuffled. And they are going to reshuffle again in February.

If they don't add a specific CIS slot to tournaments or TI even none of those teams are going to get to LAN finals.

I'm kind of hoping that Navi disband and Dendi can join a different team: Get some personal sets, some personal sponsorships. He should have completely taken e-sports over with the timing of Free2Play, but this is just paving the profits for Zai and Arteezy.

At this pace Arteezy (300k) is going to surpass Dendi's winnings (500k) before Ti5. That's fucking sad that a TI win and two finals and he's got barely half a million in prize winnings and only 1 set. Zerogravity too fucking smart

What would a CIS dream team even be? I think Dendi mid and Funnik offlane are secure choices, but who do you choose for carry or either support? I can't think of any players that scream Tier 1 to me.

About the profits thing, do we know for sure that Zerogravity is holding Dendi back or some shit? I mean surely the guy would want to market Dendi as much as he can as it gets him money too. Also, since when is Zai a big thing lol? He doesn't get huge stream numbers, I don't recall him getting any special attention or an awesome set. People like him as player but he's hardly a brand like Arteezy is. I'd say that other than Dendi and RTZ the big 'brand' players are IceIceIce, SingSing kinda (he has the stream numbers but isn't as big outside of that) and Notail. After that you've got some players with some gimmick like Bulldog with his rat, Xboct 4 and Old Man Fear, and some popular but not huge players like Black^, Puppey, S4, Kuro, maybe Bulba, Universe etc. Oh and PPD who just the PJSalt guy. This is talking about western fans btw, the chinese community fawn over their own guys.

Edit: Oh and EE ofc. Though that's more like a single meme about him than a brand.

I think Dendi is already at a stage where he doesn't worry about money any more and is the reason why he hasn't pushed his own brand. I do think Navi is super lucky to have Dendi onboard and have benefitted by a huge amount though.

Free2play alone made him a hell of a lot of money.

ksan

old school dota players dont work like lol players, thats all i gotta say
What would a CIS dream team even be? I think Dendi mid and Funnik offlane are secure choices, but who do you choose for carry or either support? I can't think of any players that scream Tier 1 to me.
v-god x5

G.ZZZ

Dendi isn't even the best mid CIS.

Resolution
Silent
AA/Vanskor/
Funn1k
Solo

would be the best CIS team, basically current empire + Funn1k +another good support - yok1 -alwayswannafeed

Solo as a support is fucking unreal. He ain't a 7k MMR randomer player for nothing i guess.

Razzer

Resolution
Silent
AA/Vanskor/
Funn1k
Solo

would be the best CIS team, basically current empire + Funn1k +another good support - yok1 -alwayswannafeed

Solo as a support is fucking unreal. He ain't a 7k MMR randomer player for nothing i guess.

I always forget about Solo. As for reso, I was kinda going off the premise that Dendi was leaving Navi to find this dream team, so he ain't allowed as much as I do thing he's a great player. I don't think Silent is Tier 1 quality. Vanskor hasn't recaptured that form of early 2014 yet for me, and AA I haven't seen in anything relevent in aaaaaaaaaaaaaages.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Getting paid by Blizzard to push it or something to that effect.

HOTS is a fresh esports scene with the Blizzard brand behind it and Koreans are too busy playing League to bother with HOTS so he'll be big fish in a little pond.

Good move imo.

I'm bummed about FNG not getting to stay on Na'Vi. He never played at LANs before moving to their squad, right? I can't think of any LANs that PR actually got to, even though they got close seemingly every time. I honestly think he's really underrated, and I'm hoping some other team gives him a shot.

**After reading through the reddit thread, I'm also kind of annoyed at how Na'vi seems to pick the worst times to poach players. I can't really fault them for it, but it seems kind of anti-competitive within their region.

so its like

the we got kicked off of eg team

edit wait are they all zerg players too cause that would be hilarious

lzgamer played terran I think

yeah he did, he created the reaper spam meta which probably took years off of idra's life

I think Dendi's problem is that he's too nice to his teammates. I get the feeling that he's the type of person that wants to play better so he can carry his friends to success, instead of being like rtz who just hits creeps and expands his ego while expecting universe to win games for him. Dendi should expect a tier 1 team to be built around him, because the dude probably still is the most well known Dota player in the community, atleast outside of China.

Biggest whiny bitches on pro stage: PPD, RTZ,fEEd and Fear.

Look out, we got a hater here. Never seen one of those before.

Resolution
Silent
AA/Vanskor/
Funn1k
Solo

with respect, I don't remember the last time I saw Dendi lose a mid 1v1.

is it hate if its the truth

A fair point. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom