• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demoli

New PL is completely OP so I don't think the hero hasn't had a chance to shine.

Not playing a hero in comp is a sure fire way to bringing him into CM in a stupid way, alongside uneeded nerfs (Legion got really nerfed for no good reason) or unecessary buffs (TB)

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Crystal Maiden's rack.
smile.gif

Chris R

Best part of these drafts is how quickly they go.

TI5 Captain's Draft plz volvo

edit: and yea, audio levels are really rough atm.

Serious question, is tehre a reason beyond the Melee vs Ranged matchup that clinkz is beating tiny so bad? Clinkz has pretty bad early damage, so I'd think that tiny would be okay.

Jex

Serious question, is tehre a reason beyond the Melee vs Ranged matchup that clinkz is beating tiny so bad? Clinkz has pretty bad early damage, so I'd think that tiny would be okay.

Huh? He can just Searing Arrow for free for days, which is what he did.

Jex

Well, Secret are getting destroyed even with the Server advantage. I can't imagine them besting EG in game two.

Gonna have to rewatch this vod. I understand how Clinkz won lane now but the build is just so different from what I use.

**Warlock outfarming tinker lol

BigAT

I meant base damage. I guess the searing arrows is good enough. He also went bottle so he doesn't have any sort of mana problems.

Yeah, low base damage doesn't really matter all that much when you're adding 30-50 damage to each attack and able to orb walk harass without drawing creep aggro.

By the way I'm pretty sure Alpine Ursa is still in the new drop list.

I can't pull the latest schema but the one from the client update still has it dropping.
good

let it never be "fixed"

teach people to not put tons and tons of money on a virutal economy where the rules can be arbitrary changed at any point
I feel like the Dota competitive scene would be more interesting if big tournaments used Captain's Draft instead of Captain's Mode.

i think its good where it is

an occasional mix up

with a more or less fluid but consistent overall meta

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Real talk: how badly would CD fuck with TI? You would think in a way it's a more equalizing test of a team's skill because it forces them to adapt to unconventional picks and drafters have to formulate strats and counters on the fly, not to mention players would all need a much broader hero knowledge. It would also prevent staleness in the meta that develops before each TI final where you tend to see the same bans and picks every. single. game.

Razzer

I'd like more than just one CD tourney, but I think a 70%-30% split is good. Particularly as the scene has had real overcrowding problems since TI4 with all the tourneys scrambling to make themselves the biggest outside of TI and getting in each others way. CD gives them a selling point beyond just being bigger which they really need at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom