• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razzer

lzgamer played terran I think

yeah he did, he created the reaper spam meta which probably took years off of idra's life

I think Dendi's problem is that he's too nice to his teammates. I get the feeling that he's the type of person that wants to play better so he can carry his friends to success, instead of being like rtz who just hits creeps and expands his ego while expecting universe to win games for him. Dendi should expect a tier 1 team to be built around him, because the dude probably still is the most well known Dota player in the community, atleast outside of China.

If you dismiss RTZ as just hitting creeps you clearly don't realize just how crucial he is. He's not necessarily their best player, but their playstyle revolves around his unique skillset. The dude is an absolute laning monstrosity, often winning matchups he should lose against top players and at least managing to farm without help when he should get crushed. I struggle to think of another mid that as a support I could just trust to win his lane without help. The only time EG ever do help is to counter ganks. The other thing is that he pushes his best heroes to their absolute limits in terms of when they are safe or not without overstepping the boundaries. And then, yes, he is a ridic efficient farmer, up there with Black^.

If you dismiss RTZ as just hitting creeps you clearly don't realize just how crucial he is. He's not necessarily their best player, but their playstyle revolves around his unique skillset. The dude is an absolute laning monstrosity, often winning matchups he should lose against top players and at least managing to farm without help when he should get crushed. I struggle to think of another mid that as a support I could just trust to win his lane without help. The only time EG ever do help is to counter ganks. The other thing is that he pushes his best heroes to their absolute limits in terms of when they are safe or not without overstepping the boundaries. And then, yes, he is a ridic efficient farmer, up there with Black^.

There have been quite a few mids over time who dominate lanes like rtz does, but i don't trust myself to pull the names out of a hat. I agree that as of right now he's the most dominant mid in the game, though.

I was joking. The point is that in a lot of ways the EG team was built around his style, but you can make an argument that he's not even the best player on that team, which you definitely can't do for Dendi and Navi. In an EG game, RTZ doesn't need to have a good start, he doesn't need to win his lane, and his team doesn't need his help to win their lanes. If he has a bad start, the team is perfectly capable of making a ton of space for him to retreat and farm the jungle. Meanwhile I feel like for Navi to win a game, Dendi is expected to win mid and also be the lynchpin for his team for the rest of the game. It's good that he expects so much of himself, but I feel like he needs to pull a Lebron and resolve to not be a tier 1 player on a tier 2 team.

Razzer

There have been quite a few mids over time who dominate lanes like rtz does, but i don't trust myself to pull the names out of a hat. I agree that as of right now he's the most dominant mid in the game, though.

I'm not claiming RTZ is the only player ever of this type. G.ZZZ told me about this chinese mid who fits the RTZ mold, but I don't remember the name. Then you have people like S4, Mushi, Dendi who are all known as great 1v1 laners. But it's the level of consistency with which he does despite any circumstance. Just look at how consistently high his networth is 20 mins in like every game.

He has flaws in other parts of his game, I'm not claiming he's the best mid. Just that saying all he does is hit creeps dismisses the subtleties of his play.

Edit: Sorry, I disagree that Dendi is that much better. I think Funnik is better than him, personally. Vanskor if he recaptures his early 2014 from is also at least as good. It does seem like Navi need Dendi to do well to win, but I put that more down to Navi being very bleh recently than Dendi being super good.

I'm not claiming RTZ is the only player ever of this type. G.ZZZ told me about this chinese mid who fits the RTZ mold, but I don't remember the name. Then you have people like S4, Mushi, Dendi who are all known as great 1v1 laners. But it's the level of consistency with which he does despite any circumstance. Just look at how consistently high his networth is 20 mins in like every game.

He has flaws in other parts of his game, I'm not claiming he's the best mid. Just that saying all he does is hit creeps dismisses the subtleties of his play.

Edit: Sorry, I disagree that Dendi is that much better. I think Funnik is better than him, personally. Vanskor if he recaptures his early 2014 from is also at least as good. It does seem like Navi need Dendi to do well to win, but I put that more down to Navi being very bleh recently than Dendi being super good.

I think dendi is something of a driving force for that team. He does well and the positive energy permeates. that said, that team is kind of a mess right now. So many games where I have no idea what they're thinking. If anyone sticks out as a shining light or major issue I'd say it's funnik and xboct respectively.
Would not mind seeing Funnik move to another team, tbh.

Got two treasure tokens, where do I blow 'em gaf? Was thinking Trove carafe or forged fury.

Edit: Champion's Chest instead of forged fury maybe?

73V3N

Banned
What happened to the price of this:
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Quas Essence

?
crazy.gif

Big Dog

Why do I have 5 tokens now, did valve decided my bonuses were worth more?
Great question. I got on this evening to the welcoming of two in my armory. I do not remember having one single point booster. MAYBE I had one from the welcoming gift but I am positive I had no more than one. I wonder if one of the tokens comes from them taking back the welcoming gift. But that would be millions of tokens handed out, therefore lowering market value on items even further...

shira

with respect, I don't remember the last time I saw Dendi lose a mid 1v1.

M5 wrecked his clinkz

I think Dendi's problem is that he's too nice to his teammates. I get the feeling that he's the type of person that wants to play better so he can carry his friends to success, instead of being like rtz who just hits creeps and expands his ego while expecting universe to win games for him. Dendi should expect a tier 1 team to be built around him, because the dude probably still is the most well known Dota player in the community, atleast outside of China.

I think Zerogravity was good for Dendi to a point, but he's not as savvy as someone like Alex Garfield who found new funding sources like t-shirts and T-Mobile. You can only sell a brand if they are winners or winning. Navi's winning days are over. Now his team sucks and I'm not sure he has the work ethic or a team of tryhards behind him that are constantly spamming 100 games of a hero in order to find new strats or imblances like C9.

I think Dendi is already at a stage where he doesn't worry about money any more and is the reason why he hasn't pushed his own brand. I do think Navi is super lucky to have Dendi onboard and have benefitted by a huge amount though.
Is Dendi still interested in winning? Because if he stays with Navi he's not going to win very much unless an undiscovered prodigy comes along or Pudge is buffed. You can only create so many permutations with CIS players and FNG was supposed to be that young rising star. Is Navi even in a position to be invited to TI5 because they are probably not going to win a qualifier tournament, which would be embarrassing.

Satch

Banned
i just played a very long game in which my team was actually making a comeback and then our puck (who had been playing great the whole game) suddenly went braindead and you can pinpoint the exact moment where we officially lost everything and couldnt come back from it

i hate this game

Aselith

I have tons of essences because selling multiple items on Steam is THE FUCKING WORST. Like it has to refresh the entire fucking thing every time you put something up so you have to find them item then put a price then agree to the terms then click dota inventory again because god fucking forbid you stay in the same goddamn inventory then you have to search again then put a price then agree to the terms, ad infinitum. Fuck you, Gabe!

It evens keeps your search phrase in but doesn't narrow it down so now you have to DELETE your search phrase so you can search for the same damn thing again. I don't even

Edit: All right I lied about that. Easy money! Thanks be unto, Gaben!

Is Navi even in a position to be invited to TI5 because they are probably not going to win a qualifier tournament, which would be embarrassing.

I don't know if that is true. While they play pretty bad in most games recently, I don't really see much competetition right now. There are 3 teams that dominate the Western scene: EG, Secret and Clown9.
Then there are 4 other teams with really inconsistent plays, but shining moments. They can all win/loose a tournament if matched up against each other.
Tinker, Na'vi, Alliance and maybe Empire.

Then there is the rest.

So I think Na'vi could still win a Qualifier if only the 4 "Tier 2" teams are present.

shira

I don't know if that is true. While they play pretty bad in most games recently, I don't really see much competetition right now. There are 3 teams that dominate the Western scene: EG, Secret and Clown9.
Then there are 4 other teams with really inconsistent plays, but shining moments. They can all win/loose a tournament if matched up against each other.
Tinker, Na'vi, Alliance and maybe Empire.

Then there is the rest.

So I think Na'vi could still win a Qualifier if only the 4 "Tier 2" teams are present.

Navi would have to beat out: Tinker, Fnatic, Finnstack, Empire, VP, Alliance
I don't see them sweeping all of those teams. Sure they are more experienced, but they are not working as hard as some darkhorse team. All you need is a last pick meepo or something and you are screwed.

You know what. Alliance should get Dendi. That solves their hole in mid. Alex Garfield brokers a deal with Zerogravity - GGA and Navi unite.

Disband Tinker and Navi.US reform as Alliance.US or some bullshit.

Navi would have to beat out: Tinker, Fnatic, Finnstack, Empire, VP, Alliance
I don't see them sweeping all of those teams. Sure they are more experienced, but they are not working as hard as some darkhorse team. All you need is a last pick meepo or something and you are screwed.

You know what. Alliance should get Dendi. That solves their hole in mid. Alex Garfield brokers a deal with Zerogravity - GGA and Navi unite.

Disband Tinker and Navi.US reform as Alliance.US or some bullshit.

Lets see how they fare with Goblak in the team now. As it seems he officially joined Na'vi a few hours ago?
http://www.joindota.com/en/news/22667-goblak-parts-ways-with-vp-polar

edit: nvm I am late.

Zeth

Can anyone recommend me a site that will sort my inventory by value? Need to get an idea for things to sell for steambucks. I remember something like PriceMyInventory? But want to make sure it's legit.

Why do I have 5 tokens now, did valve decided my bonuses were worth more?

Me too - kinda lame since I now have everything in the new chest. And everything in the majority of other chests. Finding ones that won't result in doubles would be way too much work. Wish I could still get Hookblade of Skadi. Sold one for <$50 I think. Now they're like $230 . Anyone trade for a Rainmaker?
crazy.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
DotaCinema tournament is nearly at $150k prize pool, wonder what the split between Compendium and Item set is
Looks like a 60/40 split in raw sales, the jugg set is pretty popular, and since the jugg set is more money it likely makes up 70% of the money the tournament has brought in.

Edit: maths are hard on a phone calculator.

Looks like a 60/40 split in raw sales, the jugg set is pretty popular, and since the jugg set is more money it likely makes up 70% of the money the tournament has brought in.

Is the split up somewhere? Just wondering where you got the numbers

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is the split up somewhere? Just wondering where you got the numbers
I run a data miner that keeps track of who owns what, and that's the current ratio. I really need to make it have more bias towards rescanning backpacks, for the 5 months it has been running its mostly trying to expand the number of unique people tracked. It takes a while to recheck every one though since you can only make 100k api calls and I have 2.8 Million people in the database.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

The Juggernaut set is more expensive but less of each sale goes into the prize pool. Ten percent goes into the pool while 25% of the $7.99 compendium goes in. So it's just about $2 per compendium sold, $1.10 per Juggernaut set. .

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The Juggernaut set is more expensive but less of each sale goes into the prize pool. Ten percent goes into the pool while 25% of the $7.99 compendium goes in. So it's just about $2 per compendium sold, $1.10 per Juggernaut set. .
I swear it said 25% on the jugg set when it first went live.

I run a data miner that keeps track of who owns what, and that's the current ratio. I really need to make it have more bias towards rescanning backpacks, for the 5 months it has been running its mostly trying to expand the number of unique people tracked. It takes a while to recheck every one though since you can only make 100k api calls and I have 2.8 Million people in the database.
why aren't you just random sampling

there is no point in checking every account that's crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom