• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Dog

Maybe it is just me but did anyone else notice last night that you were no longer able to lock your custom courier when you are the owner of it? I played 2 or 3 matches and placed the courier myself and would try and press the lock button but nothing at all would happen.

rexor0717

I've never raged in dota until today. Our team started with an early 15 kill lead, then proceed to feed back to even. Who are these people?

I run a data miner that keeps track of who owns what, and that's the current ratio. I really need to make it have more bias towards rescanning backpacks, for the 5 months it has been running its mostly trying to expand the number of unique people tracked. It takes a while to recheck every one though since you can only make 100k api calls and I have 2.8 Million people in the database.

what db do you use to store all those tables?

I'm not comfortable with the idea that cosmetics can't be in the game if they have skulls on them because of China. I feel like I'm being hindered in my game due to a superstitions backwards government on the other side of the planet on

It took a pretty great CK set and made it into a generic set, and the shoulder of the new Sven set looks really strange.

Manus

The amount of extra gold a team who has someone who DQs gets is nuts. Was against another team where someone quit within the first 10 mins. The other team got so many items so fast it was crazy. 25 mins in enemy Ember has Deso, BF, Daedalus.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
The amount of extra gold a team who has someone who DQs gets is nuts. Was against another team where someone quit within the first 10 mins. The other team got so many items so fast it was crazy. 25 mins in enemy Ember has Deso, BF, Daedalus.

Yep being 4v5 can actually be quite an advantage especially if the team of 4 has some hard carries. But without fail the team of 4 will talk shit "you lost 4v5 lol noobs" as if they didn't actually have an advantage.

Yep being 4v5 can actually be quite an advantage especially if the team of 4 has some hard carries. But without fail the team of 4 will talk shit "you lost 4v5 lol noobs" as if they didn't actually have an advantage.

but to be fair, they don't really have an advantage. a team that's 4v5 should lose every teamfight until like 35 minutes. So if someone DCs at 10, you should just push really hard.

Big Dog

A MySQL database hosted by Amazon's RDB, which lets me be flexible and scale up the amount of resources over time.

I really need to revamp the website that I display data on, it's so bad but I just don't ever want to sit down for the few days to really make it look nice. You can see the thing here:
http://dotahatstats.com/test_site/table.php

Please do update it at some time! It's a really cool resource to have but definitely a barebones site lol

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
You should probably have a site that people can use if you're spending all that money on it. Also those URL/page names lol.

Chris R

Maybe it is just me but did anyone else notice last night that you were no longer able to lock your custom courier when you are the owner of it? I played 2 or 3 matches and placed the courier myself and would try and press the lock button but nothing at all would happen.
Do you need to lock it before the 0;00 horn? I locked my husky just fine last night

Big Dog

Do you need to lock it before the 0;00 horn? I locked my husky just fine last night
That may have been my problem. I didn't do it in one of the games but I thought I tried before the horn in another. That would make sense though if it was permanent after the horn.

That poor guy is going to lose a lot of money trying to manipulate the market.
There was at least 6-8 listings up before. That's a lot to drop on a shitty Mirana set.
Are the DC particles fixed? Need my Mirana footprints and jug stuff.
Juggernaut is fine. Mirana is missing paw footprints, its in the schema but not working right now.

ibshwuYDtM2G5i.png

Chris R

A MySQL database hosted by Amazon's RDB, which lets me be flexible and scale up the amount of resources over time.

I really need to revamp the website that I display data on, it's so bad but I just don't ever want to sit down for the few days to really make it look nice. You can see the thing here:
http://dotahatstats.com/test_site/table.php

Few days? Hell, a few hours tops is all you would need to style things a bit nicer.

Then I'd also add market links for items (http://steamcommunity.com/market/search?appid=570&q=<<ITEM+NAME+HERE>>). Would be even nicer if you could query by item ID instead of item name to prevent dumb people from buying renamed items.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
but to be fair, they don't really have an advantage. a team that's 4v5 should lose every teamfight until like 35 minutes. So if someone DCs at 10, you should just push really hard.

That's pretty dependent on your ability as a team to do early push which is not necessarily a given.

Also we are talking about pubs here. You cannot reliably get that kind of coordination. Obviously in a match between 2 coordinated teams 4v5 would not be a real advantage for the lesser side.

dmshaposv

ogre is legit OP support. I tanked a lina ult, veno right clicks and qop shadow strike with just enough HP in multiple team fights.

This tanky int hero meta, (ogre, jakiro) is both great and very easy to abuse.

Wow earth spirit Q targeting on stones is bugged as fuck.
I thought they fixed it but its worse than ever.

His Q feels better than ever for me.

He is somehow far worse this patch though, I've lost 450 mmr this patch solely with ES. The need to his pull combined with how late games usually go really hurts him.

FACE

Banned
ogre is legit OP support. I tanked a lina ult, veno right clicks and qop shadow strike with just enough HP in multiple team fights.

This tanky int hero meta, (ogre, jakiro) is both great and very easy to abuse.

Yup, Ogre is OP.

That regen + 7 armor means he can trade hits and harass pretty much everyone out of the lane.

This game is so frustrating.
Losing so many games the past couple days in which literally every lane lost and I (as the 5 role support, in almost every game) end up getting flamed because I get picked out trying to ward/focused down in half a second in every teamfight. Horribly frustrating.

shira

That poor guy is going to lose a lot of money trying to manipulate the market.

That's not how it works. It's more like this

Me: Post on reddit that something is limited.

Spoiled Asian Millionaire: I'm bored and rich as fuck

Asian trader buddy with US steam account: Ok the shitty Mirana is on the market and there only 6 of them

SAM: Ok buy one. I want to go unbox it and look at her eye goggles

ATBWUSA: It's $300 are you sure, you don't don't even play matchmaking

SAM:
cool.gif

Pratfall

Blurry in the game or in general? With dual screens I need to adjust the resolution before I go into the game. Web browsing is blurry, but it looks nice in game.

It was blurry in game for me yesterday. I might try and play with it a bit more tomorrow.

Bad7667

So the last 2-3 weeks has been some of the worst Dota I've ever experienced. I have around 2000 hours and the amount of games where my team never had a chance to win is astounding.

I've lost games a lot before but man, never this bad or as often. And the worst part is I cant even find the exact reason for it other than luck.

Will I be the only support? If I ask for oflflane will I be forced to solo support as Tide?

Will my supports play their role, or will they rush items like a scepter while we desperately need a Mek or wards? Forget even expecting them to pull for the carry.

Sorry I just needed to vent.

So the last 2-3 weeks has been some of the worst Dota I've ever experienced. I have around 2000 hours and the amount of games where my team never had a chance to win is astounding.

I've lost games a lot before but man, never this bad or as often. And the worst part is I cant even find the exact reason for it other than luck.

Will I be the only support? If I ask for oflflane will I be forced to solo support as Tide?

Will my supports play their role, or will they rush items like a scepter while we desperately need a Mek or wards? Forget even expecting them to pull for the carry.

my exact experience. It is really becoming exasperating. and at this point everytime the signs of that same sort of match happens I start tilting which makes it that much worse.

shira

I wish Valve would let us fill in the empty lore boxes. That would definitely help legitimize them as real items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom