• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Sing magnus almost dendi tier

firebathero-dance-o.gif

Can't wait for 10 years later and Dendi is playing some kind of Dota card game and wins the finals at Valvecon

NBtoaster

Getting those trilane kills isn't always about maximizing gold in the short term; killing puts your entire trilane at an xp advantage and puts fear into the aggro (or safe) tri. They might collapse and feed more kills or just abandon the aggro (or safe) and in the long run, that will net you far more gold than just playing passively and prioritizing last hits over kills. Not to mention you're shutting down their carry.

Also new drop system is ass until they up the droprates a tad. I don't think I've seen a single person get an item in the last 20 games I've played.
True, but in game I'm not really thinking of a potential psychological advantage, especially if I feel I've become behind by chasing a kill but missing a creep wave because of it.

U're bad and u should feel bad.

Well thats pretty rude!

imo visage is like... the best solo queue support

visage is stupid strong. drow visage in solo queue is a faceroll easy free win. Even without drow, the slow (AS and MS) is incredible, and visage has one of the most potent nukes in the game. Very strong hero.

Is this caster reading the prompter lol? Regardless, he has long pretty lashes.

On another note: I still don't understand how they want HotS to play. Seems like a bit of a clusterfuck of design choices as of right now.

**I see Chen decided to become one with his animal friends.

hgy22LB.jpg

Choo Choo... all aboard the omni train...I don't even have to play well just make sure the most competent right clicker on my team stays up..

Anno

Being on an extended winning streak sucks. Every game I assume is going to be "the game" where I end up with a Razor rushing battlefury or something. I kinda want to lose just to get it out of the way.

Secret is pulling out of D2L. They really need to make some changes for next season if they want teams to play in it.
Besides their own

whats the issue?
Scheduling, saturation and a $50k base prize pool with nothing to boost it. There's another big tournament on the way which will be announced soon that takes priority.

Also i-league LAN finals clash with D2L LAN finals, which is a $50K+ vs $300K+ tournament.

Although I don't think they will goto China, i-league is really shit at taking care of Western teams. I think someone should go because it's expected that there won't be any of the GGA teams there due to D2L.

Scheduling, saturation and a $50k base prize pool with nothing to boost it. There's another big tournament on the way which will be announced soon that takes priority.

Also i-league LAN finals clash with D2L LAN finals, which is a $50K+ vs $300K+ tournament.

Although I don't think they will goto China, i-league is really shit at taking care of Western teams. I think someone should go because it's expected that there won't be any of the GGA teams there due to D2L.

Man... How did they blow it so bad? That seems like an absolutely ridiculous oversight.

What ever happened to the WePlay tournament?

I mean it was announced with a LAN finals in December and they haven't even started their 6 week group stage, was there ever any announcement about it being delayed or anything?

What ever happened to the WePlay tournament?

I mean it was announced with a LAN finals in December and they haven't even started their 6 week group stage, was there ever any announcement about it being delayed or anything?
Delayed till next year. You can thank DreamLeague for that one.

it amazes me that i can not watch starcraft for two years and watch like 2 games and its all the same it ever was

if i left dota for 6 months id be so lost :(

it amazes me that i can not watch starcraft for two years and watch like 2 games and its all the same it ever was

if i left dota for 6 months id be so lost :(
That stage though. The projection mapping was awesome (the stage transformed into the different races etc). We need this at TI.

B19zuRsCYAA4BTw.jpg:large

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Guys, outside of not looking like crap, is there any features you would like to see on my hat stat site? I should have stuff on the drop list up by tomorrow, and then can calculate if an item is limited or not.

Syn23

I've seen every Nolan movie and liked them all. Inception and Memento are exceptional.
This one is just bad.

I'm not good enough in English writing to explain why, but you'll find some of the reasons here (spoilers, obviously): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137435206&postcount=58
In general, the movie doesn't work.

To give a Dota analogy, it was like watching that Dendi stream, I think it was like three or four months ago (I'm sure someone here remembers it), when he thrown on purpose. He lost 10 consecutive games or something like that. He kept going mid, winning his lane and then feeding.
It wasn't funny to see. It was unpleasant and almost embarrassing.
Like Interstellar.

Sorry for the OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom