• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

NBtoaster

6.82 comeback gold still feels extremely anti fun at times. One minute you're godlike, then one death later the game is suddenly serious and close.

Also dislike how gold distribution has changed. If you're a carry in a trilane it's almost not worth it going for kills because unless you get the last hit you get like 30 gold.

shira

oz oz oy oy oy
facepalm.gif

Pratfall

6.82 comeback gold still feels extremely anti fun at times. One minute you're godlike, then one death later the game is suddenly serious and close.

Also dislike how gold distribution has changed. If you're a carry in a trilane it's almost not worth it going for kills because unless you get the last hit you get like 30 gold.

trilane/early kill gold is probably my biggest complaint about the patch. I dont think early kills should determine the game but if your trilane goes 3-0 in the first 8 minutes the opponent should have to adjust their strategy to win, not just do exactly what they are doing because those kills mean so little. I really pride myself at being good at positioning the lane and myself as a support to create kill opportunities in a trilane but that seems very de-emphasized in this patch.

Acinixys

Playing vs Necro + Tree + Dazzle is the most canceruos shit ive had to deal with in a long time

So many heals that even if their carry hits 1HP hes healed back to 600 in an instant

Zoon

Has anyone actually got any item or seen any item drops?Both me and a friend haven't seen any after the update.How rare is it?

After doing some research I have concluded that losing the dreads has not made Zyori any less annoying to listen to.
Somehow his dreads weren't making him stupider, he's just an idiot.
Playing vs Necro + Tree + Dazzle is the most canceruos shit ive had to deal with in a long time

So many heals that even if their carry hits 1HP hes healed back to 600 in an instant

Try Necro+Wisp duo, can not die.

shira

Has anyone actually got any item or seen any item drops?Both me and a friend haven't seen any after the update.How rare is it?

Cyborgmatt got the $400 dollar mirana one
wink.gif

Speaking of items, I'm about to level up(level 173) and open my next 5-level chest. If I do this now are you guys saying I won't get any drops from the level up and chest or that the drop pool is so tiny I shouldn't level up yet and save it for some sort of change in the item system?

From what I've seen on reddit the drop pool is huge. Almost anything except genuines and heroics have been dropping. This includes Frozen/Cursed/Auspicious sets.

But the L5chest idk how it work

DarkKyo

Speaking of items, I'm about to level up(level 173) and open my next 5-level chest. If I do this now are you guys saying I won't get any drops from the level up and chest or that the drop pool is so tiny I shouldn't level up yet and save it for some sort of change in the item system?

Big Dog

The drop pool is huge now. There is just no connection between leveling up and getting a drop as far as I know. But you will still get a single item out of the welcome chest I believe. But the chest itself will disappear after you open it. Not sure what the drop list for the welcome gift looks like because it's still a single item list and not the full sets list.

How many games did it take people for something to actually drop? Also is it true that of you open the lvl chest, it disappears?

For me , it took like 2 games once the patch was deployed to get a full Dragon Knight set. (though I haven't gotten any drops since then)

And yes, if you open the lvl chest, it will disappear and you won't get another one.

Fee

I have played at least 40 games since the patch and haven't gotten anything. Though I still do have the welcome chest to open in like half a level. The last one i opened was the night before the patch. I have a feeling things are set up as such i wont get drops till it's open.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Getting those trilane kills isn't always about maximizing gold in the short term; killing puts your entire trilane at an xp advantage and puts fear into the aggro (or safe) tri. They might collapse and feed more kills or just abandon the aggro (or safe) and in the long run, that will net you far more gold than just playing passively and prioritizing last hits over kills. Not to mention you're shutting down their carry.

Also new drop system is ass until they up the droprates a tad. I don't think I've seen a single person get an item in the last 20 games I've played.

G.ZZZ

U're bad and u should feel bad.

I have played at least 40 games since the patch and haven't gotten anything. Though I still do have the welcome chest to open in like half a level. The last one i opened was the night before the patch. I have a feeling things are set up as such i wont get drops till it's open.

While the item drops have gotten rarer, because of you get full sets instead of regular items, it makes the drops feel more "valuable" than before.

Quesa

Steve are you using that idler program to get those cards

I'm using it now and want to know if it'll run games from other libraries shared with me or if I'll have to run those myself or if you can even get cards from them

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think if Tide get a scepter upgrade it will likely give him a new ability, I don't think they would increase how strong his ult is.

Tide scepter = Gives a low% slow to his ult. I don't think I would build it until after refresher and shivas, but I think it would give tide something else to build that's interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom