• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artanisix

People in the gaming thread were saying it's like league. Pay to unlock characters.

I've been watching Blizzcon online and they literally said they haven't figured out how to monetize things yet, soo not sure where they're getting that from...

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the route they take, I'm just saying that they haven't gone one way or the other.

Madouu

EG underestimated coL a bit too much, a team with pretty good team play and a lot of experience together, made an easy game a close matter.

I've been watching Blizzcon online and they literally said they haven't figured out how to monetize things yet, soo not sure where they're getting that from...

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the route they take, I'm just saying that they haven't gone one way or the other.

from this I think:

Jason Schreier ‏@jasonschreier 2 hil y a 2 heures
One more Overwatch thing: they haven't mentioned pricing, but I heard they're modeling it after League. F2P, purchasable characters

EG underestimated coL a bit too much, a team with pretty good team play and a lot of experience together, made an easy game a close matter.

from this I think:

Jason Schreier ‏@jasonschreier 2 hil y a 2 heures
One more Overwatch thing: they haven't mentioned pricing, but I heard they're modeling it after League. F2P, purchasable characters

that quote seems very contradictory. Either that or the last bit is just his own words and not theirs.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's from his inside sauce, obviously.

The sauce comes out of his ass.

Sanjay

I'm going to go at 9:15 Saturday morning and pay $6 because I'm a fucking cheapskate. Lucky I was able to get rid of the ticket I had from last night that was $17

What the hell, ticket prices are time related in America?

Also back, film totally delivered and I can't believe this film was 169 mins long, felt like a 90mins film.

abunai

There's no way I am going to sleep after seeing interstellar. Need to calm down by being screamed at by Russians. What a fucking film.

Chris R

What the hell, ticket prices are time related in America?

Also back, film totally delivered and I can't believe this film was 169 mins long, felt like a 90mins film.

Earliest showing is "Early Bird" and around $6. After that is a $10ish ticket. 8pm and above is $13 or more if you go to a bigger screen.

Been playing a game with 200+ ping and 50% packet loss or higher for 30 minutes now. I'm so pissed.

Just lost the game and the lag was so bad I couldn't even see it.

Big Dog

Yikes. Just logged into a match and checked the ping as everyone else loaded. Had 200 ping and 36% packet loss on USE. I quickly dodged the match to save us all the frustration. Thank god for knowing some console commands.
And being a regular peruvian team mate dodger.

Anyone else having crazy lag on us east?

Yes. So I dodged my match.

I thought valve was implementing a system so that if there was a shitton of lag, then game wouldn't be counted? Did that never come to form or what? Perhaps I'm thinking of a different game...

A lot of times if someone dc's within the first five minutes it says "poor network conditions have been detected, mmr won't update blah blah"

yeah, I've had that. But it doesn't really fix the issue of their servers having a seizure. I've calmed down but I don't know if I want to play again until this gets better, tbh. A perfect cocktail of ladder anxiety and being close to my current goal for MMR.

Votes open.

B15EcahCUAAwS98.png:orig

Anony

i didnt get an item when i leveled up
not a big deal, but when you're lvl 228, it's fucking slow and item drops are low

fuck valve

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
i didnt get an item when i leveled up
not a big deal, but when you're lvl 228, it's fucking slow and item drops are low

fuck valve

What if you were supposed to get a set that got removed (read: Ursa) but there's a bug that instead nothing drops in its place?
surprise.gif

Vaporak

I thought valve was implementing a system so that if there was a shitton of lag, then game wouldn't be counted? Did that never come to form or what? Perhaps I'm thinking of a different game...

They did, if you are having trouble connecting to the server. The server having problems is a separate beast all together to tackle.

Chris R

These HOTS teams need to talk to their LoL and Dota conterparts and learn to style up for lan events

Anna soooo purty, geoff stay winning

Anno

So I've been playing a bit of Weaver recently since everyone in dirt tier plays sniper/pudge/PA whatever, basically anyone that doesn't have shit on Weaver. I've been going aqulia->medallion->deso so far, then into butterly/heart depending on the situation. Anything different I should do? No one has a good enough single target disable to warrant Linkens so I go the medallion for some extra kill power and mana sustain.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Bit surprised at how fast the Gold Immortals are dropping in price. I guess people just don't value them that highly. Golden Lamb to the Slaughter is sub $60.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's being intentionally confusing by making the abbreviation "TDM" so you don't know if someone is referring to KDA or the Team Deathmatch game mode.

it's like how lol is called lol just so you don't know if someone is referring to the game or laughing at it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom