• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Soon

iwZjLryjvB0PT.jpg
oh baby

Finally got to my 2800 goal. I'm feeling pretty confident right now. Think I'm figuring out how to actually gain MMR. What heroes, what mentality, what playstyles, etc.

Now I'm gonna play MonHun and watch Halo. GG skywrath that flamed for 45 minutes in broken english.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
why is that even on the workshop and why is it rated so high with nothing being shown.

Its on the workshop because Valve's rules is that you are supposed to put items on the workshop to be rated before they can be put into tournament bundles, to prevent reddit from complaining about how bad they are. A few workshop artists actually pointed out that Dotacinama somehow got their new sets in without them ever being publicly visible on the work shop, but I guess no one cared.

How the hell its getting voted up with nothing but a crappy preview image is beyond me.

atleast the dota cinema sets are okay this time around. the ones last time were kind of lackluster, IMO. Just from that concept art I can tell I'm going to hate this luna set. I just know.

there really isn't much precedent for the release of multiple sets for the same hero aside from Kunkka. I'd expect a staggered release of non-ticket sets.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Play a game of Dota on smurf. Account has 10 games played total, record 1-9. I get into game, not 1 single noob in the game. Everyone is a smurf. Game is higher skill than games I play on my main account. How is this even possible?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Play a game of Dota on smurf. Account has 10 games played total, record 1-9. I get into game, not 1 single noob in the game. Everyone is a smurf. Game is higher skill than games I play on my main account. How is this even possible?

Why do you need a smurf?

Dec

played like an hour long game where everyone had 250ms ping and 60% packet loss...

k so the US East server is just shit according to some dotaping site. 100ms ping and 60% packet loss when the client is in the same state as the server...

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
honestly, are bot games stacked? because they show a level of monomaniacal devotion to hunting you down and killing you when you play against them that they completely lose when you play with them. they'll abandon a kill to wander off when the enemy has like 10hp left, dive past a tower to attack a full hp enemy with 1/4 of their own hp, and getting them to do ANYTHING useful is like herding cats. i watched a barely alive pudge solo a barracks while my two bot teammates tried to push a lane.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
another thing is that the enemy team will ALWAYS work as a single death blob later in the game, while your team will ALWAYS split up, try and push lanes solo, and then individually run into the blob and get instantly melted.

if bots responded to commands, bot games would be 100x better.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
another thing is that the enemy team will ALWAYS work as a single death blob later in the game, while your team will ALWAYS split up, try and push lanes solo, and then individually run into the blob and get instantly melted.

That sounds like a pub game to me so I think the bots are doing their job.

ViviOggi

But they do respond to pings pretty reliably

Shinypogs

I just ping to get the their attention and keep them focused on a task. I do hate when halfway through a gank or Rosh attempt they try and go do something else because some other command has higher priority according to their coding.

Dec

A lot of times pinging just breaks their AI. They just stop what they are doing, walk to where you pinged and stand there. If you pinged something you wanted them to defend or attack they'll walk towards it, see enemies then turn and run away again even if you are there about to go in expecting support.

It's only a problem if you are playing with bots on your team, they work as a team when it's 5 bots on a team but the second there is a player or two in the mix they stop doing anything of value and feed over and over.

It's at it's worst with 3 people. I've played bot games with my wife and a friend that was just starting out and it's really hard to win sometimes against the harder difficulty bots because the bots on your team have died near 20 times and you're in the bot game entirely because the people you're playing with aren't good enough to play with or against random players. 4 people feeding viper bot dozens of kills. Even worse now with Bristle and Riki. In these games I have upward of 30 or 40 kills and sometimes can't win it.

It's also a bit of a shame because in this scenario I always have to play a carry, I can't support or even play a mid that doesn't snowball.

Maybe it's a specific issue that not many people run into, but I do feel like it has made it very hard to convince friends to give the game a real shot when it's them dying over and over until I enable cheats and tell them how to use it. They buy items and actually have fun but have no interest in becoming good enough to farm them effectively themselves.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Also yes bots are the worst. Some bots are just stupidly cheating. I play PL I'm in a sea of my own illusions, Lion just 1 shot ultis me picking me out flawlessly everytime.

They always know where you are all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom