• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamlock

Is there something weird going on with the leave game/abandon system. I was watching my friend's game and he had someone leave, so I checked out their Steam profile and it said they were in Dota 2. I checked their Dota 2 profile and did Watch Game. It took me to a new game where he was selecting his character, when he didn't even get an abandon from the previous game yet?

Edit: Nevermind, looks like a player on my friend's team abanonded first. They just didnt' disconnect.

dmshaposv

Today I learnt broken ass Necrophos becomes totally useless if the enemy team has a aghs AA who keeps spamming ult before and after team fights.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sick silence positioning.

That shit is KILLER.

shira

Pick Ogre, go mid, dominate, get scepter at 12 minutes, lose game :(

Feels bad man :(( :( : ( :)(:)

Mid no gang
Reported
F164F2FCC759D460A67636CC4DD6A4B5B0F1527E

kvk1

I have seen Dendi do some amazing things with a blink dagger on Storm.

Admittedly it's unorthodox for most situations, but it's not overly absurd or neverever viable.

Hylian7

I have seen Dendi do some amazing things with a blink dagger on Storm.

Admittedly it's unorthodox for most situations, but it's not overly absurd or neverever viable.
The Blinkin and Slamming guy did amazing things with Blink AM, that doesn't make it good.

kvk1

The Blinkin and Slamming guy did amazing things with Blink AM, that doesn't make it good.

Like I said, these things would be unorthodox in most situations. But it's also beneficial to push the boundaries of what's "good" every now and then.

If you find a way to make something out of the ordinary work in any given case, it's like finding one more little puzzle piece to the whole game. Something to store in the memory bank for future use to your advantage.

Don't you think there's value in that?

Hylian7

Like I said, these things would be unorthodox in most situations. But it's also beneficial to push the boundaries of what's "good" every now and then.

If you find a way to make something out of the ordinary work in any given case, it's like finding one more little puzzle piece to the whole game. Something to store in the memory bank for future use to your advantage.

Don't you think there's value in that?

No, that is how you lose games. There is fine line between experimenting and pure stupidity. Blink AM and Storm is pure stupidity and if you do it you are either throwing or trolling.

Hylian7

You can't seriously argue that there is some situation where Blink AM is viable (other than for wanting to make "Blinkin and Slammin Part Two: Electric Boogaloo").

That is like saying the game where my team's Shadow Shaman sold all his items for two Bink Daggers, and later selling those for Daedalus is " pushing the boundaries " when the only thing it pushes is the other team into your base.

kvk1

You can't seriously argue that there is some situation where Blink AM is viable (other than for wanting to make "Blinkin and Slammin Part Two: Electric Boogaloo").

That is like saying the game where my team's Shadow Shaman sold all his items for two Bink Daggers, and later selling those for Daedalus is " pushing the boundaries " when the only thing it pushes is the other team into your base.

I was arguing more on the Storm Spirit side of things.

I don't know what the AM thing is you guys are talking about.

Edit: There is experimenting with item progression by delaying a core item for the experimental one, and then there is trolling by selling all your items for a blink dagger. Why does it have to be so black and white?

Haly

Had Medusa go blink in one of my games.

It was surprisingly legit.

Hylian7

I was arguing more on the Storm Spirit side of things.

I don't know what the AM thing you guys are talking about.

Edit: There is experimenting with item progression by delaying a core item for the experimental one, and trolling by selling all your items for a blink dagger. Why does it have to be so black and white?
The same thing goes for Storm anyway.

You blew 2250g on something you can already basically do with zero cool down, and do damage with it. Given how item dependent Storm is, you can't afford to drop the cash on silly items like that when literally any other item is better.

No, I think Europe is a hot mess right now. Old giants fell to pieces, and the new teams have yet to prove them selves. China is sort of sloppy but will shape up fast, and the Americas may actually start meaning something on the global level in 2015 if some of the new teams pan out.

I agree.

Haly

I can see merit in Blink storm, because of how much mana it saves early game, when his pool is his biggest limiting factor.

I wouldn't get it unless I was very drunk, but I probably wouldn't regret it either.

Treads -> Blink -> Play like Puck

Hylian7

I can see merit in Blink storm, because of how much mana it saves early game, when his pool is his biggest limiting factor.

I wouldn't get it unless I was very drunk, but I probably wouldn't regret it either.
And just delay your real items, which is the exact thing he needs?!

Storm needs early items, and Blink is just setting him further back from Orchid/BKB/Linkens/whatever. It simply isn't a viable item on him.

Haly

Honestly? I've built Blink-Dagon Necro for shits and giggles and I think Blink Storm would be better.

Hylian7

hylian remember that time when everyone argued against you because you swore up and down that orb of venom on puck was good
I just want to point out that the only reason that thing started in the first place was because people from here got on my stream and argued with me to get it.

And now people and saying Blink Storm is good, which is a smidge more expensive than OoV.

GorillaJu

Blink Storm sounds fine to me... The mana cost of initiating with ball lightning restricts your ability to chase and escape. Blink is also instant... Only problem is the cost.

Hylian7

Blink Storm sounds fine to me... The mana cost of initiating with ball lightning restricts your ability to chase and escape. Blink is also instant... Only problem is the cost.
The cost is a huge problem. You are supposed to get Orchid around 15 minutes, and buying that paperweight prevents that.

manfestival

That feel when dominating with rubick early game and then I completely fall behind mid game. We won but how do I prevent this? I was like 8-4-4 then I fell way behind in exp

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Honestly? I've built Blink-Dagon Necro for shits and giggles and I think Blink Storm would be better.
But blink Necro is good, Necro is really slow and mobility is great on him.

Matt, any idea if secret would accept an invite to Dreamleauge if given one, they are on that list IceX put out.

But blink Necro is good, Necro is really slow and mobility is great on him.

Matt, any idea if secret would accept an invite to Dreamleauge if given one, they are on that list IceX put out.
They would decline it. Fun fact Cloud9 didn't want to drop out because they thought we would take their spot.

come back to play while WoD servers are down

first game support tusk picked, lose in 5 mins
second game winning, spectre says mouse is broken, disconnect and lose game

I miss you dota 2.

Chris R

Treads -> Blink -> Play like Puck

Unranked drunk games can be pretty fun, don't knock it!

shira

Dear Secret,
We want you to play 30 hours of b03 qualifiers against any dipshit team that wants to sign up. Literally anyone can sign up. So you can come to ourt 2 week LAN which includes all the tier B teams in Russia

(3 weeks later)

Dearest esteemed former TI Champions
Oh you got eliminated and all our teams decided to bail. Will you bail us out of a huge pickle since we aren't making any money off of this Dreamhack. We are kind of screwed and we want to throw money at you.

They would decline it. Fun fact Cloud9 didn't want to drop out because they thought we would take their spot.

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom