• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Na'Vi'U'S' is no longer in The Summit 2 Presented by Beyond The Summit. They were eliminated in the American Qualifiers losers bracket by Leviathan.

Leviathan looks like a promising team for the US, so its not too surprising. Hoping Complexity makes it to the Summit though.

kvk1

I guess having Bruno and James doing the talking to Valve paid off

LDkoGmd.gif

Anno

Wait, EG didnt' lose that last game did they? The game with Universe @ like 18/0/0 @ 20 minutes?

Not even EG can throw that hard. But as someone really trying to learn Weaver this was an awesome game to watch, even if not really representative of the hero in a normal situation.

Not even EG can throw that hard. But as someone really trying to learn Weaver this was an awesome game to watch, even if not really representative of the hero in a normal situation.

Oh okay cool. Yea I walked into Best Buy to buy some shit assuming the game was over. You scared me. Was funny seeing RTZ Drow @ 0/1/0 at 20 minutes. Aura did work but damn...rare to see that little direct contribution from a Drow after 20 minutes.

Anno

Oh okay cool. Yea I walked into Best Buy to buy some shit assuming the game was over. You scared me. Was funny seeing RTZ Drow @ 0/1/0 at 20 minutes. Aura did work but damn...rare to see that little direct contribution from a Drow after 20 minutes.

Yeah he was basically aura bitch. But I think I counted 5 3-5 man Gusts which is pretty cool.

Yeah he was basically aura bitch. But I think I counted 5 3-5 man Gusts which is pretty cool.

good.

nothing frustrates the fuck out of me more than watching pros throw out awful gusts. that ability can single-handedly change a fight if you prioritize getting a good one off before tunnel-visioning kills.

Big Dog

That luna set has some PS2 era Crash Bandicoot quality... which is being generous...

All I want is the D2L void hammer and the Dota Cinema Timbersaw set. Valve can just take my money and place those in my armory whenever they want.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Interesting. I wonder if that means a workshop artiest are giving up 20% of their profits for things like the DC Jugg set or the BTS Chest (Which 20% in exchange for advertisement may not be a bad deal)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What is a tier 1 team these days?

The lineups and performances of everyone are so volatile right now.

I don't even know, I'm just going to call them up and comers since outside of like a half dozen teams, all the old team houses have fallen apart in the last few months. There is EG, C9, Secret, VG, Newbee, and LGD. Things will likely restabilize after Star Ladder 11 in the Europe at least, and things are starting to look up for the Americas.

What is a tier 1 team these days?

The lineups and performances of everyone are so volatile right now.

C9, EG, and VP have been very consistent. EG most specifically. The only times I see them lose a match is when they're running some super-experimental comp. C9 has been playing solid (though not as good as EG), and VP has been beasting.

shira

EHfffHI.png

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/DreamLeague/Season_2/League

Not to horrible, but it feel like Europe and Asia have some of their weaker team attending. Should be a decent tournament.

Not giving them a penny. Don't mind supporting Danidem and picking up the superstar sniper

ohh shiiiit smash going to the summit?!!!!! YO DAMN

They need to win another series if they win this one

Man, all I want from that is the shield. The rest looks rushed, especially the head and neck piece.

agree, it's decent, the rest is hot trash

kvk1

There is EG, C9, Secret, VG, Newbee, and LGD. Things will likely restabilize after Star Ladder 11 in the Europe at least, and things are starting to look up for the Americas.

C9, EG, and VP have been very consistent. EG most specifically. The only times I see them lose a match is when they're running some super-experimental comp. C9 has been playing solid (though not as good as EG), and VP has been beasting.

China, Secret and EG.

Yeah, these are all objectively fair actually.

In my mind I have the scene in more disarray than it is for some reason.

kvk1

that was like a textbook case of tilt

one you can teach in classrooms

from that unnecessary buyback to the throne falling it was one blunder after another

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, these are all objectively fair actually.

In my mind I have the scene in more disarray than it is for some reason.

No, I think Europe is a hot mess right now. Old giants fell to pieces, and the new teams have yet to prove them selves. China is sort of sloppy but will shape up fast, and the Americas may actually start meaning something on the global level in 2015 if some of the new teams pan out.

No, I think Europe is a hot mess right now. Old giants fell to pieces, and the new teams have yet to prove them selves. China is sort of sloppy but will shape up fast, and the Americas may actually start meaning something on the global level in 2015 if some of the new teams pan out.

I actually don't have much more faith in China than EU right now. Outside of C9 and Secret, basically every team is a total mess
(and C9/Secret are only half messy)
. But this isn't untrue in china. Newbee is looking strong. VG is looking strong. Everyone else is looking pretty damn inconsistent. LGD, HGT, and a couple other teams would probably be on similar footing to 4ASC or Tinker, I'd say.

shira

I actually don't have much more faith in China than EU right now. Outside of C9 and Secret, basically every team is a total mess
(and C9/Secret are only half messy)
. But this isn't untrue in china. Newbee is looking strong. VG is looking strong. Everyone else is looking pretty damn inconsistent. LGD, HGT, and a couple other teams would probably be on similar footing to 4ASC or Tinker, I'd say.

If LGD get Mushi and kick Yao their lineup is basically an allstar team that is a solid 3rd in China

Mushi
Sylar
Injuly
MMY
Faith

If LGD get Mushi and kick Yao their lineup is basically an allstar team that is a solid 3rd in China

Mushi
Sylar
Injuly
MMY
Faith

I actually think LGD has insane potential for success, with or without roster swaps. they are the team-to-watch in China right now, for sure. That said, as of this moment they just don't look at all crisp.

**Wait, which team is June on?

KingKong

Definitely. If they were doing TI5 invites right now, I think only Secret and C9 would deserve one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom