• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played lycan for the first time since patch

still broken.

shapeshift move speed effects units? muh gawd

I realize lycan is still stupid strong, but god I hate playing him. Just not pleasant to carry with. Naix is still the most fun melee carry, with honorable mention to PA.

bbd23

I realize lycan is still stupid strong, but god I hate playing him. Just not pleasant to carry with. Naix is still the most fun melee carry, with honorable mention to PA.

Yeah playing PA is so much fun and when you hear those crit sounds come out..beautiful
happytears.gif

sixghost

iP1S5Ho.png

Today in "wtf item choice"!

you better edit this before stevewinwood sees you hating on oov
wait.... valve takes 75% paycut from tournaments? really? 50-50 would be more fair

When you consider that the tournament organizers are running a tournament for a video game that Valve made, are selling their in-game ticket on the storefront/platform that Valve created and built up, and are streaming those games using the in-game spectating features Valve made, I think it seems pretty fair. If the tournament organizers feel it's a shitty deal, they're free to show the tournament exclusively through Twitch or whatever 3rd party streaming service.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know, Valve really does seem to read the Dev Board. There are minor economy issues I report that had been broken for wees/months before, no one comments on it, few dozen views, and yet they do get fixed shortly after.

Like Valve finally fixed Alliance having a broken team logo on old replay's/heroics, something that had been busted for months, a week or two after I make post about it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Those super imposed team flags crack me up. I hope these national dota tournaments pick up again, they are nice to see every now and then.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Geez, LGD and iG got their Visas denied for Dreamhack, they got no breaks.

They are looking for replacements, but I think they really are going have to run though most of their list.

Manus

You guys are crazy. Lycan is like my favorite carry. Nothing more fun than running in killing 3 squishy heroes ult bkb and run out. Rinse and repeat gg. Pretty much how 90% of my Lycan games work out.

Hylian7

What made you think oov was a good idea on Puck in the first place?
Milk suggested it. I am 100% serious. His justification was that it was just like orb walking. Attack > Phase Shift > repeat, if you get a kill it is worth it.

I stupidly fell for the trolling just because he had an argument to back it up.

Hylian7

why does aui think he is day9

also is there a way to disable cosmetics just for private games?

Who cares? I don't see anything wrong with someone giving analytical advice on a game. Even if they aren't the best player ever it is still helpful to see an analysis of a replay from an outside perspective.

I know I have analyzed some replays, that doesn't mean I "think I'm Day9"

You guys are crazy. Lycan is like my favorite carry. Nothing more fun than running in killing 3 squishy heroes ult bkb and run out. Rinse and repeat gg. Pretty much how 90% of my Lycan games work out.

Except hiding inside of a creep and then busting out to blow up the enemy carry. That is WAY more fun.

Acinixys

Watching these MPGL games with SEA teams gives me lots of ideas for item builds I never considered

Ive seen Ember picked a few times, and then almost always go Phase, Drums, Blink/BF, Crit

Blink on Ember makes so much sense when you see it in action

Instead of wasting a remnant/SoF to reach a target you can blink on them and blow them up

Watching these MPGL games with SEA teams gives me lots of ideas for item builds I never considered

Ive seen Ember picked a few times, and then almost always go Phase, Drums, Blink/BF, Crit

Blink on Ember makes so much sense when you see it in action

Instead of wasting a remnant/SoF to reach a target you can blink on them and blow them up

It's similar to Blink on nyx as opposed to dagon. Rather than blowing up one target with a combo...suddenly you're a slippery mofo as blink allows you to be way more versatile in conjunction with your other spells (blink in to engage...vendetta can be used to disengage/re-engage- spiked carapace is now a secondary escape tool.)

It's similar to Blink on nyx as opposed to dagon. Rather than blowing up one target with a combo...suddenly you're a slippery mofo as blink allows you to be way more versatile in conjunction with your other spells (blink in to engage...vendetta can be used to disengage/re-engage- spiked carapace is now a secondary escape tool.)

Blink nyx is GOAT. Seriously, the build is not only amazingly fun, but it is way better than dagon imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom