• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvk1

If the hero has a positive VO response to the purchase of the item, surely it can't be wrong.

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Storm_Spirit_responses#Blink_Dagger

highfive.gif

hylian pls understand

Man Batrider is conceptually such a strong hero, he's virtually unnerfable unless you rework him. Just tweaking numbers has done very little vor his viabilty so far.

gdamn, Warlock is just a ticking GG timer in AP. Hate playing against that hero if you can't end early. Rubick useless pick because he just shift queues into slow and warlock has absurd cast range. Maybe oracle will be a good pick with his purge.

IMO force staff is the best item.

Absolutely. No other item gives you:
  • Initiation
  • Disengage
  • A Dash
  • A Dash for your Teammates
  • A Displacement for Your Opponents

Completely mental.
gdamn, Warlock is just a ticking GG timer in AP. Hate playing against that hero if you can't end early. Rubick useless pick because he just shift queues into slow and warlock has absurd cast range. Maybe oracle will be a good pick with his purge.

Pick a hero with a gap closer that can build defusal. There are quite a few. Also I find he's pretty easy to shut down if you can get T1s relatively early.

Hylian7

i mean it may not synergize the best relative to others

and you may have to play mildly differently than the accepted standard for the hero

but its always good

the problem is not the hero

its the player
You could apply this logic to Rapier Rush.

The problem is with the player choosing to buy the item on heroes it is bad for.

The problem is with the player choosing to buy the item on heroes it is bad for.

But rapier rush ISN'T always good. Heroes with very low base AS can't build rapier really early, because they just don't have the ability to dish out the hurt fast enough.
Heroes that are very squishy can't do rapier rush because they need a way to stay alive.

This is not true of Blink, because literally every hero only benefits from it. There is no hero that doesn't benefit from Blink, and there isn't a hero that is harmed by having Blink.

Here's an easy tell: If you could instantly get a blink, or a rapier, which would you get on more heroes? The answer is going to be blink unless you're completely mental, because rapier has downsides. Blink has absolutely no down side.

Manus

Their draft looks tryhard enough for me to believe they're just getting rekt legitimately.

They way I see it, whatever the fuck you're building on your heroes, if you are winning it's good enough.

This is true and can be even stated with what heroes are drafted. Had a ranked AP game last night where we all got carries. One guy got pissed, but we won every lane and dominated. Most of the time if you are a better player hero and item build sometimes doesn't matter.

no you cant

when is a rapier good on most heroes? plenty of times its not

when is a blink? always

its not even about "delaying core items" or whatever

Hylian7

But rapier rush ISN'T always good. Heroes with very low base AS can't build rapier really early, because they just don't have the ability to dish out the hurt fast enough.
Heroes that are very squishy can't do rapier rush because they need a way to stay alive.

This is not true of Blink, because literally every hero only benefits from it. There is no hero that doesn't benefit from Blink, and there isn't a hero that is harmed by having Blink.

Here's an easy tell: If you could instantly get a blink, or a rapier, which would you get on more heroes? The answer is going to be blink unless you're completely mental, because rapier has downsides. Blink has absolutely no down side.
Blink's downside is that it is 2250g you could put toward something else when you effectively have a Blink already on your hero (AM, QoP, Storm, etc.).

Blink's downside is that it is 2250g you could put toward something else when you effectively have a Blink already on your hero (AM, QoP, Storm, etc.).

Yes, I agree. It's outclassed by many items on many heroes. But it's still really good. Which is what the original point was.

Demoli

Still top tier IMO. But I guess Andymage is better with a little more escapablility.

He is not a bad hero, he has his clear strengths, but if you pick him early you are just gonna get counter picked with loads of early game/ aoe clear to neuter his illusions and to capitalize on his low health.

shira

Are there any "must open" chests?

I have 5 redemption tokens I don't know what to do with.

Trove Cask gives immortals if you don't already have them.
If you just want maximum cash do Alliance chest and sell it.

Everything else is all saturated. So unless you get an RNG rare it's pennies on the dollar.
Or you could wait for an EG chest

inkls

i mean it may not synergize the best relative to others

and you may have to play mildly differently than the accepted standard for the hero

but its always good

the problem is not the hero

its the player

But dp is all about kiting your enemies while your ult is active, the delay + windup for casting on her first two abilities hardly make it worth it. Not to mention you're not getting items to become tankier. Thats an entire slot that provides nothing that dp wants amongst movement speed, int, mana regen, hp, armor.

I don't think the blink make it worth the stats you pass up on. Other mobility items or chasing items do a better job imo and they provide stats (skadi, shiva's, atos, force staff) while not getting to far out of sight of those you're kiting since you want the ghost to damage them.

I see the benefit on storm for example early on with his mana cost, but DP? What does she gains that would make up for an empty stat slot that would make me want to grab it over other items that allow kiting or chasing and give stats?

G.ZZZ

I've already said to my admin we're ok for the game though. You can copypasterino cappuccino al pacino this if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom