• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randdalf

Oddly enough, Pudge has the highest success rate against Techies.

I see people say that all the time when I pick Pudge. Then win and they apologize for doubting me. He is a good hero, just nobody does him right.

It's not that odd that Pudge has such a high success rate against Techies. Flesh Heap is an excellent counter to the damage from Suicide Squad and his mines. Techies is also really slow, so Pudge can get ez hooks on him.

I find it odd TB fell off so hard, since he seems to win in most of the games I see him in. I guess people don't feel like playing him any more since he can no longer get a guaranteed solo kill on a person at level 2.

He ain't easy to play tbh. He got nerfed really hard IMO. I still tend to do really well with him but that's mostly me either jungling or entirely avoiding team fights and using every space my team makes to push towers. His play style is not easy to comprehend and ever since his nerf, his pub winrate went down by like 10% similarly to Troll last year. Also, I feel there are a lot of counters in the game for him.

Legion Commander on the other hand I regard as a stronger hero. TB scales super hard into late game though and one lost team fight leaves your base in ashes.

people really over hyped a lot of the techies baloney

zomg youll never be able to play a game ever againnnn

i wanna find a post i remember making like a year ago saying this is what would happen it'll just come out and people will nod and then move on

Haunted

Windranger needs buffing?

Because he is so tough to do well with. Might as well just pick Batrider who does everything better.

I'm fairly good at Bat I think:

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/54998164

Other than Pudge being more fun, I see very little reason to pick him for competitive purposes when Bat accomplishes the same goals way more efficiently.
Oh hello there. I didn't know you were on GAF as well. :)

people really over hyped a lot of the techies baloney

zomg youll never be able to play a game ever againnnn

i wanna find a post i remember making like 2 years ago saying this is what would happen it'll just come out and people will nod and then move on
Agreed. Sunsfan going all melodramatic in the Dotacinema video "every game henceforth will be known as part of the post-techies era" or some shit. So over the top. :lol

Madouu

I'm convinced, gonna buy dagon on every hero from now on.

To give some context to this, stats were public in hon, this included win%, mmr, kills/deaths/assists average and ratio, average last hits and denies, average gpm/xpm, wards placed and even apm.

gU3FlTT.png

Oh and a bonus clip from the same guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53pB-wxyzqU

My friend is usually a responsible dota citizen. He has Techies as his hero challenge and has last picked him twice. Please help.

Pick tiny and throw him on people. When he asks why you can say it was for your hero challenge.

Hylian7

gif 6.83 (6.82 wont buff WR enuff)

Windranger needs buffing?

Oh hello there. I didn't know you were on GAF as well. :)

Agreed. Sunsfan going all melodramatic in the Dotacinema video "every game henceforth will be known as part of the post-techies era" or some shit. So over the top. :lol
I'm telling you: Make Shackleshot targetable on trees. Instant WR buff.

PM me IceFrog
CyborgMatt
and I'll tell you where to send the check.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Shackling trees doesn't really make sense, does it? How often is a tree directly between WR and her target?

Hylian7

Shackling trees doesn't really make sense, does it? How often is a tree directly between WR and her target?
When they are juking you in the jungle.

When they hide behind one of those trees to the right of radiant top t1.

The random trees that dot the bases, especially near the rax.

Tinker, enough said.

So lots of times.

Also it would be where it shackles tree to unit, not tree to tree.

Haly

But it's very difficult to juke WR because of Powershot anyway, she doesn't need any more anti-juking tools. This isn't her weakness.

inkls

To give some context to this, stats were public in hon, this included win%, mmr, kills/deaths/assists average and ratio, average last hits and denies, average gpm/xpm, wards placed and even apm.

huh, thats funny. I was about to say that dota had the same thing except its voluntary, but then I noticed dotabuff only lists kda average for individual heroes.

Those stats look very carry centric apart from the ward placed one.

Hylian7

But it's very difficult to juke WR because of Powershot anyway, she doesn't need any more anti-juking tools. This isn't her weakness.
So then it won't hurt for IceFrog to do that then?

Also Powershot takes time, and mana, even of you don't do the full damage. Depending on what you are after, you may not have time for that.

Haly

It wouldn't "hurt", I guess, but it won't come close to bringing her up to par with Mirana.

TUSR

Banned

between jungle and off/safe lanes

but its still silly. it would be a nice addition for situations but it still doesnt really fix her.

Hylian7

Another point, Powershot kills trees, which means killing your potential stun. Being able to just Shackle them would be so much more efficient.

So then it won't hurt for IceFrog to do that then?

Also Powershot takes time, and mana, even of you don't do the full damage. Depending on what you are after, you may not have time for that.
If your entire goal is stop them from juking into trees a .1 second power shot does it better than targeting trees ever would... cause then there are no trees!

Hylian7

If your entire goal is stop them from juking into trees a .1 second power shot does it better than targeting trees ever would... cause then there are no trees!
And then they get away because you couldn't stun them because you killed all the trees.

Juking argument aside, it would be great for going uphill as the defending team will use those trees for cover.

Pratfall

I think shackle needs to do a small amount of damage and scale differently. They can take duration off the top end to make an unsuccessful shackle less garbage.

Kade

Make Shackleshot a target area spell that shackles a hero to a random unit or tree in the same arc behind the hero but then you can't do cool creep shackles so nvm

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Doesn't icefrog mostly balance around buffing strengths? Maybe make her an even better anti juke hero.

windranger belongs in leeg

stun, skill shot, escape mechanism, random ult
Isn't the "Generic league ult" normally big aoe damage spell?

Off topic, but for an assignment, I got 3% off for not citing a figure well enough (A MLA citation with a full bibliography like the rest of the assignment isn't good enough?), but 0% off for just skipping a question. I feel the grader isn't very good at his job.

And now your argument has come down to "ur stupid"
no i just dont think it does anything outside of a few youtube videos that fromua will post about rtz streaming or something

even the boring old at level 4 you can shackle 3 people thing has an actual impact to the hero

Kade

Was it a TA (teaching assistant)? They're usually stupid.

Once I figured them out, I emailed my prof to request the she mark my work for this reason. I didn't notice an increase in my grades but I wasn't losing any marks for dumb shit anymore.

TUSR

Banned
Off topic, but for an assignment, I got 3% off for not citing a figure well enough (A MLA citation with a full bibliography like the rest of the assignment isn't good enough?), but 0% off for just skipping a question. I feel the grader isn't very good at his job.

was your in text citation proper?

her skill shot has width, thus making it effective over an area. AoE skillshot.
whatever

Hylian7

no i just dont think it does anything outside of a few youtube videos that fromua will post about rtz streaming or something

even the boring old at level 4 you can shackle 3 people thing has an actual impact to the hero
So then there is no reason not to have that then if it will have little impact? It really happens where they go behind a tree lining up for ez shackle.

I was actually about to suggest the Wraith Night-esque thing for SS too.

Haly

Doesn't icefrog mostly balance around buffing strengths? Maybe make her an even better anti juke hero.

Well that's her problem right? She has no clear strengths. (No, anti-juke is not a strength!)

Good attack animation, good damage projection, mobility, stun. But her complete package just lacks that something that puts her over the top like Mirana, or Dark Seer.

I think Focus Fire needs to be a lot better or totally reworked so it brings the team more utility.

Ketch

guys, I hate it when you fight.

it's not that hard of a problem. Just slightly increase the stun time when it doesn't shackle to anything each patch until she gets picked all the time.... it's just like they reduced the minimum range stun time on Mirana arrow except the opposite. Increase the minimum stun time on shackle. problem solved.

TUSR

Banned
guys, I hate it when you fight.

it's not that hard of a problem. Just slightly increase the stun time when it doesn't shackle to anything each patch until she gets picked all the time.... it's just like they reduced the minimum range stun time on Mirana arrow except the opposite. Increase the minimum stun time on shackle. problem solved.

ya but thats not her problem tho

Haly

Maybe if Focus Fire worked like DP's ult and she just automatically pewpewpew'd regardless of what she's doing, and you could control what she's attacking with AA commands.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
i always have to cite in the standard the most used journal in that field uses

i havent used mla in years
My assignment just had a line at the very end saying to cite our sources, didn't give a specific format. Word now has a built in citation manager, so I just used it. I'm pretty sure I should have gotten more off for skipping an entire part, but it's a silly assignment anyway.

For WR, I think they really should make wind run better. Maybe make her ult do an atos like slow on the target.

KingKong

^ agreed, make windrun a good spell, like make it 5 second at all levels and scale with mana and give it pathing or flying

it's so bad at level 1

Haly

Make it dodge all projectiles, magic or otherwise.

Volodja

Being able to target trees with shackle would make it harder to target a person while he is juking in the trees, which is when you have very little time to target properly.
For reference, try to give a tango to somebody that is sitting in the trees.
I mean you could give a different targeting priority I suppose, but the difficulty would still exist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom