• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

10.9 meg update for me, where are you guys getting 2 gigs from?

Edit: Oh, it's 2 gigs if you have the workshop tools installed.

FACE

Banned
Why is DOTA downloading a 2GB update

I was going to ask the very same question.

Because you have the workshop tools installed.

Changelog:

Multiple Team Support
Added support for multiple teams (up to 10) and a multiple team custom game example
Bug fixes and updates
Fixed particle system using sprite trails where trail tint color would be applied to the wrong end
Added option to specify if particle rendering operators should saturate the color to white before applying alpha blending
Fixed exit crash when running with -tools
Reduced memory usage when running custom game modes and tools
Reduced CPU usage while playing custom games
Improved interpolation of cloth in high latency and packet loss situations
Fixed portraits not moving mouths when speaking lines
Fixed FBX animation files not compiling animation if there was also geometry in the file
Fixed material remapping and handling backslash as a path separator for a material resource
Fixed duplicate NPC units list in Hammer when using the reload FGD feature
Fixed Hammer crash when attempting to open or close a map file while loading another map
Fixed video settings not being applied properly
Added "StartTouch" output for func_physbox that fires if "touchoutputperentitydelay" greater than 0 seconds
Additional methods have been exposed or added to the scripting system StartSoundEventFromPosition() GiveXP() GiveGold() SetCustomGameEndDelay() SetCustomVictoryMessageDuration() SetCustomHealthLabel() allowing custom labels to be drawn above the health bar ShowCustomHeaderMessage() to display custom header messages similar to first blood or kill streak notices
Added team name support to GameRules:SendCustomMessage() as "%s3"
Added script bindings for UTIL_MessageTextAll/UTIL_MessageTextAll_WithContext
Added SetHideKillMessageHeaders() to hide kill streak and first blood messages
Added "entindex" key to player spawn game event
Added "dota_team_kill_credit" game event
Added 'HideKillMessageHeaders' game event
Added "GrantXPGold" action to data driven abilities with XPAmount:integer, GoldAmount:integer, ReliableGold:boolean, and SplitEvenly:boolean as key value pairs.
Fixed neutral camp prefab to not need unique name

Workshop Tools Update
Here are some of the changes from what I can make out. Cannot confirm these just yet. Give me sometime.
Support for 32bit systems and DirectX 9 has been added!
Multiple teams are now a possibility in the tools. Implying more than 2.
A bug reporter tool has been added.
Some new custom map templates for arena based gameplay, 4 lane gameplay and etc has been added.
Other Updates
There's a few Kb of changes to the main depot too but I will need to download the files first to know the changes.

Thanks to void guy from reddit.

bbd23

so my friends with crappy PC's can finally play invoker wars with me? yay
happytears.gif

4BA029FB88DA29D1B646D97818C2B613265B6985

they added a lot of stuff for the custom games so you dont have to jerry rig it as much anymore and more straight forward thats good

but still ded game valve no contenterino

Vaporak

Hey did anyone else order the Team Liquid Windrunner shirt in here? I'm asking because mine just came, but so did a second separate package still addressed to me of what appears to be an additional shirt order.

Kade

Hey did anyone else order the Team Liquid Windrunner shirt in here? I'm asking because mine just came, but so did a second separate package still addressed to me of what appears to be an additional shirt order.

GIVE ME THE SECOND CODE IF THERE IS ONE

Chris R

I ordered a shirt. I will let you know when mine arrives. No tracking number in the confirmation email :(

Haunted

At least Abyssal Underlord already has a WIP model. Arc Warden is just concept art at this point and I've seen nothing of Oracle and Winter Wyvern yet.

KOTL pls

At least Abyssal Underlord already has a WIP model. Arc Warden is just concept art at this point and I've seen nothing of Oracle and Winter Wyvern yet.
Oracle had early textures so he must have a model for it. Or at least had a model. Never know if they'll scrap something and redo it like Medusa.

Watcher

Im looking for some new buds to regularly play dota with. Professional 3k mmr scrub here. I usually play around midnight PST till whenever

My dota friend ID is 117396224

All hero challenge Invoker win DONE

EvZX2ew.png

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/899505489

Shoutouts to Pratfall for going ham on juggernaut and Hupsel for completely dotting the map with sentries thus making weaver's, sb sniper's and sb alchemist's life hell.

EDIT: Also that game was my 200th overall win, it was meant to be.

Congrats! And you went QE, the manly invoker build.

Other than WE of course.

Im looking for some new buds to regularly play dota with. Professional 3k mmr scrub here. I usually play around midnight PST till whenever

My dota friend ID is 117396224
friend me and ill spam you invites endlessly

Mohasus

Server crashed when there were just 2 guys left (ARDM) on the other team again. Thanks frog, I didn't want to carry those assholes anyway.

bounchfx

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Are you sure combing all the sets into one submission is ok? Did you just hide the other ones? Any custom particles? And I am not a fan of the Lunar Blessing icon being so different from the normal one.

bounchfx

Are you sure combing all the sets into one submission is ok? Did you just hide the other ones? Any custom particles? And I am not a fan of the Lunar Blessing icon being so different from the normal one.

The others are simply hidden. I don't know if it's 'OK'. All I know is the workshop is a complete mess and someone needs to take a chance to try to make it more orderly, hence..

There are custom particles, it's the first thing you see after you click the link ;)

and yeah, I'm a bit worried about Lunar blessing being so different but they told me some other icons had been changed a bunch in the past so they thought it was OK. Worst case scenario we remake that one, but I agree with you, I wish it was a bit closer to default.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The others are simply hidden. I don't know if it's 'OK'. All I know is the workshop is a complete mess and someone needs to take a chance to try to make it more orderly, hence..

There are custom particles, it's the first thing you see after you click the link ;)

and yeah, I'm a bit worried about Lunar blessing being so different but they told me some other icons had been changed a bunch in the past so they thought it was OK. Worst case scenario we remake that one, but I agree with you, I wish it was a bit closer to default.

Ah ok, I see that the one pictures says custom spell effects, I'm used to the badly compressed gifs showing them off.

Did it ever cross your mind to try and change the textures for her eyes so they would match your new Eclipse Icon?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
yeah there's actually another video here that shows off all the effects: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WiK5NZ056Q

and unfortunately no, we can't change the base model at all :\

If Dotacinama can submit new ultimates, you can submit new base textures!

Also, finally having a chance to view that Dota Cinema Ult Chest, I feel its a mixed bag. For the Tide Hunter and Venomancer ults, I honestly feel the ones Chemical Alia should be implemented as the new defaults, the new tide hunter one looks far better. The other 3 I don't really like for different reasons. I don't like the addition of the orange color to the new blackhole but feel it overall is nice, the Queen of Pain ult looks like crypt swarm (And I think should just be retooled to be a crypt swarm effect), and I dislike the model they made for the new Ghost Ship.

Oh, this courier on the workshop is cool:
637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=313894679&searchtext=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom