• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeth

Aren't you a moonmeander fan?

crazy.gif

SunMeander

Zai god on Empire/C9 cast

Kade

15 days since last match. Blood pressure at all time low. Withdrawal symptoms getting worse. I've bookmarked the Bastion announcer saying "Nobody likes to play support, yet everybody likes to win" sound to remind myself of what I'm missing. Something to keep me strong; Something to keep me going. Waiting for this RMA to go through so I can get my money back and buy a video card that'll fit in my computer case. Feels like forever ago...

Feeling:
sick.gif

Wok

Phantom Lancer is a decent offlaner, at least in pubs. With a few points, his Doppelganger costs very little mana.

Chris R

It's Intel but Dota 2 runs at ~20 FPS with everything at its lowest.

Which CPU do you have? I had to go to Intel's site to download a driver for the on chip GPU when I had to RMA. Without the driver certain games would run but have TERRIBLE fps, while others wouldn't even start. With the Driver I at least got 30 FPS on low settings at 1080p (3770k or whatever)

Kade

Which CPU do you have? I had to go to Intel's site to download a driver for the on chip GPU when I had to RMA. Without the driver certain games would run but have TERRIBLE fps, while others wouldn't even start. With the Driver I at least got 30 FPS on low settings at 1080p (3770k or whatever)

Intel Core i5 4690K. I have the latest driver but when a fight involving more than 2 heroes happens it gets reaaaaallly bad.

sixghost

Are there just less kills in general in league? This match I'm watching is 2-1 15 minutes in. How are you supposed to kill anyone when every hero has a blink dagger.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Are there just less kills in general in league? This match I'm watching is 2-1 15 minutes in. How are you supposed to kill anyone when every hero has a blink dagger.

EU/NA League = China Dota 2 (pre-TI2)
Korea League = EU Dota 2

inkls

I don't follow, isn't this just how dota works? I'm not saying he's game breaking, just that I don't really see what his weaknesses are. Great abilities, tanky, high damage output. You contested that he only gets tanky when he's being fed, but unless I misunderstand the meaning of the word fed here he wasn't being fed in that game but was still one of the tankiest heroes.

I tried searching for your posts but I couldn't find them, but I'd like to read them. I'm incredibly new to the game so I'm probably wrong, but I'd like top at least know why.

Oh. For weaknesses:
-Poor early game contribution (290 base ms, 0.56 armor with 644 hp) He's easy to kill early.
-Horrible agility gain (the lowest in the game I think). So he'll have poor ehp if you don't get armor. Sure he can hit like a brick, but a very slow brick. He gets outcarried pretty easily if he falls behind.
-Really mana dependent. Ex: at level 6 he has 305 base mana. Devour costs 60, scorched earth costs 60/65/70 mana, and Doom will cost 150 mana. So unless you don't spam devour every 70/60/50/40 seconds for that extra gold you won't be at least 75% mana for teamfights. Just one teamfight would get doom and scorched earth cast will cost 210-220 mana. Thats 68% of his mana pool and I'm not even including the 110 mana for Lvl? Death.

You won't be able to regen that amount spent by the time doom is off cooldown unless you get arcanes, but then you'll lack the armor tranq would give you.

Thats the thing with Doom, you can be tanky and do lots of damage by buying str or carry items, but your mana pool will be crap and you'll hit extremely slowly. You can get attack speed and str items and again you'll have mana problems. You can go wizard doom (shiva's, aghs, refresher) but then your right-click will be lacking.

Thing with Doom is that hes great at taking out ONE hero (two with refresher) out of a fight which is only good if you need your abilities for mobility (puck, Anti-Mage, Qop), for sustained damage or when they are on a low cooldown (timbersaw, storm spirit). But he's crap against a team with multiple cores and who only need to burst once during a fight (ex: dp, Razor, sandking, Earthshaker, etc.)

You want to prevent him from balling out of control? Gank him, he really isn't strong early game and right-clicks really hurt him. Buy a linken's to block Doom or Lvl? Death if he's smart (which will give you a heads up to escape). Armor reduction destroys him and so do crits. From experience lycan is a pain. Try baiting the Doom on either illusions, other teammates, or yourself if you have aegis. If you're vulnerable to doom, don't initiate a teamfight and wait for him to use it on someone else.

Pipe of insight's active blocks the damage over time of Doom so teammates with it can save you. Unless he has aghs he won't be able to kill off any tanky hero such as bristleback, tusk or chaos knight.

Otherwise you need to rely on your team to keep you alive when Doomed. His greatest weakness is too much choice. If he needs to Doom 3 heroes on your team to win a teamfight then you'll probably win because your team will still be effective.

Quesa

omni's op as fuck I win 80 percent of the time with his ass

also they couldn't render ice climbers on the 3ds because it meant potentially rendering eight characters on screen and thats why they didn't make it to the new one

this is bullshit

you also said omniknight was op.
and its true
how do you even skill pa

max dagger then blink or evasion?
max dagger, blink if you're going early game let's kill shit greedy basher/helm

evasion maxing is what is "safer" and what more people do nowadays to maximize the "evasion window" (still one point in blink for escaping or chasing)

you dont even really have to max dagger shes super flexible

same with her items there is a long list of viable item builds including dumb fun stuff like halbard (youll almost always want a bkb though unless youre mega snowballing)

she has everything built into her kit: tank, attack speed, attack damage, escape, gap closer, waifu, slow

shes one skill shot away from being a perfect leeg champ

kvk1

Just had the dopiest Invoker game.

Went QE build when I should've gone QW.

But for some reason I still itemized for QW.

Couldn't rotate to any of the lanes for the benefit of the team.

My entire contribution to the match included one sunstrike assist and killing the opposition while they were farming our fountain by staffing them in and slowing them with ghost walk.

Basically, I played Invoker.

inkls

omni's op as fuck I win 80 percent of the time with his ass

also they couldn't render ice climbers on the 3ds because it meant potentially rendering eight characters on screen and thats why they didn't make it to the new one

this is bullshit

Yep. Omni is basically broken. I've got an 80% win rate with the hero, and I'm terrible. When nobody on your team dies it's pretty easy to win.

I sense a pattern here.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Navi and Alliance no longer have 5 good players between them.

Kappa.

Quesa

I sense a pattern here.

the more I play him the more I think he has a role in every lane

offlane -- shit on carry/lh with q and get teamfights going with the xp from off. Hard to gank because of his toolkit. Can walk up and get last hits without too much fear honestly

mid -- won't get super farmed, but can shit on the enemy mid and prevent them from getting too ahead . Rotation ganks are easier with degen aura to slow them down as well

safe -- his support role is pretty well-defined at this point. Maybe not the best carry but a farmed omni is no joke.

He's good early, and good late. Ulti can be purged and bs can shit on him hard, but I think the cast delay on his q and being unable to heal through w might be what's keeping him from seeing more pro play. In pubs? Domination.

I like the new Na'vi :/

it's ok to like things that aren't good

Wow, urn + stick Spectre is actually really good

Their carry alch wandering around in the jungle all game didn't help either, in terms of teamfight contribution or not dying to desolate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom