• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

make it so i dont face haly hed probs beat me

I always thought people want to play better players to get better.
facepalm.gif

Sibylus

Banned
*hugs*

we were here before these bandwagoners, and we'll be here after they leave.

good sir, I would never abandon my baby for a hero as boring as Ashe. I don't even have her Valentine's Day skin...and I'm a Valentine's Day baby. That's how much I dislike her!
Just looked up Ashe on the leeg wiki after all these years, and damn... she's basically just as I remember her. It's as though the designers were tasked with a Drow remake they weren't at all motivated to do, and wound up making a pale imitation not even half as strong or interesting to play. Gust replacing the old silence just kinda seals how stark the difference is. One is a castoff and the other a good hero.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
IDK I think it'll be more on LH mechanics and creep manipulation with the 700 attack range tbh.

Get a value stout shield that 10 damage is 33% of AA's Kappa
Level Stun so you can LH better

Hylian7

IDK I think it'll be more on LH mechanics and creep manipulation with the 700 attack range tbh.

Why do that when you can just take 2-3 LH with a mine?

shira

Suicide level 1. Boots/smoke/inviz rune gg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It's the same as in TF2, the item could be an erect penis hat and people would value it as long as it was rare.

It has to also be perceived as rare, and needs a demand, these are important aspects. There are items in the game that are actually rare but aren't valued very highly. Like the Oblivion Headmaster Wand, a Tournament item that can't be obtained anymore and one of the rarest items in the game, is 8 times rarer then the Rotten Stache, a chest item that also dropped for a while, but the Rotten Stache is worth 4 times more.

Or for another example, Chen's Buttercup is just a rare as the Rotten Stache, but the Rotten Stache is worth 100 times more (Buttercup is worth $.60, Rotten Stache is $60+)

aight

LOL Navi bunduru
unnamed(5).jpg

Loading screen
Ward
HUD
I think that will get in. The ward is a bit silly look, but its not really "bad. I actually like the hud.

Can you still win the 1v1 with tower pushing? To me it sounded like the best way to actually close out the game, but the rules don't have it anymore.

Also, something interesting I recently saw, the heal from multiple tranquil boots stack. So you could buy 2 or 3 and get some really cheap healing. I could see it being viable on the likes of Centaur, Pudge, Wisp, maybe Phoenix. I could see it potentially being really good on wisp.

shira

Can you still win the 1v1 with tower pushing? To me it sounded like the best way to actually close out the game, but the rules don't have it anymore.

Yeah, you can tower push for win. I just think that would be the hardest win because you can just mine your own tower

Ketch

Are you supposed to split push with terroblade like phantom lancer? or what? We won, but my split push was not as effective as just showing up to fights and providing lots of damage.

Mohasus

Are you supposed to split push with terroblade like phantom lancer? or what? We won, but my split push was not as effective as just showing up to fights and providing lots of damage.

Yes, you can fucking melt towers with metamorphosis and 3 illusions.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Terrorblade (alone) will win 99% of base races unless the enemy team has lycan, shadow shaman, pugna, jakiro, and tiny; and even then he'll give them a run for their money. Meta + Manta + two conjured images = towers literally die in 3 seconds, raxx in 5 seconds. You can probably take an entire base in under 20 seconds, a throne in 25.

abunai

If you type -ping you'll probably see some packet loss. May be your connection, may be the servers (in my experience it's mostly the latter).

Yesterday I was disconnected from a game and I couldn't reconnect until I restarted the game. The mysteries of dota.

Late reply..
Nah, ping's always under 80 and no choke or loss. Which is what makes it strange, haha.

I'm missing a balance patch really bad. Can't stand playing against Void, Tinker, Razor, Skywrath, Brewmaster, Doom and all that garbage over and over again. I barely play these days just due to how stale even the pub meta has become. :/

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I'm missing a balance patch really bad. Can't stand playing against Void, Tinker, Razor, Skywrath, Brewmaster, Doom and all that garbage over and over again. I barely play these days just due to how stale even the pub meta has become. :/

Yep. Think everyone is tired of this patch. 6.82 better come out in the next week or two cause I can't wait til diretide, that's way too fucking long.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
help dfjgklsdfgsdfg

i screamed

but i mean...doom would be good EVEN if it only disabled your abilities and items and went through BKB, but it disables them and deals DOT

and on top of that he can be ridiculously tanky

and he hits like a ton of bricks, amplified by eating the wolf that gives him a chance to crit

i don't really see why they gave a hero with some of the best abilities in the game the ability to also be ridiculously hard to kill and also hit ridiculously hard to boot

inkls

but i mean...doom would be good EVEN if it only disabled your abilities and items and went through BKB, but it disables them and deals DOT

and he hits like a ton of bricks, amplified by eating the wolf that gives him a chance to crit

i don't really see why they gave a hero with some of the best abilities in the game the ability to also be ridiculously hard to kill and also hit ridiculously hard to boot

You know what, I was going to write a paragraph again about Doom but I'm tired of arguing this, just go play Doom for a couple of games.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
You know what, I was going to write a paragraph again about Doom but I'm tired of arguing this, just go play Doom for a couple of games.

if you think that i'm going to collect evidence for my unfounded assertions you've got another thing coming

Hylian7

He really isn't that hard to kill...

doom sucks

I wouldn't say this either, after all the pros STILL pick him. Turns out removing someone from an entire team fight is a good thing.

I kind of think Mek will get nerfed. Off the top of my head, three cores on the current meta commonly build it: Razor, Viper, and Doom. It may be a "slap on the wrist" nerf like raising the recipe price to 1000, but I'm sure it will get something.

inkls

if you think that i'm going to collect evidence for my unfounded assertions you've got another thing coming

Then why make them in the first place? Doom is my most played hero, if you want to know whats good vs him feel free to ask. But heck, if there's one thing he isn't unless fed, its being tanky (base 0.54 armor with 0.9 agi gain).

Hylian7

Another random note, I also got that Pudge hook bottle opener yesterday with my Demiheroes. That thing is surprisingly large and surprisingly high quality. I can definitely see why it was $15 now.

Nirvana

aight

LOL Navi bunduru
unnamed(5).jpg

Loading screen
Ward
HUD

All of those things actually look pretty good. The loading screen is sick, the ward is a bit weird but at least original and the HUD is actually really understated and well implemented. Pretty surprising since a lot of Na'Vi stuff on the market is garish as fuck, not to mention their awful twitch overlays...

Techies early game vs techies late game

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/903629262

I dunno, watching Waga at least proved to me that he's really good at stalling pushes if you know what you're doing. It seems that Techies is a hero that really needs to keep up with farm though. In the late game you basically need like, Aghs, Euls/Force, Sheep to be useful in team fights. The hero just doesn't have any range or any lock down to be useful in offensive play. If you wanted a teamfight techies you'd likely have to get a blink dagger and just splode people. He's decent in skirmishes, because you can lay mines in common retreat routes and set fights up to get kills that way, but when it comes to highground push he's pretty useless.

FtHTiny

On the fourth hero and already annoyed at the all-hero challange. Won the game but got the "due to heavy load bla bla" at the end. Win didn´t count even after it showed up in the history and i got my points.
Was so happy to be done with earth spirit. t.t

Ketch

Terrorblade (alone) will win 99% of base races unless the enemy team has lycan, shadow shaman, pugna, jakiro, and tiny; and even then he'll give them a run for their money. Meta + Manta + two conjured images = towers literally die in 3 seconds, raxx in 5 seconds. You can probably take an entire base in under 20 seconds, a throne in 25.

I should have bought two mantas? I went drums -> manta -> skadi. But felt like my illusions didn't last long enough (like they timed out) to be effective at split pushing unless I was in the lane and then that's kind of dangerous a lot of the time.

I don't know, I'm not a big terrorblade fan, but I'd still like to know how to properly play him.

for the folks who just bought Demi heroes, how is the quality? The ones I saw from TI had lots of small defects and I was a little disappointed.

Pratfall

bottom was dropping out of the rainmaker market fast. Tried to sell it at 100, settled for selling it for 85. Still made money on the deal and got a free shitty tshirt!

I should have bought two mantas? I went drums -> manta -> skadi. But felt like my illusions didn't last long enough (like they timed out) to be effective at split pushing unless I was in the lane and then that's kind of dangerous a lot of the time.

I don't know, I'm not a big terrorblade fan, but I'd still like to know how to properly play him.

meta = metamorphosis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom