• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have bought two mantas? I went drums -> manta -> skadi. But felt like my illusions didn't last long enough (like they timed out) to be effective at split pushing unless I was in the lane and then that's kind of dangerous a lot of the time.

I don't know, I'm not a big terrorblade fan, but I'd still like to know how to properly play him.

No, not two mantas. One manta and use your ability to summon two more illusion, then you should have five with morph. It should melt towers.

Razzer

I saw the video earlier, but I'm still kinda confused. Is it Magnus's 0.8 turn rate that allows him to turn around so quickly? Or is there more to it?

No trick, you just gotta have amazing reactions it seems. Notice how he attempts it later and has to double back when he notices he wasn't fast enough.

Ketch

bottom was dropping out of the rainmaker market fast. Tried to sell it at 100, settled for selling it for 85. Still made money on the deal and got a free shitty tshirt!

meta = metamorphosis

facepalm.gif
I can't read it's too early. I literally thought it said manta + manta. I'm gonna finish my coffee now.

Hupsel

I hope they change something on Luna. The damn casting animation before eclipse and lucent beam. It sucks. I lose almost one second waiting for her to point toward the sky. Lost so many kills and got stunned this way.
And still think Eclipse cooldown is way too high

inkls

iz true, I have a page worth of posts on Doom, but if people didn't read those, why write more? I mean, I know I lack knowledge in many dota related areas.

Unrelated but, what are the chances of illusion carries being viable for a while? Everytime I look at it I just think it would take a few weeks max before heroes like earthshaker and OD become popular and wreck them.

Nirvana

Sir Action Slacks is going to be an official interviewer at ESL One NY. He's going up in the world!

I'm really on the fence with Slacks. On the one hand, he makes some mildly funny videos and seems like a pretty nice guy, on the other hand he can be really fucking obnoxious and annoying.

I can't really see him as a legitimate interviewer. He got to interview Dendi for TI4 and just asked dumb questions like 'what are my chances of getting on Na'Vi' and then just literally yelled random shit at the camera. I think he needs to find some sort of balance before he's worth hiring by anyone...

EDIT: Seems like he has already expected people to react like I have: "If you are concerned that I might be a little too off the wall for this I assure you that you are correct. Nah but realize that everything I have released so far has been to my own standards of stupidity and I will be a bit more controlled here (most likely not cursing like a sailor or screeching like a wounded animal)" Well if he can reign it in a bit then I think he could be work, and he seems to understand people's concerns pretty well. Good for him!

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i'm watching through TI4 at the moment and there's a doom in this game (LGD vs Liquid) that has the highest armour in the game [edit] and i think highest hp [/edit] and only two kills

'only tanky if he's being fed'? please someone explain why this isn't right?

[edit again] oh no dragon night has higher hp by 300

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If anything PA just needs like one more nudge to be a really viable pick. Ether an item she buys gets buffed or a minor stat boost.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Trasparency guys, transparency.

Would be the buff she needs.

shira

Pyrion and Action Slacks at ESL

Pyrion + Redeye have potential to be hilarious.

Yeah if brit humor is your thing.

NVIDIA GAME 24 tournament
The first two series of the tournament were pre-recorded, and the video of the games and cast will be streamed live at the times found below - Why? Basically, to better accommodate the players. The spirit of Game24 is that of a day-long marathon celebration of PC gaming in all of its forms, and we're happy to be the people who get to make Dota a part of that. With that said, the players were, as you can imagine, less than thrilled with the idea of playing a Bo5 in the middle of the night on a Thursday night/Friday morning, let alone one with thousands of dollars on the line. So, as a compromise, we were able to arrange that all four teams play out their first series earlier this week with Tralf and I casting, and we'll be running those VODs live at the scheduled times. The Grand Finals, however, will still be played out live at the scheduled time.

Oh Aysee you done fucked up. Nobody wanna watch pre-played games
facepalm.gif

Her ulti should give her a boost in attack speed every time she crits. More crits!
Also SB needs rework, he's completely useless in cm.

Haunted

Pyrion and Action Slacks at ESL

Pyrion + Redeye have potential to be hilarious.
Pyrion and Redeye are the right kind of fatherly authority figures to reign in a young gun like Action Slacks in so he doesn't cross over into obnoxious territory.

Chris R

Sir Action Slacks moving up in the world. Just seems like yesterday when he was talking with some of us on the side of a road in Seattle lichCry.gif

Zeth

Pyrion and Redeye are the right kind of fatherly authority figures to reign in a young gun like Action Slacks in so he doesn't cross over into obnoxious territory.

Slacks is listed as an interviewer, the rest are at the desk. But I agree - Slacks is one of the most obnoxious personalities I've seen. His most bearable appearances have been streams with Pyrion who can prevent him from acting like a total turd.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
i remember when sir action slacks put up a gimme money campaign and actually got thousands of dollars for a free computer and a free TI ticket.

i was mad jelly

inkls

i'm watching through TI4 at the moment and there's a doom in this game (LGD vs Liquid) that has the highest armour in the game [edit] and i think highest hp [/edit] and only two kills

'only tanky if he's being fed'? please someone explain why this isn't right?

[edit again] oh no dragon night has higher hp by 300

40 armor after 25 min with the 3rd highest last hits and the 2nd highest gpm, 2nd highest total gold and he was 3/0/11. Only bought armor items, how was he not ahead here?

parasight

Slacks is a really nice guy having bumped into him a few times at TI4 - really good with fans. But his onscreen personality really irritates me. Anytime he starts hamming it up, I cringe. Not my type of comedy - I wouldn't really even compare him to Pyrion (who I do like). Happy for him, but will be tuning out whenever he's on stream.

I knew Slacks before he was cool :hipster:

No seriously, he used to be a pretty prolific poster on Steam's official TF2 forums. That's when I met him like 3 years ago.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
40 armor after 25 min with the 3rd highest last hits and the 2nd highest gpm, 2nd highest total gold and he was 3/0/11. Only bought armor items, how was he not ahead here?
I don't follow, isn't this just how dota works? I'm not saying he's game breaking, just that I don't really see what his weaknesses are. Great abilities, tanky, high damage output. You contested that he only gets tanky when he's being fed, but unless I misunderstand the meaning of the word fed here he wasn't being fed in that game but was still one of the tankiest heroes.

I tried searching for your posts but I couldn't find them, but I'd like to read them. I'm incredibly new to the game so I'm probably wrong, but I'd like top at least know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom