• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixghost

Hylian do you ever watch your replays and actually figure out things you could have done better, or do you just post in here to vent?

Hylian7

This is an EG ass lineup from Na'Vi.

I mean, maybe she did need BKB, but it wasn't a great BKB game. Only riki is thwarted by it, axe, wd, sniper and spectre give no shits.

Doesn't matter, Riki's miss chance in the cloud and WD's cask were enough to make it pay for itself.

Spectre dispersion and pure dmg dont go through bkb tho

This too.

Play with stacks and actually enjoy the game.
That doesn't raise solo MMR.

Manus

Doesn't matter, Riki's miss chance in the cloud and WD's cask were enough to make it pay for itself.

This too.

That doesn't raise solo MMR.

Lol I laugh at people who actually care about MMR. It means nothing. Besides the best game modes aren't even in ranked.

NewGame

Banned
Solo MMR is easy come ez go. I've gone from 3.7k to 2.8k and back to hell and back.

There is no need to 'chase' mmr, it does not improve drop rates and it most certainly does not improve the sub-human screaming filth that plays dota.

It turns you into that filth. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Play to improve yourself, winning or loosing.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
I would love to fix that, only way to is by playing games.

I've been finding playing in stacks is making me learn more faster, because I stack with people 2-3k higher MMR than me.

If you have some friends who are 500-100mmr better, try to be their weakest link , learn from them and then take that into your solo games.

shira

Neither does you playing solo from the looks of it.

QbJpbnB.gif

kvk1

GG.

I never stopped believing.

happytears.gif

Game 2 and 3 have been a clinic from Na'Vi in maintaining composure against a disastrous early game.

Kard8p3

idk i thought after that first game that maybe [a] was in a good place but now i just want akke to say fuck it and go to a better team.

Strider

I've been finding playing in stacks is making me learn more faster, because I stack with people 2-3k higher MMR than me.

If you have some friends who are 500-100mmr better, try to be their weakest link , learn from them and then take that into your solo games.

Damn you have friends that are that much higher than you that will party up with you? must be nice lol

I'd like to do that too but I don't really have many friends that play dota. The most effective way for me to learn is to use player perspective on good players to see their movements, builds, item choices, etc.

Syn23

El Clasico, fun as always.
That said, despite looking somewhat good, today NaVi and Alliance would get stomped by any top 5 Chinese team.

Totally unrelated: anyone knows when Secret are playing their next game?

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
See theres your problem

dont have it either :(

Seriously tho, you get stuff like medallion and mek and you keep your team alive.

yah, Urn is great for the armor and that bit of mana regen, plus its great if your grave heal and get away, you can heal with urn, or shadow poison urn the enemy for maximum effect.
Medallion is also great, that item does win games if used correctly. If you can pick it up after urn, you are looking at possible early roshan.

Force staff is pretty key. I find I don't usually need more items than the urn, mek, med and FS. keep up the wards and you should be fine.
Buy a TP early if you skill grave. You can keep an eye out on the map for ganks and possibly save a teamates life.

That feeling when your mid feeds like they interviewed for a job whose position was titled, "feed". Storm vs Earth. 0/6 @ like 11 minutes. They told me he was gonna come and style on me too. I said, "well see about that." Could have been worse. Coulda lost.

Also, pls carry me, Anuxi.

Solo MMR is easy come ez go. I've gone from 3.7k to 2.8k and back to hell and back.

There is no need to 'chase' mmr, it does not improve drop rates and it most certainly does not improve the sub-human screaming filth that plays dota.

It turns you into that filth. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Play to improve yourself, winning or loosing.
I wish more people had this attitude. People would rage a lot less and encourage each other a lot more. Maybe a little smack talk between teams, but you've gotta spend most of your time encouraging your own team, giving and taking advice, focusing on what the enemy wants to do and build, and understanding your win condition. You'll probably win more games than you lose and you'll be much less likely to go "on tilt". I think a lot of people attach their self-worth to the happenings in any given game such that failure is some sort of indictment on them as people. It's just a game. Play, enjoy yourself, focus on what you can do to get better. You can't can't control 5 heroes; you can only play your hero to it's best potential. You can't carry a game by yourself (unless Medusa, Naga, AM).

yah, Urn is great for the armor and that bit of mana regen, plus its great if your grave heal and get away, you can heal with urn, or shadow poison urn the enemy for maximum effect.
Medallion is also great, that item does win games if used correctly. If you can pick it up after urn, you are looking at possible early roshan.

Force staff is pretty key. I find I don't usually need more items than the urn, mek, med and FS. keep up the wards and you should be fine.
Buy a TP early if you skill grave. You can keep an eye out on the map for ganks and possibly save a teamates life.
Wait, you don't rush Desolator? What is this bullshit?

Thank you guys for the help though

I'd classify him as a "game delayer". He's an expert at slowing people's farm as they tremble in fear where the next cluster of bombs might be while his own team operates in relative safety.

Rarely will a Techies be the reason you win a team fight (unless they're pushing heavily mined T3's or something), and a gem bought at any phase of the game shuts down his whole plan and arsenal.

This Techies

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1154902137

had 7 kills in 12 minutes. I was tired of seeing my teammates feeding him, so I bought a super-fast gem (at maybe 13 or 14 minutes). As you can imagine...he got 2 kills over the next 42 minutes. That's not the mark of someone who can carry you. If he does, it's because the enemy just decided to not play responsible doto and buy sents/gems when needed (before things spiral out of control and your team is behind 10k because nobody can farm safely).

edit: oh and add Slark to that list. Fuck that stupid ult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom