• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I'm back to post.

1. Sonneiko's rubick is already putting in a performance that completely surpasses KKY's best game ever on that hero.
2. Goblak saved stun for RP, LD l2p
3. I taunt in all chat.

Bye.

botty

Banned
Hey, guys. Any tips for Viper and Crystal Maiden? I want to get better with them since it has been helping Satch and I come closer. ;-)

inkls

Hey, guys. Any tips for Viper and Crystal Maiden? I want to get better with them since it has been helping Satch and I come closer. ;-)

I dunno about crystal maiden cuz my supporting is awful, but if you want to play viper properly you need to channel your inner hitler. Viper is the most cancerous mid laner to play vs. Just harass the enemy hero and make them regret ever joining this game.

Get aghs because its amazing on viper. Rightclick everytime they go for last hits in lane. iirc the usual build is 1-3-1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz12zH8_SFk

Low Tier
imo 1 2 1 3 2 4 for viper. Then max out nethertoxin and skin. Sure necrotoxin's cool, but being unfightable cuz of your passive is better.

Also for CM just go jungle with lvl 1 frostbite and ignore your team 5ever

the cm advice should not be taken seriously

2GyGvT8.png

Game was hard. I tilted hard and was thinking of abandoning tbh.
But then I got a triple kill. and suddenly I had aghs. and sniper was fisted.

Radec

What happened on that CDEC-Ehome game ?

Last I saw was Ehome getting mid rax and making the game even, then next thing I saw was CDEC won. lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
W33 is not handling him being caught out cheating in EEL gracefully, he is just digging a deeper hole for him self.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1156870868

Not too bad after taking a year break from Invoker. I felt like Chris Paul out there dishing out assists. Max Wex alacrity + Legion Commander = lmao.

Don't remember a game where I was in 25 kills and only collected 1 for myself. Still, felt pretty good coming off a year break with no warmups and still run through 6 of his spells (went QW Invoker) comfortably. Only a couple of hiccups invoking spells that were still on CD.

Duel'd slark is the best Slark. Fuck that hero.

edit: wtf man. my invoker is like 32% after 70 games with a 4.5KDA. pls send me some helpful teammates.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

QWEQWR

Tranquils -> Force Staff -> Whatever (I like Euls, Ghost)

Laning:
- Be at the edge of auto attack range, she's squishy as fuck but her range is enormous.
- Try to stand behind your ally whenever possible.
- Don't Crystal Nova creeps when trying to harass.
- But if your partner is melee and its too dangerous for him to go up to last hit, feel free to take a few creeps with Nova while harassing (and you should be stacking if possible).
- If they make aggressive motions towards your ally, Crystal Nova them to scare them off.
- Reserve Frostbite for when they go on you or for ganks or for farming jungle creeps.
- Camp runes for mid if it's safe, she can contest safely better than a lot of other supports because of her range.

Team Fighting:
- Against single or double targets clumped together, catch them on the edge of Crystal Nova. 700 range + 400 radius = 1300 effective range. That's longer than Blink Dagger.
- It's tempting to run in and Nova their entire team but don't risk your safety to do this.
- Frostbite defensively. Save it for auto attackers (Ursa, PA, AM), and don't run up to Frostbite someone and put yourself at risk.
- Exceptions to the above are if your team has superior numbers and they're on the run.
- Count the number of stuns/interrupts they have, once it's low enough you can ult safely
- Ult's range is massive, there's no need to stand in the middle of the enemy team to ult, like Nova, you can catch them on the edge if you clap your hands together and pray to RNGesus
- If you're fighting in the jungle, before Ulting, stand behind a tree so they can't stun you as easily
- Use Force Staff and Euls to kite. If they're scared, Force Staff in and Nova/Frostbite and let your team catch up. If they're going in on you, Force Staff/Euls to dodge them and Nova/Frostbite to slow them down.
- I talk about playing defensively a lot but if you can trade your life for one of theirs (especially on a carry), it's worth it. Just make sure the trade is worthwhile (as in, if you didn't give up your life your team woiuld miss the kill, this takes experience to judge)

Pratfall

I know that every hero has their counter and that there are ways to play around every hero but for real slark is fucking broken town
blush.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
No, being a Doom picker is much worse than either of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom