• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jwdrp.gif

Randdalf

Does Invoker beat Anti-Mage in lane? I was having a hard time laning against him (but still killed him three times thanks to some timely ganks lel).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
MINDGAMED
Does Invoker beat Anti-Mage in lane? I was having a hard time laning against him (but still killed him three times thanks to some timely ganks lel).

With Invoker's Range and base damage, Anti-mage shouldn't be able to get a single last hit in.

Mordeccai

Both of those people, however misguided, at the very least had the team's best interest in mind. We should all be so lucky.

I guess I should count my blessing for that, they werent actively trying to shit up the game. It was late at night and after a three loss streak I guess I was a little on tilt.

This is what I like to do too.

Enchantress can be really powerful in lane early game with a few null talismans.

Regarding Morphling, I sometimes press the wrong button and appears at the other side of the map when my team is still fighting. So my only option to avoid this is either not to skill the ult, or to use it offensively during team fights.

Her laning is strong, but IMO that value point in enchant to bring a troll net or centaur stomp into lane is just too good to ignore.

I suck ass at Morph so I can't really comment on him, seems like a pretty hard hero to play well. Shotgun build looks like fun but I don't trust myself to make full use of the replicants.

The scoreboard is the best way to check levels on enemy heroes I guess.

I thought this was why, but then I noticed Waga mostly checked his and his teammates scores lol

Granted this was in a game that was almost lost in which one teammate started bitching.
Regarding Morphling, I sometimes press the wrong button and appears at the other side of the map when my team is still fighting. So my only option to avoid this is either not to skill the ult, or to use it offensively during team fights.

At that point you might as well pick a different hero. I suggest putting the hotkey for Replicate on something like alt+R so you don't accidentally press it.

bbd23

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1170148727

fuck this game. way too stressed out. our legion was 0-7 at one point but we bounced back hard once I picked up the gem (around 33mins) and i got my euls/stomp combo going. jesus christ there was almost a throw at the end of the game where our legion decided to yolo and go for tier 4s by herself but just died and they were pushing us HARD. I was planning on uninstalling and going for a break if that happened
SLx19c3.gif

FACE

Banned
Legion pickers really are the worst.

I remember one game where someone randomed legion and went to the jungle even though the enemy team had a broodmother.

Although I N'aix bombed ppl with TUSR once, was fun. So I guess it kinda makes up for that.

9-1 for my last 10 spectre matches, I love this hero.

I've played 24 matches with her but somehow only have a 66% win rate, but looking back at the last 6 months' worth of dotabuff pages I'm like 15-2. Must've lost like 6 in a row somewhere in the distant past.

Haly

I wouldn't mind combining that dress with my arcana.
As much as I love the dress I have right now, it's just so low-texture/low-poly.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
what do you need to do to join reddit dota? Im not a member so what do?

yeah i want in too

You just need to have a reddit account, and then watch the rd2l subreddit. This season of rd2l just started, so in 2-3 months it'll be over and a new season will begin. Signups will go up, hop on the rd2l subreddit, register following the instructions (usually stickied as the first post), and you're in.

9-1 for my last 10 spectre matches, I love this hero.

I've played 24 matches with her but somehow only have a 66% win rate, but looking back at the last 6 months' worth of dotabuff pages I'm like 15-2. Must've lost like 6 in a row somewhere in the distant past.

I know that she's considered an "advanced" hero, but she's conceptually so strong against most major pub match weaknesses and it's very easy to play her and do exceptionally well even if you're a low-skill player (like me).

To me she's by far the easiest of the hardest of the hard carries to get a handle on because her job is so tunnel vision for 90% of most games.

Obviously she has a higher skill ceiling than something like Viper but sometimes it's much more pleasant to play a hero with such a singular focus.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
TA was the monkey on my back in my hero challenge for a long time. I didn't try that much, but I'm bad enough at the hero that I just never really felt like playing her when the situation popped up. Finally got it done. Got a little carried by this ridiculous Timber, but I held my own a bit.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1170485922

Haly

Just think, we'll need to wait 7 years for Tiger New Bloom, and 9 years for Dragon New Bloom.

I know that she's considered an "advanced" hero, but she's conceptually so strong against most major pub match weaknesses and it's very easy to play her and do exceptionally well even if you're a low-skill player (like me).

To me she's by far the easiest of the hardest of the hard carries to get a handle on because her job is so tunnel vision for 90% of most games.

Obviously she has a higher skill ceiling than something like Viper but sometimes it's much more pleasant to play a hero with such a singular focus.

I realize my success with her is almost entirely due to Haunt being a good compensator for having actual map awareness and positioning. I don't have to choose when to farm and when to fight, I can just farm and then kill steal when my team does something. Also, although she has a variety of viable item choices (especially for the first big item), they are all pretty straightforward.

Also, because of dispersion and haunt illusions, she does pretty decently versus Juggernaut. Getting a heart first and then manta made me pretty much invulnerable even to a solo aghs omnislash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom