• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Madoouuuu and Artanisix did you play?

Actually, why are dual lanes so niche in the competitive/high-skill meta but so prevalent in the lower tiers? Is it because a skilled offlaner in theory can lane against multiple heroes?

I think it's because they think the game should be equal in lower tiers. They can't grasp the concept of farming carries and supporting as supports. Like if you are level 6 then I should be level 6: for them top lane = bottom lane

ksan

generally, tri lanes are better against duo lanes than duo lanes are against solos

but yeah, tri lanes require more coordination

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm sure you've all had that one support.

Doesn't buy wards, or if they do, puts them in the most obvious spots in the world.
Doesn't stack camps when camps are unwarded.
Doesn't harass or zone except with the occasional nuke that pushes the lane so it was pointless.
Doesn't control runes even when they can safely leave the lane.
Actually fights you for farm for whatever inane reason.
Dies in lane repeatedly because they're too close to the creep line.
Stands around soaking XP without doing anything with it.

A typical pub trilane doubles all of that. You'll be 2 levels behind the other side while struggling for farm because humpty and dumpty have never played a proper trilane in their lives.

Acinixys

generally, tri lanes are better against duo lanes than duo lanes are against solos

but yeah, tri lanes require more coordination

The only tri lanes I see working in pubs are mega aggressive ones

Trying to lane vs a Sven, Venge and CM is literally impossible as a melee and 95% impossible as a ranged hero

As soon as you go in for a last hit you get chained stunned and killed

RS4-

Trying to lane vs a Sven, Venge and CM is literally impossible as a melee and 95% impossible as a ranged hero

Pretty much this with pubs. Not so much when you ping/chat ahead of time, one of the other two don't pay attention and instead of a kill or heavy harass, guy walks away.

Or its just a shit lane combo.

The not securing runes bit and not dewarding (especially when you see it placed) is just... Lol.

I get not doing runes if mid is gone ahead of time to camp or its a mid with high mobility. Dat map awareness.

ksan

well, depends on ur mmr
i mean, meeting an aggro tri lane as a carry, and just sitting by the tower can be worth it if your own supports can rotate
you just gotta catch-up farm later, and the enemy supports will be underleveled

Dual lanes are simple and straightforward. Trilanes require coordination you don't see often in pubs, certainly not among 3 random strangers. Roaming requires a high degree of game sense and also coordination. Solo suiciding is a matter of pure skill, most players can barely confidently win a 1v1, asking them to 2v1 is a recipe for disaster.

The 2-1-2 configuration is the simplest to execute. Any other configuration is a crapshoot unless you're queueing as a team.

This sadly means I can't go solo off(my favorite role) 99% of the time when solo queueing since a lot of people seem to not even understand 3-1-1 is a thing.

Then again that's probably for the best that they don't trilane if they can't do it. I remember drafting a Doom, WD, SK trilane(it was CD) and instead of actually doing it Doom just went jungle. Hilarious stuff, worked out even better for us ironically.

Hylian7

The Valve Store here at PAX South has a sort of impromptu microplushie trading post. I traded the two extra Lich's for Crystal Maiden and Meepo.

Also, I entered my codes from the plushies and shirt I got and got another Geodesic Eidolon.

Razzer

Actually, if you know someone is a decent solo Offliane then I find letting someone play a greedy jungler is great as you can get the benifits of solo exp and not have awful trilane syndrome.

shira

rtz reminds me of emo peter parker from SM3

B8HsetcIQAAy-S5.jpg:large

twitchboy
pumaboy
beachboy

Randdalf

I wonder if Valve will do Dota-style competitive matchmaking and stuff like that for Left 4 Dead 3. Left 4 Dead 2 had a quite flourishing, if brief, competitive scene once upon a time. It was pretty fun to watch the games, like the one time this tank wiped out an entire team by throwing a car across the map on Hard Rain. Also, the Scavenge mode they added in L4D2 is sorely unappreciated, it's so much fun.

Quesa

I fucking hate playing vs Undying so when I randomed him today I thought well lets see how people beat undying cuz I fucking suck with him

nope ended up ballin

this dude is good

shira

A little pre-emptive but I'm hype
dac2015.png

t1422417600z1.png

Wings Gaming vs. Energy Pacemaker
HyperGloryTeam vs. Speed Gaming
Power Rangers vs. Natus Vincere

mochicat

Banned
I fucking hate playing vs Undying so when I randomed him today I thought well lets see how people beat undying cuz I fucking suck with him

nope ended up ballin

this dude is good

I always play solo queue cm; I love playing against undying. So many counters people jus don't realize.

Just reached 5.9k! On the road to 6k : )

too bad most of the matches will be happening at night for us Americans

They happen in the AM for us Europeans, I'm going to miss virtually everything because of Uni.

Guess I'll be watching VOD's and hope I don't get spoiled. It's always way less exciting not being able to watch stuff live though.

Mordeccai

nope ended up ballin

this dude is good

someone in here recommended an undying/silencer dual lane. I took them up on the idea.

it was unreal how much we shut down their void and lion. 8 kills before 10 minutes. Undying good hero.

shira

I always play solo queue cm; I love playing against undying. So many counters people jus don't realize.

ndKsQjP.png

Woah shit mochicat, ur better than Demon #roadtoTI5
where ur strim dude?

If any mods are here gif tag for mochicat, NA top #100

They happen in the AM for us Europeans, I'm going to miss virtually everything because of Uni.

Guess I'll be watching VOD's and hope I don't get spoiled. It's always way less exciting not being able to watch stuff live though.

Does Nabi fantears will be so awesome doe

Hylian7

How the hell are you even getting past the bad teammates you must get in CM? Do you just grab captain every time?

Chris R

4 stacks are probably the worst thing in the game as someone who only plays solo. Give me a group of non-English speakers over a 4 stack any fucking day of the fucking week so I don't have to endure the fucking abuse of the stack when we lose

edit: fucking terrible teams today ugh, I swear sometimes. Ended up with AA and went offlane to see if Techies was mining there before 0:00 since I had wards to defuse the mines. Instead the shit team just leaves me there solo. I don't feed (killed zero times during laning phase) but get zero farm against Spectre/Shaman. Go ahead and blame me instead of actually TPing offlane and helping us.

Funny thing was Spectre didn't snowball as much as the Sniper who was mid or the Techies who destroyed the safelane trio lol

G.ZZZ

Tonight i carry aeveyone i'm so goud at this game fucking shi tgrils can suck it jesaus christ they only want the black stick and ntotinh from me, i'd say they'r eright but whateve i ''m not like i'm a discar d like really what? I mean you come back from frane after 6 month jess christ i want some not only listen ot your stories about sreaming with your bf you'll leave in 2 month anyway zzassdh

mochicat

Banned
How the hell are you even getting past the bad teammates you must get in CM? Do you just grab captain every time?

I spam captain to oblivion. I always joke around to keep the atmosphere friendly. But once game starts, I delegate orders to the best of the team. In my opninion, draft has an advantage over skill. Team synergy and counters make up most of the game. Of course, how well you spend your time in game (lane phase, midgame, late) can change the outcome too.

shira

I spam captain to oblivion. I always joke around to keep the atmosphere friendly. But once game starts, I delegate orders to the best of the team. In my opninion, draft has an advantage over skill. Team synergy and counters make up most of the game. Of course, how well you spend your time in game (lane phase, midgame, late) can change the outcome too.

10 years sonce mochicat strim
http://www.twitch.tv/mochicat??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom