• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Desolator Phantom Assassin instead of Satanic for better mid-game
Y/N ?

Yes. This is actually the most legit build.

Trust me. You will two-shot almost every hero and snowball from there. Satanic is only interesting when you want to go late game... which you don't since people will just build MKB and Dagon and shut you down.

q2vkZwb.png

EoTatQI.png

would you yell at a medusa getting a point or two in split shot early?

given the newfound potency of mystic snake? yes, I would. You don't need to start thinking about points in split shot until you're ready to start jungling. Similar to Luna. It's not the *only* reason you put points in split shot (you also want to get a couple of points in it if you're ready or looking to push the tower down fast just like you would with Luna).

Also, if Dusa is being given a completely free lane and there's nobody to harass back with Snake, it should be skipped to get yourself into midgame fighting shape faster. Maxing Q and never using it in lane is fine if you don't want to push the lane. But most lanes will have someone contesting Dusa and pushing the lane to tower is usually undesirable unless your strat revolves around taking towers early. It's just giving enemy offlane XP they don't deserve. Max level snake does stupid damage given laning phase HP levels on most enemy heroes.

im going to interpret what you said as

yes steve maxing stats on medusa and skipping ult is the correct way to play dusa youre right and ultrabum is wrong

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
im going to interpret what you said as

yes steve maxing stats on medusa and skipping ult is the correct way to play dusa youre right and ultrabum is wrong

I thought the preferred way was to skip at a point 11, max at 16, since when you are 16 you should be hitting pretty hard.

inkls

do you even play dota anymore?

New semester started so was busy making the transition again. Ill be playing lots more now.

inkls if he gets off scot free he's never going to learn

*condescending paternal stare*

iunno maybe

Well seriously at this point. If he doesn't want to do it, I dont want to keep pressuring him to do so. Might just be better for someone else to do it if hes ok with it.

inkls get off your alternate account

???

EE maxes remnant on Storm Spirit. That doesn't make it good.

EE maxes remnant on storm first because he goes for a safelane farming storm spirit that goes bloodstone first. So the point of it is that he can clear waves with ease. Its trash if you want to gank with storm, but not for farming storm spirit.

Arkanius

Yes. This is actually the most legit build.

Trust me. You will two-shot almost every hero and snowball from there. Satanic is only interesting when you want to go late game... which you don't sinc people will just build MKB and Dagon and shut you down.

q2vkZwb.png

EoTatQI.png

That confirms it I guess.
Whats the build order?

I feel like the Medallion/Vlad's/Deso PA build is good if you want to give up going late and just end the game in the midgame. She'll get outcarried very hard if you go further than that though.

Also what does everyone think of Pokken?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm looking forward to seeing it take the FGC by storm because it has the pokemon brand behind it.

But I have no desire to actually play it.

I feel like the Medallion/Vlad's/Deso PA build is good if you want to give up going late and just end the game in the midgame. She'll get outcarried very hard if you go further than that though.

Also what does everyone think of Pokken?

Buying

Fighting games + Pokemon, I have an obligation to buy.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How about Dota Pit Lord

Wait

The right part of that HUD is just the default rocks u wot m8

Its a preview bug, another hud had the same bug happen to a month back, it has non-default stuff there in game. Valve will likely fix the image on the store in a few days.

So I take it we aren't getting more DAC Stretch goals?

NewGame

Banned
Lel

Kotl blinding light push is the best thing whole game. Just leaving people on high ground and scaring away the cour from bring tp.

3 of them rotated to save the zues who was stuck on high after trying for rune. Our bloodsseeker and AA made saving zues a nightmare. Zues was up there fir a good 5 minutes and ended up being 4 levels lower than everyone

ViviOggi

Its a preview bug, another hud had the same bug happen to a month back, it has non-default stuff there in game. Valve will likely fix the image on the store in a few days.

So I take it we aren't getting more DAC Stretch goals?
Oh I see, I do like the design

The pudka set is disgusting though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom