• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
ndKsQjP.png

Woah shit mochicat, ur better than Demon #roadtoTI5
where ur strim dude?

If any mods are here gif tag for mochicat, NA top #100

But what about that winterymint guy? I bet hes highest dotabuff rating, maybe winterymint can kick his ass. Also, has anyone been to mt. meeru, seen it from the somethin... I can't remember what, plateau?

o nvm that was kyan aka azuki aka meeru's brother that was banned. meeru is still mia

probably playing ember spirit

Dahbomb

He did. He was exposed in one of the friendlies where he made a "really good play" which, upon further analysis, turned out to be an obvious maphack. Then some players went through his history and noticed other maphack-fueled plays.

RIP in pieces.
LMAO!

What a scumbag. RIP in peace indeed.

Wok

Wow... Yet another Meeru...

Still remembering the time he snuck his way into a party I was in, used the same avatar 1.09 was using at the time, and was playing Templar Assassin. He could see the enemy Lion, who could easily run uphill and get away, and Lion said in all chat "sec pls" and paused. Meeru unpaused and killed Lion, as Lion just stood there.

I was streaming when this happened, and 1.09 pointed out in chat that it was Meeru.

It sounds like something I could use from now and then when I see an unfair play... report meeru

On a sidenote, Meeru is an island and one of the important places there is a wok place.

Do not ban me. I am not Meeru or his brothers.

Trasher

He did. He was exposed in one of the friendlies where he made a "really good play" which, upon further analysis, turned out to be an obvious maphack. Then some players went through his history and noticed other maphack-fueled plays.

RIP in pieces.

I remember playing against him back in SC2 and people telling me that he was hacking. Good times. It made beating him in SC2 and HoN all the more rewarding!

G.ZZZ

Last time i played with Meeru he was 5.7k and he had a KPop avatar so at first i assumed he was 1.09 too, what's with all those Kpop avatars zzz

Currently in LP due to my computer falling asleep during Dota. I thought it was overheating, but after 2 abandoned LP games later, finally deduced that it was due to my fucking keyboard.

so 9 games in LP. Oh lord.

TUSR

Banned
ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Demoli

Man, catching to this thread was something.

Net Crapped up last night again, sorry about that party, will contact my provider tomorrow.

Wok

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/40152481

Thank god I could keep the game going so PA got items, great supporting too. It was probably a major mistake by me forcing that PA top against an Axe :D

Yolo!

Talisman of Evasion is like a cheap Aghanim for PA. Edit: Ah, no, evasion is not the ultimate spell.

Anyway, I might consider a talisman of evasion if I can get it early game. It can be fun to mess around with it when the MKB are not there yet.

shira

It's most surprising to me (a filthy post-beta adopter of Dota 2) that froggy reached out to this thread personally to foster his early creation.

He seems like such a mystical figure today.

Yeah it's pretty neat. Valve also saved us the Neogaf Guild name so it was reserved before anybody else could take it.

Awesome little touches you would never expect.

Currently in LP due to my computer falling asleep during Dota. I thought it was overheating, but after 2 abandoned LP games later, finally deduced that it was due to my fucking keyboard.

so 9 games in LP. Oh lord.

Oof

Low Priority is the worst, especially when you're in there by choice :p

Played my first Windranger game, fun hero. Need to learn how to use Force Staff properly though

or go phase boots + maelstorm + agha.

Everything melts with your ulti.

I built an MKB instead of Aghs, since I was struggling to isolate heroes for long enough to hit my Ult properly. Will try Aghs next time if I can.

Is she one of the few heroes who doesn't have a stick/wand in her recommended items? Was surprised to see she doesn't have any dedicated HP regen items in her cores after the early game. Are you supposed to use TPSs, and her mobility to return to the fountain to heal?

rezuth

I built an MKB instead of Aghs, since I was struggling to isolate heroes for long enough to hit my Ult properly. Will try Aghs next time if I can.

Is she one of the few heroes who doesn't have a stick/wand in her recommended items? Was surprised to see she doesn't have any dedicated HP regen items in her cores after the early game. Are you supposed to use TPSs, and her mobility to return to the fountain to heal?

She runs fast with evasion and is ranged, I don't really think you need it in most cases.

73V3N

Banned

you can go for linkens

I've been trying to play Leshrac lately. I like his spells and damage output but he is way too squishy and teams seem to focus on him first (makes sense though).

Other than using edict and euls up in the air how can you stay alive with him? He seems like one of the slowest characters as well with his hop technique. I've tried hanging back stunning and then joining the fight but it seems like I still die quickly. Maybe I just need to stay further away and let the aoe do the work?

Falk

that puzzling face
Don't think Lesh is any more squishy than other stun-happy supports with no escape like Lion/etc.

Although Lesh has the advantage of Bloodstone not being completely awful on him.

I've been trying to play Leshrac lately. I like his spells and damage output but he is way too squishy and teams seem to focus on him first (makes sense though).

Other than using edict and euls up in the air how can you stay alive with him? He seems like one of the slowest characters as well with his hop technique. I've tried hanging back stunning and then joining the fight but it seems like I still die quickly. Maybe I just need to stay further away and let the aoe do the work?

Go boots first, be a man get first blood

Tieske

Neo Member
Better Pro Tip: Get some friends together and queue for bot matches on passive. Then take level 1 rosh and push straight down mid.

I haven't had to do this for a while, so they might have patched it.

yeah bot matches need to on till at least 15 minutes for it to count nowadays

ardm doesnt have this time limit

low prios basically a second home

Acinixys

Just made a Russian Pudge rage feed couriers as Techies, feels good.

After watching Waga spam techies last year I realised hes super easy to play

EVERYONE mines the runes and the secret shop, and everyone dewards the runes and the ss

So ive taken to mining the river both sides closer to the mid ramp and the juke paths around top and bot T1s

Guaranteed kills and rage every game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom