• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordeccai

Soooo.... LSD. Do you recommend a high dosage or a low dosage for a newbie? I'm gonna go 360 ug, my friend the same or 180 ug.

Sniper McBlaze
wat

for real tho. start low and give it two hours. if you are still coherent enough to want more, go ahead and take more. Don't blast yourself into space right off the bat, dip your toes into the pool

shira said:
Valve customer service = /r/dota2 frontpage + cyborgmatt

total reddit noob here. what is the front page, the 'hot' tab? and if I create a new account and post, wont I just be lost in the shuffle since I have no upboats or karma or how ever this website works.

t0rment

Soooo.... LSD. Do you recommend a high dosage or a low dosage for a newbie? I'm gonna go 360 ug, my friend the same or 180 ug.

low dosage dude, that shit is strong.

volvo pls
sleeping.gif

It wouldn't be a proper event game mode for Dota without Valve completely and totally destroying it by absurd restrictions and server issues.

I'm never going to play this event. I only play one or two games a night, so if the window doesn't ever fall in that time when I'm free to play Dota, they might as well have not even wasted the man hours

Water man hours being the key phrase here,

Sniper McBlaze
wat

for real tho. start low and give it two hours. if you are still coherent enough to want more, go ahead and take more. Don't blast yourself into space right off the bat, dip your toes into the pool

I'm experienced so I'll go yolo whatever, but my friend isn't. I think he should go 360 ug too. It's not often that you'll be able to experience something so unique and intense.

Mordeccai

I'm experienced so I'll go yolo whatever, but my friend isn't. I think he should go 360 ug too. It's not often that you'll be able to experience something so unique and intense.

it can also be super intense/scary for a newbie, is he totally new to mind altering substances or does he have some sort of experience making a foray into the unknown. if he's experienced some then he could go higher dose if he wanted to.

honestly though I'd leave it up to him, having a crazy strong trip is the goal for experienced ones but the main thing for new people is making sure it's a comfortable and fun experience. he can always go up a dose, he may react very strongly to the stuff even if you didnt

Acinixys

it can also be super intense/scary for a newbie, is he totally new to mind altering substances or does he have some sort of experience making a foray into the unknown. if he's experienced some then he could go higher dose if he wanted to.

honestly though I'd leave it up to him, having a crazy strong trip is the goal for experienced ones but the main thing for new people is making sure it's a comfortable and fun experience. he can always go up a dose, he may react very strongly to the stuff even if you didnt

Please dont advocate drug use

This is a family friendly thread

kappa

Yeah, your tip was pretty much perfect. 180 first, wait 2 hours. If he feels like going forward I'll give him more. However, how much tolerance do you think his body creates with this alternative?

edit: Fuck Volvo. Just got home from town and all I want is to own some russians with Pugna.

Wok

Fixed a server crash related to the Year Beast Brawl. For the next Brawl, starting in an hour, we will temporarily replace the Daily Bonus with a significantly larger Ability Point bonus for everyone

Sure.

Mordeccai

Please dont advocate drug use

This is a family friendly thread

kappa

oh yea someone who isn't me typed those posts I'm just your friendly neighborhood
angry dota2 player cuz servers are broken

Yeah, your tip was pretty much perfect. 180 first, wait 2 hours. If he feels like going forward I'll give him more. However, how much tolerance do you think his body creates with this alternative?

edit: Fuck Volvo. Just got home from town and all I want is to own some russians with Pugna.

Zero, he's not gonna build a tolerance over the course of two hours. for a legit physiological 'tolerance' it would take multiple doses over a couple of days at the minimum, with lsd its more likely you become familiar with the effects so it's not as mind blowing after the first few times

oh yea someone who isn't me typed those posts I'm just your friendly neighborhood
angry dota2 player cuz servers are broken

Zero, he's not gonna build a tolerance over the course of two hours. for a legit physiological 'tolerance' it would take multiple doses over a couple of days at the minimum, with lsd its more likely you become familiar with the effects so it's not as mind blowing after the first few times

And I want it to blow his mind. I guess a two hour window won't change that. :)

They do every time they do one of this silly events

they're terrible at them, they always have cackamanie game ruining, self imposed restrictions.

If they just released the stupid event and let everyone enjoy it, we'd actually, you know, enjoy it.

Who in their right mind is going to buy points for an event that might not even be playable during their free time?? 10 minutes isn't even long enough to buy the points, let alone get a group together to do the event...

I honestly would like the Greeviling to come back. I thought that was fun. Wraith Night too. Anything I guess that isn't the Year Beast concept.

BHK3

Banned
Year beast was straight up not playable last year anyway, how you could survive for more than 5 minutes against that thing is beyond me, even with the items. They patched every possible way to even hurt the damn thing anyway. Diretide, Greeviling were at least competent and kinda fun, wraith night was just tower defense so that varies heavily between people but I liked the ideas in it. This year its just a regular all pick game with a P2W monster appearing every once in a while and the arcana holders will win loads of shiny new sets.

I'd be less salty if it wasn't sets, the value is so damn high now when back in the day it wasn't that bad, you lost a diretide/greeviling game and they got some kunkka or crystal maiden items.

Kalnos

Banned
It would be better to just not put an event out at this point. Just work on the custom game support and make a few Valve created custom games pls.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wraith Night was really fun, it wasn't farmable and had actual lore implications for the game.

Why they don't try to make another mode like that is beyond me...

They broke the ability to play custom games like that in Source 1, and don't want to take the time to fix it when Source 2 should be out "Soon"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom