• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Our Year Beast destroyed. It's like a permanent Lycan ult. It just chased them all down. Game finished in 20 minutes.

I picked Lycan to buff the beast even more. Easy event.

D1ONdxt.png

W1SSY

My team won a base race in year beast. I feel like it was all about having a good pushing lineup for when the year beast spawned.

Like Kirby said, 5k for level 2 is insane. It just feels like pay2win because the year beast is brutal.

I picked Lycan to buff the beast even more. Easy event.

D1ONdxt.png

My team had lycan and venge. Made the pushing pretty easy.

Year Beast is pretty meh, the team I was against was pretty stacked with points so at one spawn they managed to get Aegis off about 4 times before we could kill it.

Also the upgrade costs are insane, pretty much pay2win.

Wok

Some thoughts on the mode:
The points are really easy to waste. I used them a bit too liberally and had none left for the last 10 minutes. Scouting Zeus Ult was not a good use of my 1k points.
The upgrades paths cost so damn much. 5k seems like to high of a cost for just level 2.
I think Speed or Support may be the better abilities to get if you can only get level 1. If everyone commits to one, its ether an AoE Alch Ult, or an AoE Troll Ult.

I did not get how to level the beast up, I could only tp, dd, attack a target, etc.

At the start, I had the option for aegis and thunderwrath though.

Quesa

OT Anthropolgy: On Page 78-9 of OT1, we see the first Meeru alt (Xanathe), who throws a fit during a game and gets kicked by mumble gaf. Does Meeru predate the Gaf thread,or did I miss it by hopping a few pages at a time? Evidence of Dr Kirby as the first Gaf Detective.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
year beast mode seems pointless and shit, and also it's blatant pay 2 win

i'm sure some people will get shitloads of items out of it while i get fuck all exactly like the PA event, too

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Mint/meeru/valenti was playing with us during the days of HoN, and then SC2, and finally DOTA.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
OT Anthropolgy: On Page 78-9 of OT1, we see the first Meeru alt (Xanathe), who throws a fit during a game and gets kicked by mumble gaf. Does Meeru predate the Gaf thread,or did I miss it by hopping a few pages at a time? Evidence of Dr Kirby as the first Gaf Detective.

His stuff predates the topic, you would have to did into beta info topics and other stuff to see it.

EtwB7.png

Greetings!

Nothing worse than all their attempts at Lion. Also Venge looked meh IMO.

Fun fact: at TI1(my first Dota experience) I thought one of Venge's abilities was "wards" since almost every game I saw a Vengeful Spirit's main job be placing wards. I was so confused that tournament.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Holy shit, so many good memories:

https://docs.google.com/a/g.ucla.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApdZ2fnYcnEvdDh0cVVjRzFneU5vQ01PaXNaYWRLQmc#gid=0
Icemarker said:
Can whoever manages or edits the spreadsheet please take me off. Sorry but I don't feel like being made fun of for things I did months and months ago, I've played with DotA-GAF/HoN-GAF very little (if not at all) in that time, I "quit" at the end of last year.

EDIT: Thank you.
EDIT2: And I re-ask that you keep me off the list. (I wish Doombringer was the most OP hero.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom