• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bounchfx

Yo bounch, do you know the deal with this guy? (DNADota)
http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=142369

I think his Axe set is accepted for the game. I need my hat purchases to be guilt free.

err.. I don't really want to say much except that he has been extremely sexist and hateful towards a lot of the workshop community. If the sets in and you like it, buy it to support the scene and ignore the douche factor. The important part is you getting a set you enjoy using :D

Acinixys

pa arcana

+ this set

+ this mask

looks cool but who got dat sorta $$$ to splash on hats

Ember

Alliance set is only $4 or so

So if you get the discounted Arcana

Its still only 32 +/-

szg5Koh.gif

Nymerio

Never bought an arcana because they seem too expensive for me, but hnnnnggg I really want this.

That's how PyrionFlax lost his hair. It was very tragic.

Really happy at how the base customisation turned out. Was worth the wait.

B2yJl7JCQAAClQB.png:large

I can confirm this, it's what's happening to me as well and I'm pretty sure if Loda would remove his hat you'd see it as well.

sephi22

pa arcana

+ this set
+ this mask

looks cool but who got dat sorta $$$ to splash on hats
I own all of these hats and Ive only played PA in 2 matches total (both losses)

err.. I don't really want to say much except that he has been extremely sexist and hateful towards a lot of the workshop community. If the sets in and you like it, buy it to support the scene and ignore the douche factor. The important part is you getting a set you enjoy using :D

His Axe set is ass, but I like his Tusk set in the workshop. For Axe I'm using the Summit 1 Axe set with the TI4 immortal mask

shira

That's how PyrionFlax lost his hair. It was very tragic.

Really happy at how the base customisation turned out. Was worth the wait.

B2yJl7JCQAAClQB.png:large

What happens if they remodel some heroes like Void or Zeus or Slardar? Won't these effigies become outdated

This has to be Navi's effigy, unless they kick xboct in the near future
Jj4qXFY.jpg

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
What happens if they remodel some heroes like Void or Zeus or Slardar? Won't these effigies become outdated

Pretty sure that the effigies are just data save states for the models, taking data sets (to create statues in game) from current hero and cosmetic_item models.

This has to be Navi's effigy, unless they kick xboct in the near future

Abaddon Hero Effigy
.Soulhoof Mount
.Hood of the Demonic Vessel Head Accessory
.Cloak of the Demonic Vessel Back
.Mace of the Chosen Weapon (or the default weapon, with the animation where the weapon is not visible in the hand)

Sianos

According to the dev forum, it looks like invulnerable units can no longer avoid the final damage of False Promise.

Pratfall

Technically, the Phoenix and the Sun entities are different. So the False Promise would stay on the Phoenix (which is not displayed on the screen) and the Sun would still die after reaching its condition (of x enemy hero hits).

Edit: The Sun's unit type is a Ward. SRC: http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Phoenix

but there is the fringe case of a phoenix being false promised, taking lethal damage and then being inside the egg when false promise expires. If the egg survives, does phoenix come out alive or dead? Schrodingers phoenix

This PA Arcana event doesn't seem particularly well received.

I wonder if they'll make any adjustments to it. Unlike Techies arcana which was a fairly easy fix to please the masses (and worked out really well), this one is the basis of the entire event and not as easily adjusted.

Maybe when it's better explained today it won't sound as awful and disruptive as it does right now.

shira

I wonder if they'll make any adjustments to it. Unlike Techies arcana which was a fairly easy fix to please the masses (and worked out really well), this one is the basis of the entire event and not as easily adjusted.

Maybe when it's better explained today it won't sound as awful and disruptive as it does right now.

Please make reddit tread. Last time was hilarious

Shinypogs

I'm not looking forward to getting yelled at for not being able to prevent someone from dying because it cost them hats and also a chance to level up their arcana if I'm on PA's team instead of the contract's. I do my best to prevent teammates from dying to begin with but sometimes there's nothing you can do or the person in question takes my stun/disable/heal/etc as a sign to reengage when they should be running for their life. I predict a lot of angry pinging and rage in voice and all chat

Being the contract myself is probably going to be equally unpleasant and nerve wracking.

On the other hand I am looking forward to watching pros stream during the event to see how they handle it.

that's because it really doesn't look very good. it's...how can I say? It seems overdone. It's too much. Too busy. Too out there. And in many ways out of character. I think we all expected to see epic blood splashes gory enough to make Quentin Tarentino blush. Instead we got a weird cosmic/alien/cross-dimensional PA who's slicing souls out of enemy hereos.

I think it's cool in a vacuum; I think it's pretty bad in the context of what we were collectively expecting and how we think of Phantom Assassin. It feels like something more appropriate for an INT hero like OD or someone else sharing a similar color space.

i like this.

that's because it really doesn't look very good. it's...how can I say? It seems overdone. It's too much. Too busy. Too out there. And in many ways out of character. I think we all expected to see epic blood splashes gory enough to make Quentin Tarentino blush. Instead we got a weird cosmic/alien/cross-dimensional PA who's slicing souls out of enemy hereos.

I think it's cool in a vacuum; I think it's pretty bad in the context of what we were collectively expecting and how we think of Phantom Assassin. It feels like something more appropriate for an INT hero like OD or someone else sharing a similar color space.

i like this.

I think he is only talking about the nemesis event...not the arcana itself.

inkls

Would anyone be kind and test blademail interaction with Oracle ult? Does it reflect the delayed dmg while its being applied and then a 2nd time when the ult ends?

Also, combos:

Oracle ult +

-Dazzle: Shallow grave the target when ult is about to end

-Abaddon: Use ult when Oracle ult is about to end

-Huskar

-PA

-Terrorblade? (Haven't tested it out yet, but sunder tho)

-Nyx: ALL DAMAGE IS APPLIED IN ONE INSTANCE AFTER ULT. Eziest spiked carapce of my life.

-Ursa: Ensure max dmg with his ult since your hp will always be topped off.

-Storm Spirit: Ball lightning right before ult ends? (dunno if this works, I hear invulnerability doesn't block delayed dmg? Same question about other invulnerability giving heroes also shadow demon)

-Spectre: Wonder if dmg is still reflected by Dispersion?

-Wraith King: With ult you'll never fully die.

it's been so long I forgot that we've had working pit lord spells with icons for like half a year now

volvo giff pit lord
You guys think pa arcana will hold in value? Been seeing the steam market tumble a lot lately
every item that isn't limited will fall in value

its not an investment

Would anyone be kind and test blademail interaction with Oracle ult? Does it reflect the delayed dmg while its being applied and then a 2nd time when the ult ends?

Also, combos:

Oracle ult +

-Dazzle: Shallow grave the target when ult is about to end

-Abaddon: Use ult when Oracle ult is about to end

-Huskar

-PA

-Terrorblade? (Haven't tested it out yet, but sunder tho)

-Nyx: ALL DAMAGE IS APPLIED IN ONE INSTANCE AFTER ULT. Eziest spiked carapce of my life.

-Ursa: Ensure max dmg with his ult since your hp will always be topped off.

-Storm Spirit: Ball lightning right before ult ends? (dunno if this works, I hear invulnerability doesn't block delayed dmg? Same question about other invulnerability giving heroes also shadow demon)

-Spectre: Wonder if dmg is still reflected by Dispersion?

-Wraith King: With ult you'll never fully die.

Damage from Oracle ulti (whatever its called) is not reflected to initial damage dealers.

shira

You guys think pa arcana will hold in value? Been seeing the steam market tumble a lot lately

jYOi53f.png

The russian version only costs like $23, but it will fluxuate because you can't bet exalted items on Dota2Lounge.

So essentially all the arcana pre-orders are for playing only.

After 7/12 they will not be exalted but at the same time will not be 20% off. Expect another correction if and when the PA arcanas are allowed on D2L for betting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom