• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymerio

Finally managed to win a game with timber. Guess those tips paid off :)

dZxnoIll.png

kvk1

"One there is who fears the trees, and that one you should fear."

Oracle giving mad respect to my boy Timbersaw.

Wes

venison crêpe
Wes logs on to DotA2.

Sees a patch. "Neat" he thinks to himself.

Slowly peruses through the patch notes.

And then it hits him.

Like the piercing beams from a lighthouse appearing on the horizon to a sailor who has been lost at sea for 18 months.

" - Enabled Phoenix in Captain's Mode"

MILLLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Big Dog

Besides Nolan North, I would say Dee Bradley Baker has got to be the coolest voice actor in the game (techies voice actor). He was the voice of Daffy Duck and the Tasmanian devil in Space Jam. Doesn't get much cooler than that. And he has voiced someone is mostly all american cartoons since the late 90s.

Quesa

Wes logs on to DotA2.

Sees a patch. "Neat" he thinks to himself.

Slowly peruses through the patch notes.

And then it hits him.

Like the piercing beams from a lighthouse appearing on the horizon to a sailor who has been lost at sea for 18 months.

" - Enabled Phoenix in Captain's Mode"

MILLLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Can I please change my name wes

ill love u 4ever

posting again for a new page =D

hi all, just had an annoying game as shadow demon, anyone wana help a fellow gaffer out and critique my replay?

I would be real happy with any help and tips!

Match 1035747118
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1035747118

You should play SD is compositions where disruption either wins you teamfights, or wins you lanes. If you want to win lane, you should play him in conjunction with a carry and/or support that can blow someone up out of disrupt. Skywrath/Mirana/Lina are all brilliant options.
If you want to win teamfights, he's kind of difficult in this meta. He's pretty good against Void (since you can disrupt either void or your chronod ally). He's also good against comps that have a lot of single target lock down. You can run him in 4 protect 1 comps or dual core comps for really good damage mitigation.

Also keep in mind that shadow poison at low MMR is OP as shit. it does obscene damage when you get up the stacks, and most players aren't good enough to figure that out.

**Based finstack with Eblade Shaker.

Manus

Speaking of voices. I bet everyone here just loves when Skywrath Mage does his it's in the bag. Like the longest thing ever.

Plus I want an Ogre Magi announcer pack.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
jYOi53f.png

The russian version only costs like $23, but it will fluxuate because you can't bet exalted items on Dota2Lounge.

So essentially all the arcana pre-orders are for playing only.

After 7/12 they will not be exalted but at the same time will not be 20% off. Expect another correction if and when the PA arcanas are allowed on D2L for betting.
It used to cost $23, valve updated the exchange rates in a bunch of countries a few hours after. Rubles lost like 30% of their value.

yarden24

SD is very hard hero to play... Especially looking at your comp, you don't have many good combos with him. Will watch replay later ~

thanks! would appreciate any feedback! I feel a lot of the time i fall behind as supports...

My tip is to not play Shadow Demon at all. Worst hero in the game.

You should play SD is compositions where disruption either wins you teamfights, or wins you lanes. If you want to win lane, you should play him in conjunction with a carry and/or support that can blow someone up out of disrupt. Skywrath/Mirana/Lina are all brilliant options.
If you want to win teamfights, he's kind of difficult in this meta. He's pretty good against Void (since you can disrupt either void or your chronod ally). He's also good against comps that have a lot of single target lock down. You can run him in 4 protect 1 comps or dual core comps for really good damage mitigation.

Also keep in mind that shadow poison at low MMR is OP as shit. it does obscene damage when you get up the stacks, and most players aren't good enough to figure that out.

**Based finstack with Eblade Shaker.

my motto in dota ranked play is, you live by the random, you die by the random

thanks! would appreciate any feedback! I feel a lot of the time i fall behind as supports...

my motto in dota ranked play is, you live by the random, you die by the random

In that case, continue to buy wards but farm like a semicarry. You clear waves/farm jungle very effectively with poison (especially after you get some mana), so you should be decently farmed if you play greedy. go blink+force and then whatever situational item you need (hex, when in doubt). Play as an initiator and try to get your team to follow up. blink in -> disrupt -> force melee carry in/yourself out -> throw poison for days

Arkanius

I still don't understand how Oracle works
Why can he be a demigod so early on?

(Still haven't seen him in action)
Apparently, he can do large amounts of damage. How?

Pratfall

I still don't understand how Oracle works
Why can he be a demigod so early on?

(Still haven't seen him in action)
Apparently, he can do large amounts of damage. How?

Peep his cool downs, at level 7 he goes invis, flames you, purges you with fortunes end, flames you again: ~570 damage after reduction, while invis and autoattacking you.

Skinpop

is dota or steam broken under mac? Trying to play with my friend on osx but for some reason the game doesn't appear under "library" for him and starting it from the folder does an install thingy then after launching it will crash after a game or two.

The hype for this update might even convince me to start playing again. I can't believe it's been 11 months since I last played regularly, goddamn time flies. It's kinda daunting to come back at this point since so much has changed.

xanavi

Medallion is good on heroes that don't take much damage. Heroes like Visage, or Lycan who deal decent physical damage and can take early rosh also want it.

Medallion gives you 6 armor which means you have a net difference of zero when you activate it so it doesn't really matter if you intend to take damage or not. The problem with buying it on Axe is that you want to spend that 1075g on something else like a blink and urn.

You've got to spend your gold on high impact items early with Axe so you end up running into a situation where it's never really the right time for him to buy a medallion. You'd much rather a teammate pick it up if you're going to need one on the team.

Medallion is good on heroes that don't take much damage. Heroes like Visage, or Lycan who deal decent physical damage and can take early rosh also want it.

its like a poverty item

there are better items to get early on those heroes (blink/blademail or euls/atos) and if youre getting it late, which its poor at anyhow, there are better choices as well (aghs or bloodstone)

like if youre 0/10 at 10 mins and still wanna play go for medallion man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom