• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acinixys

After watching a few youtue videos of the Arcana they REALLY need to tone down the crit particle effect

Its pretty massive and distracting and will cause issues in a big fight imo

jYOi53f.png

The russian version only costs like $23, but it will fluxuate because you can't bet exalted items on Dota2Lounge.

So essentially all the arcana pre-orders are for playing only.

After 7/12 they will not be exalted but at the same time will not be 20% off. Expect another correction if and when the PA arcanas are allowed on D2L for betting.

Damn.. so exalted is actually a worthless tag.. I dig the PA arcana but I have trouble justifying spending roughly $30 on what amounts to be just a bunch of ones and zeroes (even moreso on a hero that I barely play). At the same time, I really dig how it looks...tough decisions (ok maybe not tough but annoying nevertheless).

Quesa

Would anyone be kind and test blademail interaction with Oracle ult? Does it reflect the delayed dmg while its being applied and then a 2nd time when the ult ends?

Also, combos:

Oracle ult +

-Dazzle: Shallow grave the target when ult is about to end

-Abaddon: Use ult when Oracle ult is about to end

-Huskar

-PA

-Terrorblade? (Haven't tested it out yet, but sunder tho)

-Nyx: ALL DAMAGE IS APPLIED IN ONE INSTANCE AFTER ULT. Eziest spiked carapce of my life.

-Ursa: Ensure max dmg with his ult since your hp will always be topped off.

-Storm Spirit: Ball lightning right before ult ends? (dunno if this works, I hear invulnerability doesn't block delayed dmg? Same question about other invulnerability giving heroes also shadow demon)

-Spectre: Wonder if dmg is still reflected by Dispersion?

-Wraith King: With ult you'll never fully die.

Tested some of these:

-shallow grave works as expected

-borrowed time must be activated manually (even if ult is up, if damage would be lethal he will die)

-nyx will not reflect the damage and will take it instead. If carapace is activated during FP it will reflect and stun, but nyx will also take the damage at the end of FP

-blademail never reflects (neither if activated during FP or activated when damage triggers)

-Neither Euls, storm, nor SD will save you from FP damage (which is different than when I tested it earlier)

-Damage disperses normally

One other thing to note is that alch continues to be the worst because he's actually a bad target for FP, since during ult he wants all damage to be taken as desperate instances since he can regen it back.

inkls

Tested some of these:

-shallow grave works as expected

-borrowed time must be activated manually (even if ult is up, if damage would be lethal he will die)

-nyx will not reflect the damage and will take it instead. If carapace is activated during FP it will reflect and stun, but nyx will also take the damage at the end of FP

-blademail never reflects (neither if activated during FP or activated when damage triggers)

-Euls, storm, not SD will save you from FP damage (which is different than when I tested it earlier)

-Damage disperses normally

aww, so many funny videos lost. Thanks for testing it btw.

Damage dispersion, does it reflect the damage before the ult end and does it reflect it again when the ult ends?

I'm legit salty. I don't like seeing my second baby Dusa lose.

Do you guys think if all 5 had just stayed and focused the throne instead of trying to stop a solo WK they win that race? Second rapier was almost to Dusa and they dropped the T4's in seconds.

Because doing what's best for the team is what pub Dota is all about.

This isn't really a good excuse at all. Given the choice between a huge target out of position/stunned/etc, or a Pugna with no mana running away, even the worst players would probably kill the huge target

...unless Pugna was the contract for that game, and now the huge target gets away because PA was off chasing Pugna

Valve shouldn't encourage poor game play decisions with hat rewards.

This isn't really a good excuse at all. Given the choice between a huge target out of position/stunned/etc, or a Pugna with no mana running away, even the worst players would probably kill the huge target

...unless Pugna was the contract for that game, and now the huge target gets away because PA was off chasing Pugna

Valve shouldn't encourage poor game play decisions with hat rewards.

There are tons of idiots that would kill that pugna just for the plus 1 on that sweet k/d.

Overall I think there is still some wrinkle people are mostly missing but who knows.

I'm legit salty. I don't like seeing my second baby Dusa lose.

Do you guys think if all 5 had just stayed and focused the throne instead of trying to stop a solo WK they win that race? Second rapier was almost to Dusa and they dropped the T4's in seconds.

Couldn't have hurt, they were obviously conflicted between backing and going all in, leaving Dusa no choice but to back as well. Even if they had succesfully defended base they'd just be right where they started, should have just gambled on the base race.

All this arcana talk, when is Vengeful Spirit going to have her own Arcana? I'm tired of only not having any crazy particle effects on her skull.

G.ZZZ

MVP playing Void + Sniper combo against Team Tinker, wow.

Also, Sniper was stronger prior to his headshot change.

Totally better. You can't outdps anyone anymore, it's tragic. People just walk in your face and kill you even with your better range, while before they had an hard time attacking because of all the ministuns canceling attack animations. IF nice nerf zzzz

Brewmaster
Earth Spirit
Gyrocopter
Keeper of the Light
Lone Druid
Lycan
Meepo
Ogre Magi
Shadow Demon
Troll Warlord

Cheers :)

You can literally play a 5v5 of all Nolan North characters.

This needs to happen :D

Not sure when I'll be able to use Lone Druid properly, my micro is pretty poor. Don't know how best to keep Druid out of trouble, and close to the bear either. Especially when the bear is faster than him.

I need to equip both with a TPS to get both around the map quickly, right?

Totally better. You can't outdps anyone anymore, it's tragic. People just walk in your face and kill you even with your better range, while before they had an hard time attacking because of all the ministuns canceling attack animations. IF nice nerf zzzz

Yeah, the hero sucked ass before; I couldn't think of anyone less nerf-worthy. Hell, he had a sub-50% pub win%. Literally nobody was bothered by him.

Manus

Cheers :)

This needs to happen :D

Not sure when I'll be able to use Lone Druid properly, my micro is pretty poor. Don't know how best to keep Druid out of trouble, and close to the bear either. Especially when the bear is faster than him.

I need to equip both with a TPS to get both around the map quickly, right?

The bear can be instantly ported to Sylla if it's not taking damage.

5v5 Nolan North heroes vs the guy who did Slardar, Anti-Mage and all those other characters.

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Voice_actors

Dang there are a lot of people who've done like 5+ heroes.

Axe and Kunkka were done by the same guy who did Duke Nukem, amazing.

Fun fact about Jon St. John is that he came to my college for a terrible organized panel that devolved into him doing prank calls with the Duke Nukem voice. We asked him to call a friend as one his Dota heroes, and he said that it had been a while but he'd try. We coached him on Axe and Kunkka, which he abandoned 20 secs into the call to say those guys were pussy nerd shit and just did the Duke Nukem voice.

The End.

Fun fact about Jon St. John is that he came to my college for a terrible organized panel that devolved into him doing prank calls with the Duke Nukem voice. We asked him to call a friend as one his Dota heroes, and he said that it had been a while but he'd try. We coached him on Axe and Kunkka, which he abandoned 20 secs into the call to say those guys were pussy nerd shit and just did the Duke Nukem voice.

The End.

Unsurprising.

The End.

I fucking knew I recognised his name when I was looking at Bloodseeker just now on dotapedia

Pratfall

TJ Ramini does two of my favorite hero voices, Bristle and Timber, and one of my least favorite, Skywrath. At least that speaks to his range.

Chris R

Is Oracle in the game yet? I started steam last night but didn't get an update for Dota 2 while Dragon Age and GTA were installing on my PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom