• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
despite all the losses, thanks to Steve, Face, Haly etc. for the games.

game's super different from League and I am enjoying it, although I realise it's frustrating to play with someone who sucks. At the moment I'm in the stage where I don't really have any idea of what my heroes and my opponents are capable of, so I'm not confident or comfortable with any action I take in the game. Like I know the basic fundamentals but this will probably be a sticking point for me for a while, until I get to grips with what the heroes can and can't do.

or even what their abilities are.

like I dunno what the fuck that Shadow Fiend was doing or why it hurt so much or whatever. There was a point in the game where we were up in kills and seemed to be doing well (?) and then suddenly we were losing and I dunno why or how.

But anyway.

Thanks for the games and for sticking it out with me. Hopefully I'll start to suck less and less :/

I'm sure we'll show signs of improvements by the time we pass the 500 hours played mark. I already had to go through similar shit in LoL, and I'm fairly certain I'm still masochistic enough to go through this process all over again.

Oh, and hi dotagaf. Thanks for the matches Steve and co.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
One day we will get to witness the glory of EE-Sama Support once more:
kFqKKp7.jpg

so in a hypothetical situation in which I get diffusal on PL (of course) but want to get another thing with a passive thing so my main hero can have a certain thing while my illusions get the other thing:

1) I buy the diffusal and later buy a skadi
2) I find a safe place and drop the skadi and the diffusal
3) I pick up the skadi first and then the diffusal, and move the diffusal to the first slot
4) my big boy attacks are skadi and my illusions get diffusal mana burn?

am I understanding that correctly?

What about Maim & Sasha or whatever, I know the passive doesn't carry over but will I need to do the same thing to use that passive ability on my main hero?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
so in a hypothetical situation in which I get diffusal on PL (of course) but want to get another thing with a passive thing so my main hero can have a certain thing while my illusions get the other thing:

1) I buy the diffusal and later buy a skadi
2) I find a safe place and drop the skadi and the diffusal
3) I pick up the skadi first and then the diffusal, and move the diffusal to the first slot
4) my big boy attacks are skadi and my illusions get diffusal mana burn?

am I understanding that correctly?

What about Maim & Sasha or whatever, I know the passive doesn't carry over but will I need to do the same thing to use that passive ability on my main hero?
Yes. Also, Maim isn't an orb any more, don't worry about it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is it bad that I want the fireworks more then the sets from the Prediction Charm? They are amazing, I want more.

like I dunno what the fuck that Shadow Fiend was doing or why it hurt so much or whatever.
You probably know this by now but his three non-ult spells are the same spell with different cast ranges. He also has two passives for D and F and you've probably been blown up by his ult at least once.

Red UFO

I don't understand Faceless Void offlane. Impossible to get *any* gold and if the opposing trilane has a decent stun you're fucked if you get caught out.

Falk

that puzzling face
I don't understand Faceless Void offlane. Impossible to get *any* gold and if the opposing trilane has a decent stun you're fucked if you get caught out.

By conventional cosmic logic backtrack will only work against your favor, so the secret to successful void offlane is to have him on the enemy team.

sixghost

Poor Man's Shield, level 1 backtrack, and decent starting armor make him tanky. Timewalk gives him an escape. Timelock prevents most supports from being able to trade hits with him. He has a huge impact at level 6.

Offlaners aren't supposed to be able to easily get cs or even exp against a trilane. They're supposed to find it when they can, rotate to get runes, and then use their high impact abilities to get things done elsewhere.

Zoon

I am done from dota for at least a month.Last 10 games, 1 win , 9 losses 4 of which a teammate abandonded after feeding.

yarden24

I am done from dota for at least a month.Last 10 games, 1 win , 9 losses 4 of which a teammate abandonded after feeding.

Does this happen way more in US servers? I swear, in almost 2000 games in EUW I've had maybe 5 intentional feeders

52club

Man with the nerfs to early pushes Necro is such a good hero right now. His ult with Ags is such a game changer mid to late game.

Dota has so many exceptions to rules it's hard to keep up.

I remember being shocked that Burrow Strike doesn't go through Linken's even though it's ground target.

aren't there stuns like lions or pre-change nyx's that go through linkens when ground targetted and don't when targetted? burrowstrike doesn't work that way? so odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom