• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
4mC962j.gif
One quaifier down, one more to go.

FWIW....

It's often very bad form to AFK jungle for 10 minutes. Your jungling creates an imbalance to the lanes. The enemy carry is likely free-farming while yours is not, so the team has to get a lot of action out of you as jungler. Bear in mind that Enigma is uniquely effective at ganking at early levels because you get the triple ministun at level 1 or 2 now, so you should always be a threat to their offlaners (or, they should believe you are a threat). Even just showing yourself in the lane once or twice forces them to respect your potential ganking power. Especially if your safelane is losing, it's even more imperative that you're around.

Also, Enigma should be hitting level 6 @ ~5:30-6:30. This makes you one of the highest if not the highest leveled person on your team. At that time, you should really be looking to help get a kill somewhere and turning it into a full-on tower push with your Edilons. Enigma can push a lane and towers even sooner than that, but by 7-8 minutes you should have shown up in a lane, helped get at least 1 kill and put the enemy offlane tower down to half HP or even taking it unless they've rotated supports to compensate.

All that said: again, it's important to feel how the game is going if you're going to jungle because again, the enemy safe carry is probably free farming as a result of your choice to jungle. If your safe lane needs help and your ministun and edilons can be that help (or even if they don't expressly need help, but you can make some kills happen), you have to step up. Getting the enemy offlane tower so that your safe supports can rotate around is imperative so that your solo offlaner won't have to be on an island for 10+ minutes. You getting a 10-minute blink dagger won't mean much if your team has lost multiple lanes. Always save some mana for key abilities and be prepared to make things happen at midlane or (more likely) safelane.

All IMO, of course. So grain of salt, yadayada.

I think every Tiny+Wisp I've seen over the last week has lost without exception. We'll see.

Sorry for the late reply
Maybe I worded it wrong in my post you quoted, I don't mean I waited till after 10 mins had passed to do stuff.

I meant that by the 10 minute mark I already had a kill and 7 assists, had come out to push a t1 tower, come out to gank lane, tped in twice to kill enemies diving my mid and safelane.

I had definitely not afk jungled, I had been super active and had a lot of impact early game.

(I always come help in the lanes if lanes are weak without me, and I don't pick a jungler to begin with if it means the lanes will suck, but sometimes I random or pick a jungler first and then the team will pick weak lanes into that anyhow...)
Sniper didn't die because his lane was weak btw, he was just oblivious to the miss calls and even the icons clearly walking towards his lane on the map, that's also how he fed the courier:p enemy skywrath was at our small camp visible on the map and he walked the courier straight past him)

The guy was just accusing me of the opposite of what I was doing..
I hate it when people just spout random accusations at others out of frustration because they're losing their lane.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Look at this line

RNGesus just did you a favor

I still find it amusing that the shortest line of the entire event was the end of Day 1. Walked right up to the order area.

A Valve guy was saying last year they are going to do a different style, that had you go from line to line for each item. So if you just wanted a shirt, you could skip the other areas and go right to the shirt line. But you couldn't go back to other lines after the fact. I think he said the two biggest bottle necks were taking the order, and then validating the order, and by having lines dedicated to single item types it would reduce the validating significantly.

Spectre
Pugna
Undying
Furion
Ember spirit

-wtf is pretty stupid imo, that means infinite bkb, just that breaks the mode
Unless you ban bkb from it of course, but then there's lots of other items to ban

Anyway source 2 and 6.84 when

Mordeccai

I've just been inspired to make a -wtf lobby when I get home and zip around everywhere as Storm. Should be a good destressor after work.

I barely play Dota these days because the meta is the shittiest in quite a while. Not enjoying it a lot honestly. 43% pickrate on an OP as fuck hero is ridiculous.

"I want *cancerous shit with fotm picks and counterpicking tryhards* without *cancerous fotm picks*"

Sucks for you then. Play AR, CM, CD, SD or RD, just not AP.
I just play AR and AP (and I random in AP) and I'm having fun. Well as long as you don't have a cancerboy calling ff at 10 minutes and feeding on purpose.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't like any of the modes that aren't AP. CM takes way too long and people tryhard as shit. Also, I enjoy picking specific heroes.

AR is like a nice middle ground because there's a good chance you'll get a hero you want but there's also a good chance that the horrible fotm picks wont be there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom