• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

shira

I've been to TI4 and TI5, there's definitely a good chance you can get a ticket at the Key Arena themselves through scalpers. No idea of price, but I'd imagine they'd be lower than usual, especially since I think they redeem the goodie bag first before selling the ticket.

I'd caution against being sure that there's a giant screen for you to watch the matches on however. That wasn't there for TI4. (although granted, there was a food festival happening there during TI4 so they couldn't do it)

IIRC TI5 goodie bags were selling for $100 USD on ebay first day.

xanavi

in 109s gaf the you have to be at least 4k to post

only 3k grammar mmr though
Kappa.png

kvk1

thorin is a fucking moron, but shaq takes that exchange so badly

"the queen can't help you here" really dawg

you really gonna let some scruffy e-sports punk stagger you like that

not a good look

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
but he nerfed space cow when he was like almost 70% winrate

omni will get his shit pushed into his ass

WHAT MEME RIKI BUILD IS BEST BF STACK OR MAELSTORM/MJOLNIR STACK
Mjolnir, battle fury isn't as good since they made the ult not hit creeps.

thorin is a fucking moron, but shaq takes that exchange so badly

"the queen can't help you here" really dawg

you really gonna let some scruffy e-sports punk stagger you like that

not a good look
Shaq is terrible at banter, every time someone makes a joke at his expense at inside the NBA his brain melts.

"FOUR RINGS CHUCK, FOUR RINGS, FOUR RINGS"
"YOU SET ME UP ERNEH, YOU SET ME UP, ERNEH"

A child could outwit him, and one did.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
just played a game that was literally impossible for us to end, against a dusa, tide, necro, bloodseeker, and timbersaw

like they could have defended against megas indefinitely, literally was impossible for us to highground

i don't even feel bad about losing because honestly the game went on for so long and my will to live was so low by the end that i was just happy that it ended

Pratfall

just played a game that was literally impossible for us to end, against a dusa, tide, necro, bloodseeker, and timbersaw

like they could have defended against megas indefinitely, literally was impossible for us to highground

i don't even feel bad about losing because honestly the game went on for so long and my will to live was so low by the end that i was just happy that it ended

what have you learned

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
all yall askin for techies buffs r just like poor ass americans voting republican u dont kno wat u r doin

Hylian7

I think that was balancing around Aui rather than balancing around Pubs. Techies wasn't all that common before that nerf, and just became even less common after.
I would say Techies was definitely a pub balance problem. Most pro teams simply weren't confident in running him, other than Aui of course.

He's like when Meepo was a high level pub terror, and was nerfed accordingly. This was when his ult gave him the magic resistance and reduced respawn time. He was barely picked competitively, but was an obvious pub problem.

I would say Techies was definitely a pub balance problem. Most pro teams simply weren't confident in running him, other than Aui of course.

He's like when Meepo was a high level pub terror, and was nerfed accordingly. This was when his ult gave him the magic resistance and reduced respawn time. He was barely picked competitively, but was an obvious pub problem.

If I remember correctly Techies had remained almost unchanged for quite a bit (other than adding Aghs), and most pub players even non-Aui pro's even played him pretty defensively as part of a 4p1 style strat--Techies draws out the game while Spectre/Medusa/Gyro/AM farm. Aui was the first to really go all in making it a split push hero, and that's when Icefrog slammed the hero to the ground. Techies was annoying in pubs, but I think I lost 1 in 5 games to Techies, compared to a 50/50 for most other heroes. Techies was a menace for the first 10-20 minutes until you smartened up and go Vision everywhere, then it was a 5v4.

does no one remember complexity or secret running techies as well in ti5?

Neither team won the event on the back of a series of Techies bans. Also, coL lost half the games they played Techies, Secret went 2-0 with the hero, but EG swept CDEC in the Group stages with it, and convincingly beat LGD in the main event with it.

BHK3

Banned
I think that was balancing around Aui rather than balancing around Pubs. Techies wasn't all that common before that nerf, and just became even less common after.

Aui was total garbage on techies though, he was given techies because well it's Aui and it was needed for the draft/game plan. Every Omni Nerf, SB's infamous nerfs and Techies nerfs were all because of regular dota and not pro dota.

Aui was total garbage on techies though, he was given techies because well it's Aui and it was needed for the draft/game plan. Every Omni Nerf, SB's infamous nerfs and Techies nerfs were all because of regular dota and not pro dota.

Across the 3 matches he played in TI5 he averaged 434 GPM, 5K/5D/6A, was always in top 3 for Hero Damage, and they won every match. Compare that to zfreek who averaged 390.5 GPM, 8.5K/10D/4A, was normally middle of the pack for damage and went 1/1, or Kruo who averaged 290 GPM, 3K/8.5D/6.5A, was almost always lower to bottom of the hero damage list, and went 2/0.

Aui might have had less kills, but he also had substantially less deaths, and a much greater presence while also doing a metric crapload of damage.

inkls

Across the 3 matches he played in TI5 he averaged 434 GPM, 5K/5D/6A, was always in top 3 for Hero Damage, and they won every match. Compare that to zfreek who averaged 390.5 GPM, 8.5K/10D/4A, was normally middle of the pack for damage and went 1/1, or Kruo who averaged 290 GPM, 3K/8.5D/6.5A, was almost always lower to bottom of the hero damage list, and went 2/0.

Aui might have had less kills, but he also had substantially less deaths, and a much greater presence while also doing a metric crapload of damage.

the hero has a suicide skill. It just means he didn't use it as much

Top Bottom