• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

inkls

While still doing substantially more damage than the others, out farming them, and winning more games. There was a reason a lot of teams respect banned Techies against EG.

teams also respect banned techies vs secret in the group stages hero was banned 25 times in total at ti5. Before ti5, people knew secret as the techies team, not eg. And I'd say teams banned techies in general.

You look up datdota, and most of the game he was in (even ban wise) didn't even have EG as one of the teams. He was just an annoying hero to deal with esp with the tusk combo. Hence, ban him against any team.

Aui's Techies was really good, don't get it twisted. Why the fuck would a then top team like CDEC waste a first round ban on a "bad Techies"? Sure, they were bad against it, but you still need to be a good Techies player to take advantage of that. Techies in 6.84 was strong but it wasn't "win TI games without knowing how to play" strong, no hero ever was.

Aui played Techies as a space creator from what I recall, not a hero killer. He'd scare the opposition from ever feeling comfortable pushing out or diving too deep(or basically going anywhere that wasn't a lane on their side of the river), so all of his teammates could get super farmed and win the game ez.

Just saying, people banned techies alot at ti5, not just because of aui and I think its a weird statement to make that icefrog nerfed him because of that when as you said he didn't play him as a hero killer

http://www.datdota.com/tournament.php?q=451&tournament=The International 2015&p=heroes

picked 8 times, won 7 out of 8. Clearly not super easy to play

Aui's Techies was really good, don't get it twisted. Why the fuck would a then top team like CDEC waste a first round ban on a "bad Techies"? Sure, they were bad against it, but you still need to be a good Techies player to take advantage of that. Techies in 6.84 was strong but it wasn't "win TI games without knowing how to play" strong, no hero ever was.

Aui played Techies as a space creator from what I recall, not a hero killer. He'd scare the opposition from ever feeling comfortable pushing out or diving too deep(or basically going anywhere that wasn't a lane on their side of the river), so all of his teammates could get super farmed and win the game ez.

Even top teams never really realized how strong Techies was(except Secret and EG) so it got nerfed before it really got out of hand(thank fuck). PPD even said he thought Techies was really strong and he didn't understand why players didn't pick it more.

@Inkls, I don't support the opinion that Techies only got nerfed because of pub play, I was just saying the hero wasnt so good that "an awful techies" could get wins at TI with it. Techies was too strong and Techies pickers keep trying to claim that he only got nerfed because of popular opinion or some shit.

inkls

Even top teams never really realized how strong Techies was(except Secret and EG) so it got nerfed before it really got out of hand(thank fuck). PPD even said he thought Techies was really strong and he didn't understand why players didn't pick it more.

Thats a ridiculous statement considering his ban rate

http://www.datdota.com/tournament.php?q=451&tournament=The International 2015&p=draft

20% pick or ban, 15% banned in games overall.

Teams clearly realized how strong techies was

Thats a ridiculous statement considering his ban rate

http://www.datdota.com/tournament.php?q=451&tournament=The International 2015&p=draft

20% pick or ban, 15% banned in games overall.

Teams clearly realized how strong techies was
I wouldn't call 15% ban rate significant at all considering how much damage a Techies could do. I'd wager most of those bans were vs Secret and EG too. His pick rate supports my statement that teams did not realize how strong he really was, he couldn't get shut down by a counterpick or two.

inkls

I wouldn't call 15% ban rate significant at all considering how much damage a Techies could do. I'd wager most of those bans were vs Secret and EG too. His pick rate supports my statement that teams did not realize how strong he really was, he couldn't get shut down by a counterpick or two.

He was banned in almost a fifth of ti5 games. He had around 3 times more bans than picks, how does that not show that team feared it. Leshrac was basically never picked at all, because it was banned. Him never seeing play was teams realizing how strong he was, not them ignoring him.

I'd say he didn't get banned as much because teams were mostly busy banning leshrac, bh, storm, gyro, tusk, shadowfiend, etc during ti5.

Red UFO

Arteezy has talked about 6.84 techies on stream before, saying something about how weird it was it went so ignored when pretty much every pro player was well aware how strong it was.

Quesa

OT tech question: I have a 250GB samsung SSD and want to get a 500GB one (they're on sale). What's the best way to use both of them for storage?

Arteezy has talked about 6.84 techies on stream before, saying something about how weird it was it went so ignored when pretty much every pro player was well aware how strong it was.
I am under the impression some teams have a gentleman's agreement not to use some heroes. Techies seems like one of them.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2268650802

Start of game:
Friend: I'm picking Techies
Me: don't you fucking dare, they have late game, we have none, we're going to lose

Mid Game:
Slayslayslayslay

Late game (we're def. base, 1 rax from megas):
Me: I'm a fucking soothsayer, this is exactly what I said was going to happen. We lose, Techies reported.

15 minutes later:

7dhdP3Q.png

Yes I acknowledged that I was an asshole. Yes I apologized sincerely. Yes I uninstalled Dota 2.

BHK3

Banned

Techies was stupid strong, plant mine in lane, get every cs. Have no fear because of suicide, or their being a tusk behind you. Just because Aui was the least stupid on the Techies doesn't make him a good Techies. I mean shit none of the pros that played Techies even knew how to fucking stack the mines right...He was getting first bans because they didn't want the hero in the game, didn't matter who would play him. I like Techies and find him to be very fun, but as everyone always says, the hero ain't Dota.

Sumail was also a pretty damn medicore storm spirit but he at least eventually turned it into something decent, he would just deathroll in and rack up bloodstone charges without a thought. EG knew how to take advantage of hero strengths without needing the skill for them. Do you really need to know how to play Techies well to be a good space creator? No ones in lane, plant mines take towers booby trap jungle etc.

Also Leshrac WAS the win ti games hero, but he was banned 1000% of the time. Matchmaking play and Icefrog having the (rare)foresight led to Techies getting dumpstered.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
i am retiring from dota i only play hots now

i will main arthas, sonya, and greymane, c u guys at hots world championships 2017

pompidu

All this techie talk is bringing back nightmares, almost ruined this game for me.

Dumbest hero to ever be added to the game.

H3xum

It can't be coincidence that I have a 25+% higher winrate on EUW compared to USE. My ping is literally 3x higher but still, more W's

Also, I have a 0% winrate when I have guys with chinese characters as their name on my squad

Quesa

Today's the day

Imma do a role call

who can play?

Yo Quesa can you link me with the schedule for today? I need to know when I'm supposed to be available so I don't find myself busy.ty

GDoc

Starts at 2pm central, matches start from top to bottom. 2/3 till GF unless we have more people drop and we have time.

Top Bottom