• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Quesa

Looking through moblin's post history and I'm not sure what got them banned.

Too iconic to live, I guess

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
All of Dotagaf gon be perm'd soon. This thread actually somehow deadder than Dota 2.

ill play some elder titan tonight for this occasion

me 2
BibleThump.png

shira

I had someone from Turkey randomly add me, I thought they were gonna scam me for items. Instead I have ascended.

TBWHt5c.png

Hello it's me your fan. Nice-ah!!!

I'mma try and make a subreddit. /r/TIfaq
So far I made a:
- FAQ on how to buy TI tickets
- FAQ on Where to stay in Seattle

To anyone who has been to seattle/TI attendees gimme some impressions of your past lodgings:
Lodging name: Seattle Westin
approximate cost/night: $250
Recommend to others: no, too expensive and the wifi was shit
best parts/worst parts: Room service is really good and it's a prime location downtown

kionedrik

Goddamit Moblin...

If I was watching these chinese games without knowing who was playing I'd think they were pubs... How the mighty have fallen...

shira

Guys, I'm scared what if I don't get tickets?

I wrote a guide

No ticket - what to do now?
- You can press F5 everyday for the next 48 hours in hopes of getting a refunded ticket
- If money is no object buy them off eBay, Craig's List, Stubhub or your local scalper, there will be several professional scalpers that sell tickets 3-5x the original price. This is their job, they know there are people who don't want to fuss and will pay anything. Just be aware like any transaction there are scammers, flakers, and idiots.

Or wait . .
- The price drops with time as scalpers do not want to be stuck with a ticket that has no value so prices drop the closer you get to August
- Valve stealth released a 3rd wave of tickets a month before TI5 at the original price
- Tickets dropped steadily on Craig's List and reddit until the event at which point people were giving away tickets or selling them for less than the original cost. This has happened at TI4 and TI5 simply because the travel and lodging cost make it very expensive and difficult to book at the last minute and life happens: friends bail, internships, clerical errors, unforseen circumstances
- If you are deadset on attending TI6 you could look into securing cheap or cancel-friendly lodging and airfare/travel now, there is a decent chance that there will be tickets available at or below cost if you are physically in Seattle August 8-13. Even if you can't get a ticket there is a perfectly comfortable grassy knoll with a giant big screen with free wifi beside Key Arena availble to all.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
2bear made a garbage bait thread and moblin fell for it. A mod must have took exception to him shitting on his precious warcraft 3. Sad times all around in my opinion. What world do we live in that we can't levy some fully justified criticism against Blizzards overrated shit without running afoul of The Authority. Sad times indeed.

edit: on LiQuid!'s GAF 2bear would have been perm'd for making that awful thread tbh

#freemoblin

inkls

in inkls' gaf everyone would be mods and they would have the ability to ban other mods and there would be an automated mod that would ban you if you used certain keywords. Also avatars would be randomly swapped during the day.
invoker-romance.gif

Hylian7

I've been to TI4 and TI5, there's definitely a good chance you can get a ticket at the Key Arena themselves through scalpers. No idea of price, but I'd imagine they'd be lower than usual, especially since I think they redeem the goodie bag first before selling the ticket.

I'd caution against being sure that there's a giant screen for you to watch the matches on however. That wasn't there for TI4. (although granted, there was a food festival happening there during TI4 so they couldn't do it)

They actually said in the blog post that the giant screen on the lawn will be there like last year.

Top Bottom