• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

I like how they didn't even add a keybind for the radar as well. Have to manually bind one.
Aren't there lol and hots female pros?

No spell effects shooting on the floor? TI gets the best toys
Extra features are possible. This mockup is just to show the layout.

inkls

the only female lol pros i remember were team siren and them being pros was so controversial because their rank average was like the equivalent of 3-4k mmr iirc (whats the dota 2 equivalent of gold?)

Twookie

Aren't there lol and hots female pros?

I think the only female lol pro quit some time ago due to stage freight, no idea about hots.
csgo has a quite a lot of female players I think, forexample team secret has a female cs team.
I remember seeing a women only cs tournament some time ago

scan should be an item with a user-based cooldown that also gives mana regen and blink for ~1/3 of blink dagger range

coming 6.89, I've been right before just try and @ me

Honestly, they should disable the scan in lower MMR. There are no rotations or smoke ganks.

Nah, that's like saying you should disable wards in lower MMR since no one buys them, or disabling the fortify button.

One of the strongest attractions to Dota for me is the purity of competition. Unlike games like LoL with power locked behind grind/money (see Runes/Champion choices), Dota has everything game play affecting unlocked and ready for use at the start. All you bring with you in each match is your skill, nothing else. To disable certain things if you're not a certain MMR splits the game into a "skilled" and "not skilled" category for little discernible gain, and just makes crossing the skilled/not skilled gap even harder.

Hylian7

Honestly, they should disable the scan in lower MMR. There are no rotations or smoke ganks.
They should also disable wards there, since no one buys them.

I'm still getting used to the fact that scan is a thing now, and keep forgetting it's there. I have to wonder, did they always plan that little box on the minimap for something like this or did they just put it there years ago thinking one day it would be used for something.

shira

160427165451-carly-fiorina-ted-cruz-04272016-indianapolis-overlay-tease.jpg

They should also disable wards there, since no one buys them.

I'm still getting used to the fact that scan is a thing now, and keep forgetting it's there. I have to wonder, did they always plan that little box on the minimap for something like this or did they just put it there years ago thinking one day it would be used for something.

Nah, that's like saying you should disable wards in lower MMR since no one buys them, or disabling the fortify button.

One of the strongest attractions to Dota for me is the purity of competition. Unlike games like LoL with power locked behind grind/money (see Runes/Champion choices), Dota has everything game play affecting unlocked and ready for use at the start. All you bring with you in each match is your skill, nothing else. To disable certain things if you're not a certain MMR splits the game into a "skilled" and "not skilled" category for little discernible gain, and just makes crossing the skilled/not skilled gap even harder.

You get a few wards once the support finishes blink dagger or aghs/arcane boots.

Is it normal for people to not use all the bans in the ban phase? I played a match in which only I and two other people voted...thus one hero was banned..

TUSR

Banned
I wonder if the Dota team is collecting data on AP bans to use for balancing, or if its just a quality of life change for queuing.

Wok

I am debating the question of going abyssal blade or heart of tarrasque on a WK who would already have:
- armlet
- blink
- echo sabre
- radiance
- some boots, be it power treads or travel boots.

Heart looks like the superior item, but basher/abyssal synergizes with echo sabre. Which item would you go? Of course, BKB situational.

Edit: Maybe, in the end, sell armlet to be able to get both abyssal and heart? Something like this guide that I found on Dotabuff (with heart instead of aegis):

I am using it to see if:
- people are waiting outside rosh pit,
- people are farming ancients or jungle,
- bounty hunter is were I think he is.

It is a really cool tool, especially at low MMR when there is no ward if you don't buy them yourself.

It is the same quality of life improvement as the side shop: if there is no courier, you can still build lots of items, including treads, blink, oblivion staff, and almost all armlet.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
There weren't any clan features in the game as of the closed beta. Would be cool.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Took a short break of no dota (one week). time to spam lich

Top Bottom