• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
https://www.livecap.tv/t/wagamamatv/ubFvAWCEcgL

Seems a bit insane.

I played a match with Venge yesterday and was swapping people from their highground and then bouncing them right back into my team when they tried running back up the ramp
Ki0PD46.gif

Really good item but seems a bit too powerful on heroes like TA, who can just meld strike you from miles away.

hmm

this feelsa lot bigger than that to me

Did you pick up that Lightning Spear in Sen's Fortress? It's stronger than most items you get to that point in addition to surprisingly many foes being vulnerable to lightning. I don't like the item that much and usually stuck to my Claymore but it's pretty good regardless. On top of Sen's Fortress you can also get the Balder Side Sword via farming which I consider among the best weapons in the game.

If you are having trouble with the golems, I suggest you run through their legs, hit them and repeat that.

Percentage based movement speed changes stack additively, so with max level poison attack and skadi viper slows enemies by 40+35=75%. This means heroes with 400 or below movespeed get brought down to the minimum movespeed of 100.

Unless Viper is super farmed, Skadi sounds like very little damage. Just TP the fuck out which I already always do when possible vs. Viper, Veno, Unying and the likes.

aeolist

Banned
Did you pick up that Lightning Spear in Sen's Fortress? It's stronger than most items you get to that point in addition to surprisingly many foes being vulnerable to lightning. I don't like the item that much and usually stuck to my Claymore but it's pretty good regardless. On top of Sen's Fortress you can also get the Balder Side Sword via farming which I consider among the best weapons in the game.

If you are having trouble with the golems, I suggest you run through their legs, hit them and repeat that.

lightning miracles are really good at that point too

are you having issues with the golems or silver knights?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
lightning miracles are really good at that point too

are you having issues with the golems or silver knights?

all of them

tho i did just upgrade my weapon a bit

i'm mostly having difficulties with evading attacks since half of the thrusting attacks that enemies make track you now

all of them

i'm mostly having difficulties with evading attacks since half of the thrusting attacks that enemies make track you now

In that case, reduce your equip load to <25% to have the fastest roll. Armor value is virtually irrelevant in the game (the only important stat being "poise"). There is an incredibly OP item named "Dark Wood Grain Ring" that makes evading a breeze. I'm not sure if you can access it just yet though.

aeolist

Banned
all of them

like imp said the golems are pretty easy if you stay between their legs. they do a big shield press attack that can hit you there but it's very telegraphed.

the silver knights are way easier if you learn to parry them. as far as the archers go it's just a pain, stick to cover when you can and keep your shield up. when you're dodging greatarrows consider using a greatshield, they have way higher poise than normal shields and it's easier to block without getting knocked backwards off the walkway or stunned.

GOAT single player game by the way. Along with Baldur's Gate 2 and Morrowind perhaps. In terms of pure game mechanics Bloodborne beats it but the sum of DaS' parts is like the ultimate video game.

Yes, Bloodborne might well have the best mechanics in an RPG (which I consider these games to be; various Platinum games might have mechanics as good or better) to date. I certainly have never played an RPG better in that department .

Arol

Just saw the invites to the Manila Major. Kinda surprised Valve went with 12 to be honest.

I was hoping to start seeing a move towards less invites and more towards qualifiers and teams earning that spot. Kind feel that's how other teams were able to even get popular or even make runs at their respective tournaments they qualified for (MVP, CDEC, OG).

I get that Valve wants to make 3rd party tournaments mean something, but I feel you actually have to win them instead of just having high placements to earn a spot.

Feels more like a business/money decision than a DOTA one.

52club

With buff on WK to crit on creeps saber really ramps up his farm rate. Plus addresses any mana issues of casting his one spell while still having mana pool for ult. My guess is saber gets nerfed slightly.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Practice parrying with the silver knights.

Don't listen to these lies. I've played 400 hours worth of Souls games and I'm here to tell you parrying is a myth perpetrated by elitist Souls fans that are desperate for things to hold over your head to prove that they are better than you.

alot of people are pissed that 12 teams got invited instead of 8. Like nahaz and the ungrateful tobi.
Giving lan winners/semi finalists priority is great.

Feels more like a business/money decision than a DOTA one.
Giving 3rd party LANs more weight is not a "money" decision

Arol

I don't know if you can edit Twitter but his tweet now is just "Why do I even bother"

alot of people are pissed that 12 teams got invited instead of 8. Like nahaz and the ungrateful tobi.

Giving 3rd party LANs more weight is not a "money" decision

Probably not the right word, something I'm not very good at, I apologize for that.

I agree that third party LANs should have meaning, especially for the Winner of the LAN, but I don't necessarily agree with semi-finalists/top placements. Just looking at the EU/CIS qualifiers feels like they should have given some of those teams more than 1 spot to try to qualify.

shira

yGYB57G.png

EG media day: https://youtu.be/dBkxN8eoKnA

I agree that third party LANs should have meaning, especially for the Winner of the LAN, but I don't necessarily agree with semi-finalists/top placements. Just looking at the EU/CIS qualifiers feels like they should have given some of those teams more than 1 spot to try to qualify.

Wait for TI invites. It's the exact same scenario.

The same teams are invited to all the major LANs +/- a few outliers. If you are a new team or unsponsored it's almost impossible to get to TI6 unless you win the open qualifiers.
Even VP with their 100 million dollar cash infusion and half million dollar tournament are not getting a direct invite

kionedrik

I have my reservations on the subject tbh. For instance, what has OG done in these past months that grants them a spot? I like them all as players and the team as a whole but honestly they seem to be under-performing.

4 spots for qualifiers seems too low. 8 invites and 8 qualifiers seemed like the good spot, reward the best performers at the time and give a fair chance to other teams to show what they're worth on the big stage.

Arol

Why would anyone care?

I think personalities care because it's part of their livelihood.

You talk about them, post on forums, check YouTube, social media, Twitch, etc etc. At least in my opinion.

I'd like to think the average player doesn't care. Personally, I'm not going to lose sleep over it and I'm going to enjoy Manila immensely.

I would just have liked to have seen some CIS teams ( Empire, Vega, Polarity, Spirit) and No Diggity have a better shot at qualifying.

shira

https://twitter.com/TobiWanDOTA/status/725337793694720001 said:
Toby Dawson
&#8207;@TobiWanDOTA
WOOT! I will be doing my first ever events at the @BeyondTheSummit studio. #ManilaMajor Qualifier -I fly in 14hrs :)

LOL creepy tobi in LA

Wok

WK is the monster of this patch. Tome of Intelligence for easy level 6.

Blink + Armlet + Echo Sabre to steam roll everyone... while being able to flash farm the jungle.

jcOlP97.png

Then Radiance / Abyssal / Heart.

Patch 6.87 is the return of STR carry heroes.

shira

Weplay 3 LAN: Empire replaces Liquid due to sickness stemming from ESL Manila

But where is Ayesee, the Earth Spirit of casters?

He's going to be there. Pretty much the only people missing are cap, durka, danalee, llama, xyclopzz and basskip. I don't know those Dreamleague casters like Shane and friends

CgvqdPwUkAAKn-b.jpg

edit: Blitz confirmed

Top Bottom