• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Weplay 3 LAN: Empire replaces Liquid due to sickness stemming from ESL Manila

He's going to be there. Pretty much the only people missing are cap, durka, danalee, llama, xyclopzz and basskip. I don't know those Dreamleague casters like Shane and friends

CgvqdPwUkAAKn-b.jpg

edit: Blitz confirmed

I thought I've seen this before. Is this revised?

Sibylus

Banned
Skywrath Mage retains his innate 1.6x Int bonus damage on his Q, right? Has someone run the maths on how much a damage boost the additional passive Int scaling adds?

So just out of curiosity... If I wanted to play around a permanently flying winter wyvern, what items and build order would make the most sense?

On the other hand I'm pretty sad that some form of perma flying didn't go to batrider first, but oh well.

Sibylus

Banned
So just out of curiosity... If I wanted to play around a permanently flying winter wyvern, what items and build order would make the most sense?

On the other hand I'm pretty sad that some form of perma flying didn't go to batrider first, but oh well.
http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Mana#Mana_regeneration_granting_items

Rod of Atos, Shiva's Guard, Orchid, and Sheepstick on paper offer a lot of mana regen and mana. Also the most cost-efficient for those stats out of the list.

Deadly

I thought I've seen this before. Is this revised?
If it's for the actual event, no way it's real. GrantGrant and Charlie are strange choices. Charlie is probably busy babysitting for his team while GrantGrant at an actual event is kinda unbelievable. He's obviously doing the NA qualifiers though.

Twookie

If it's for the actual event, no way it's real. GrantGrant and Charlie are strange choices. Charlie is probably busy babysitting for his team while GrantGrant at an actual event is kinda unbelievable. He's obviously doing the NA qualifiers though.

I don't think that's for the official event, I think it's for the qualifiers that noone is being paid to cast or would cast. I might be wrong though, but I think that is it

Skywrath Mage retains his innate 1.6x Int bonus damage on his Q, right? Has someone run the maths on how much a damage boost the additional passive Int scaling adds?

If my math is correct, the formula for arcane bolt damage is (base damage + int * 1.6 damage) * ((100 + int / 16) / 100). Here are some comparisons of arcane bolt damage before and after the patch.

Lvl 1 skywrath (27 int), lvl 1 arcane bolt:
103.2 -> 104.9, 1.6% increase

Lvl 6 skywrath with magic wand (49 int), lvl 1 arcane bolt:
138.4 -> 142.6, 3.0% increase

Lvl 11 skywrath with magic wand and rod of atos (97 int), lvl 4 arcane bolt:
275.2 -> 291.9, 6.1% increase

Lvl 16 skywrath with magic wand, rod of atos and aether lens (117 int), lvl 4 arcane bolt:
331.8 -> 345.0, 4.0% increase

Lvl 25 skywrath with magic wand, rod of atos, aether lens and scythe of vyse (202.4 int), lvl 4 arcane bolt:
479.3 -> 552.2, 9.0% increase

Remember that everyone's health has gone up by ~5% as well.

shira

I don't think that's for the official event, I think it's for the qualifiers that noone is being paid to cast or would cast. I might be wrong though, but I think that is it

Yeah, but I think they are getting paid. There are a lot of flights and hotels there

Black switched teams....again!
I am starting to believe that he is really toxic

Looks like they shuffled the 8k GH out and brought in some EU 7k's

elab
Rajjix Roy Rajji
Black^ Dominik Reitmeier
Cbs Charbel Merhej
mdL Alperen Arslan
GH Maroun Merhej

HWA Gaming
Dominik "Black^" Reitmeier
​Selim "Neqroman" Oynar
Denmark Jon "13abyKnight" Andersen
​Alperen "mdL" Arslan
​Kürşat "Sjok" Alkan

W7loUYT.gif

gai_shain

WK is the monster of this patch. Tome of Intelligence for easy level 6.

Blink + Armlet + Echo Sabre to steam roll everyone... while being able to flash farm the jungle.

jcOlP97.png

Then Radiance / Abyssal / Heart.

Patch 6.87 is the return of STR carry heroes.

If you arent lvl6 by minute 10 I have some bad news for you

If you arent lvl6 by minute 10 I have some bad news for you

I think Tome should be an item carries buy for their poor starved supports to help them catch up/reach crucial level 11 ult upgrade, but honestly it's going to be the other way around in pubs.

"Report Lich, he didn't buy me a tome of experience"

Would make support Riki/Wraith King etc transition to a core later on easier.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
forcing people to see patch notes isn't enough. i just played a game where every single scan my team used was on the rosh pit.

Sibylus

Banned
Yeah, but I think they are getting paid. There are a lot of flights and hotels there

Looks like they shuffled the 8k GH out and brought in some EU 7k's

elab
Rajjix Roy Rajji
Black^ Dominik Reitmeier
Cbs Charbel Merhej
mdL Alperen Arslan
GH Maroun Merhej

HWA Gaming
Dominik "Black^" Reitmeier
​Selim "Neqroman" Oynar
Denmark Jon "13abyKnight" Andersen
​Alperen "mdL" Arslan
​Kürşat "Sjok" Alkan

W7loUYT.gif
Wait, what's the scoop? Notable team finally has a woman on it?

Top Bottom