• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
You idiot EE.

Newbee going to win this event with no losses i think.

Nah, Secret are going to 2-1 any minute now
wink.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
new new new secret have done nothing but underwhelm so far.....what is the point of an all star team if they post no star results

new new new secret have done nothing but underwhelm so far.....what is the point of an all star team if they post no star results

I haven't see much of them but in my opinion, skill-wise there is very little difference between most players on the very top of Dota. I honestly think it comes down to chemistry and having a patch that suits the heroes your players are comfortable with more than to individual skill. There are 12 mil players out there and hardly 30-50 pros one would know by name. Clearly they should all be incredibly close in skill. Perhaps, Secret suffers from the problem of players surprisingly not working out together as in not being on the same page or having issues distributing farm between two greedy players and having the others make space for them? Perhaps its not their meta. I'm not sure as I don't spectate them much and I honestly don't care too much about pro players either but being an "all star" team seems meaningless to me frankly. If you are a top 40 player out of 12 mil players, the #10 is unlikely to be noticeably better than you.

No other tier 2 team that Newbee played online during their streak you mean

Holy shit I finally just looked at their streak. 8 wins against CDEC Youth, and 15 wins in an online qualifier doesn't sound as amazing I suppose.

RTZ is a great solo player but much like black^ forces teams to play a style that doesn't work for them. Secret has only beaten ehome at ESL Manila since they picked up RTZ, and I expect them to be bottom half of the pack for the Manila Major.

inkls

Honestly,

some people should not be allowed within a 2 Kilometer radius of an archival vault.

You give them a document/company policy/crash course of what to keep or not and they just ignore it. They either:

-Get rid of EVERYTHING even important/vital documents.
-Keep EVERYTHING even like triple copies of a single document, random notes, printouts of their emails, etc.
-Decide that they should make their own rules and organize things with their personal system so that basically almost no one apart from them has any idea where their stuff is and every couple of weeks/months they change how they organize the new files they get so you got multiple classification systems and notation spread accross a single person. Then they leave/retire and their replacement is stuck with a labyrinthian organization of files that you have to all reorganize and relabel before archiving and thats if you catch it before it gets in there.

I don't think people realize how much data they generate every year, even digitally. Its even more obnoxious when in paper form.

Someone had 5 boxes of the same rulebook, how the hell did they manage to get that many personal copies.

Someone who was in charge of recording meetings wrote down the name of the committee changing the name by one or two words every meeting over 10 years of files as if they had a gotten a thesaurus as a gift and wanted to try it out as much as they could.

Someone randomly changed how they numbered their files throuhout the same project starting with 1-10 then A-Z, then 1.1-1.2 and then roman numerals.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Honestly,

some people should not be allowed within a 2 Kilometer radius of an archival vault.

You give them a document/company policy/crash course of what to keep or not and they just ignore it. They either:

-Keep EVERYTHING even like triple copies of a single document, random notes, printouts of their emails, etc.
-Decide that they should make their own rules and organize things with their personal system so that basically almost no one apart from them has any idea where their stuff is and every couple of weeks/months they change how they organize the new files they get so you got multiple classification systems and notation spread accross a single person. Then they leave/retire and their replacement is stuck with a labyrinthian organization of files that you have to all reorganize and relabel before archiving and thats if you catch it before it gets in there.

I don't think people realize how much data they generate every year, even digitally. Its even more obnoxious when in paper form.

Someone had 5 boxes of the same rulebook, how the hell did they manage to get that many personal copies.

Someone who was in charge of recording meetings wrote down the name of the committee changing the name by one or two words every meeting over 10 years of files as if they had a gotten a thesaurus as a gift and wanted to try it out as much as they could.

Someone randomly changed how they numbered their files throuhout the same project starting with 1-10 then A-Z, then 1.1-1.2 and then roman numerals.

the historians in my department basically all pop boners when they go to archives......buncha weirdos

kvk1

Honestly,

i think you'd have an aneurysm if you worked for our federal government

inkls

the historians in my department basically all pop boners when they go to archives......buncha weirdos

To be fair Universities/College archives generally have some pretty amazing stuff. The archives of my college had a first edition of a 1700's book.

When I was doing temp work in there I found the original course course proposition document for my department and it was the only copy so we promptly added it to the archives. My teachers were ecstatic.

When I went to McGill University as part of a field trip. They had a digitization project going on and one of the material they had digitized was Isaac Newton's diary. It was really cool except that your brain keeps sending spelling error messages because of how different English was in that time.

i think you'd have an aneurysm if you worked for our federal government

Probably not for the national archives, but any employee documentation, yeah

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
New pokemon game is doubling down on all the awful forced camera perspective horseshit that made me hate the last 2 generations. I actually just give up with that franchise.

Top Bottom