• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

The VR "room" around is a good idea.... but for the spectating itself... just a virtual screen and a 2d map ? It should look like AirMech VR ffs... it's like making a VR chess game looking like

Yeah it's sort of a cop out to use the minimap hero sprites on the 2D map. If they enriched it to have more 3D models, like how they have the towers, then it would be perfect. Little 3D heroes, Rosh, runes, scaled down creep models. I imagine it would be too intense to have the entire map be in 3D, but I'd gladly sacrifice the showcase statues on the left and right for a better viewing experience.

elyetis

It's Valve. Give them time.
Sure, but it's Valve, and I probably only have someting like 50 to 60 more years to live..

It's really not that I don't like what I see.. what's around the room is a fun idea.. but harSon comparison with Virtual Desktop doesn't feel really wrong.. it really look more like what I already did with Virtual Desktop with my DK2, than what it could really be.
I can't be the only one who think that this :
1459878179-airmech-command-oculus-rift2.png

is what should be in the middle of that room ( but well... with dota 2 ) .
Also, table top games with room scale and touch will be winning.
You preach to a converted, Tabletop simulator getting VR&motion control support is all I can think about when it comes to VR.

I still want a hero design that uses gold as a resource. Not like Gambler or Alchemist but I'm not sure how you'd pull it off.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus are you guys wizards? Can't wait to get home!

Hylian7

Honestly, I've never understood why the CM UI has never been updated once. The CM UI is exactly the same as it's been since TI1 in beta.

I know "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", but come on, this game is out to the masses now. It's not just a small number of pro teams playing now. It could really use an update to bring it up to the standards of the rest of the game's UI.

Honestly, I've never understood why the CM UI has never been updated once. The CM UI is exactly the same as it's been since TI1 in beta.

I know "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", but come on, this game is out to the masses now. It's not just a small number of pro teams playing now. It could really use an update to bring it up to the standards of the rest of the game's UI.
I think they just forgot about it since most players don't play CM and I haven't heard the pros complain about it either(which makes sense since they have no communication issues).

That "new" UI is a bit unclear(especially the pick and ban stuff on the left looks bad) but the ideas are all good.

harSon

Banned
just realized star wars force awakens on dvd today Kreygasm time to rewatch in HD surround sound boys

When are they releasing the 3D Bluray? I'm not watching it again until I can watch it on my 150" projector screen + surround sound system in 3D.

Top Bottom