• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Noted. But what do I do when I'm offlane Slardar and getting marginally close to creep waves results in my dying or getting harassed to 50 hp and my 6k mid starts calling me 4K trash.

I don't want to be 4k trash. :(

I ended that game with 5000 fucking hero damage. ���� I even lost to Lumi yesterday.

you buy an iron talon and go to the hard camp, but im not much of a slardar picker or offlaner anyhow

Wok

How do you stop a Juggernaut with boots of travel and manta (to dodge stuns) who relentlessly rat your T3 and cyclones to teleport away? Buy abyssal and try to stop him?

spk

Are skill brackets not showing up for anyone with YASP/Dotabuff listings? Is it due to the battlepass calibration?

Mohasus

I like to ban bounty hunter so I don't have to buy sentries.

Also, vulkan support is coming next week and no one is talking about it here.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
How do you stop a Juggernaut with boots of travel and manta (to dodge stuns) who relentlessly rat your T3 and cyclones to teleport away? Buy abyssal and try to stop him?

make sure all ur lanes are pushed before committing to a high-ground push

have heroes like bm, bane, venge, or batrider on ur team

I like to ban bounty hunter so I don't have to buy sentries.

Also, vulkan support is coming next week and no one is talking about it here.

I dont understand the significance of vulkan
pup.gif

yarden24

Noted. But what do I do when I'm offlane Slardar and getting marginally close to creep waves results in my dying or getting harassed to 50 hp and my 6k mid starts calling me 4K trash.

I don't want to be 4k trash. :(

I ended that game with 5000 fucking hero damage. ���� I even lost to Lumi yesterday.

it's not dota if someone somewhere doesn't call you trash

I like it when Russians call me a 4k animal.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I am playing like hot garbage at the moment, I guess that is what happens when not playing for months then jumping right back into the 5k bracket.

Relentless feeding is the right word...
blush.gif
All my reactions just feel so slow

It is plain clear that juke spots are far easier to see in the new map.

Edit: Phoenix with lag is great. Feels good missing all your spirits and missing sunray targets.

pompidu

I don't expect huge changes in mmr for people unless they haven't played ranked in a long time and have improved alot.

I would be shocked if I don't calibrate higher. I calibrated at 2050 over a year ago. Have maybe played one ranked game since then, not including the international MMR games.

Curious to see how other people recalibrated.

inkls

I would be shocked if I don't calibrate higher. I calibrated at 2050 over a year ago. Have maybe played one ranked game since then, not including the international MMR games.

Curious to see how other people recalibrated.

you can get an idea from looking at the skill bracket from dotabuff matches and checking player profiles in unranked to check mmr (should be accurate unless they're in a stack).

I too enjoy blowing an ultimate on a 80mana cost bkb.

If the hero needed to purchase a bkb, then without it he/she probably would die or be easily kited. If you make them waste most of their optimal fighting time by locking them down while their bkb is up, then unless their team ruins your day its a victory. If you get a kill then even better.

gai_shain

Sorry to ask something obvious, but, is there a "recalibration" of MMR?
I don't want to lose my hard earned (see: spammed cheap heroes) 4k ._.

Theres seasonal mmr with the new battle pass, if you play enough games there you can choose to replace your "normal" mmr with the season mmr after TI I think.

I couldnt have calibrated higher than I am currently anyway but it was interesting to see

Dylan

I am pretty sure one could play Necrolight with a controller and still be okay

One of my favourite things to say when I'm not playing particularly well in solo queue is "Sorry guys, it's real tough over here as I'm playing with an xbox 360 controller."

The rage.

Top Bottom