• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Yang
invoker-gdlk.gif

First time in about 6 months that I've paid r/dota a visit I think and I almost threw up. Children communicating via unfunny memes exclusively these days, eh? Terrible. Glad I was there when it was worth the visit in like 2013.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
At least I reached rank 60 in oversalt unlike this shit game of dota
not sure I even like playing comp OW after tonight

I honestly don't even know who wins the wildcards at this rate

Complexity/Execration/Escape/VGR/Ehome

All tier bad teams with zero chance

Is it just 1 team from the Wildcard or 2? If it's just 1 wouldn't they end with 15 teams (6 Direct, 2 per regional [8 total], and 1 wildcard) which makes for a weird bracket--unless they are going to do like bottom 3 from group stages gets eliminated, next 4 Lower Bracket, top 8 get to Upper Bracket.

EDIT: Valve says 16 teams so 2 teams must advance from the Wildcard. My money is on coL and ESC.

EDIT 2: Liquipedia confirms it's basically the same as the regional playoffs--top 2 teams advance.

Vade

Where does this supposed swidlez/ROTK rivalry come from? First I've heard of it.

They're both very identical. Both passionate captains with good leadership and trashtalking skills, plays exact same role(offlaner) with similar comfort heroes(tide/ds), bad laning skills. Both of them go 0-2 0-3 0-4 under 10 mins on tide a lot in games lol. Both care more about NA/China Dota than winning.

Deadly

Where does this supposed swidlez/ROTK rivalry come from? First I've heard of it.

After the Shanghai major, swindlezz tweeted how the Chinese teams were lacking in practice and were all bad and then ROTK posted on weibo how he'd retire if he didn't beat that "retarded Col captain" at TI6.

Jadax

If we get a side patch soon, the summit should be quite interesting since the pros will still be learning things. Would provide interesting plays and analysis.

Highly doubt that'll happen though - can't imagine it going down well with the players.

I can't remember exactly how it was last year, but didn't Valve hold out on a patch till after the TI when we were so close?

the other reason is techies buffs

you have my sword

also I'm surprised SB isn't picked much with LS, combos well and disables through BKB

maybe buffing aghs aoe would do it idk

also everyone has been perched for CK to become cancer for a while now and he hasn't slipped into regular pro rotation yet, the next buff might be scary

and ogre needs more love :(

also everyone has been perched for CK to become cancer for a while now and he hasn't slipped into regular pro rotation yet, the next buff might be scary

CK just feels kinda awkward to play and whenever he has to play the farm game he's just lacking.

But that -5 armor change for his crit was a pretty massive buff.

Alright, I started playing normal ranked mode again instead of international one and it's apparent that the high end MMR players are mostly not touching international ranked. I only got like 30% internation ranked games at average MMR above 5000 and now I'm playing 5.7-6k averages.

According to YASP my last game was in the top 0.13% of games played (99.87% - 5954). And damn it, most people are so good. But it's actually nice to have more evenly skilled players.

To think that there's people who're 2-3k MMR above that is kinda hard to imagine.

Wok

Alright, I started playing normal ranked mode again instead of international one and it's apparent that the high end MMR players are mostly not touching international ranked. I only got like 30% internation ranked games at average MMR above 5000 and now I'm playing 5.7-6k averages.

According to YASP my last game was in the top 0.13% of games played (99.87% - 5954). And damn it, most people are so good. But it's actually nice to have more evenly skilled players.

To think that there's people who're 2-3k MMR above that is kinda hard to imagine.

The way YASP determines the percentile is flawed: the average MMR of the game is based on the known MMR of players taking part in the game and the percentile corresponds to this average value. Imagine there is one guy who is 6k (known) in a stack of lower but unknown MMR, and that other MMR are unknown, the percentile will be the one of the 6k player. You will think the game is super high level, when actually maybe two people are.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Do you have to get three stars on every quest to unlock alternative styles or just three star a path to the final one?

Just three stared the Clinkz one but was disappointed when it did not unlock the style :(

DrPizza

Banned
Do you have to get three stars on every quest to unlock alternative styles or just three star a path to the final one?

Just three stared the Clinkz one but was disappointed when it did not unlock the style :(

All of them. I have one more quest to 3* in Clinkz, and I think 2 more in Windrunner, but still a bunch to go for Ursa.

BHK3

Banned

pros dropped international ranked like day 1, all the high level players know to do ranked all pick because thats the largest pool

Is there anywhere I can see the alternative styles, this is the first I've heard of it.

Click on the path you want (Spellbinder for WindRunner, etc). At the end of the path there is a preview of the set, with a magnifying glass icon if you hover over it. Click on that, it should show you the set in preview mode. In the bottom left ( just below the base of the pedestal of the character) there is a thing that says "2 Styles". Click the dots to switch between the styles for the sets.

Top Bottom