• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus Z170-E ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($85.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory ($66.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($64.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.49 @ OutletPC)
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($43.99 @ Directron)
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $604.32

Add a 1060 or splurge for a 1070 when prices come down.

EDIT: Just saw that site you linked was Australian, give me a minute.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I built my PC but PC nerds make the process sound way, way, way less frustrating than it is and if you aren't already tuned in to all the latest acronyms and naming schemes be prepared for a lot of condescending bullshit... tbh even if you already know the basics you will still get hit with the "lol it's just like legos you retard" or "just google it, jesus am I your mother?" stuff

BUT in the end it worked the first time I tried it and it was way cheaper than any premade equivalent so

Honestly haz and mckenyon and the dudes in the PC building thread are good people. Even met haz in seattle years ago and tried to buy him a beer ;___;
i dont remember this
amazon beats newegg when it comes to shipping and returns
yup
RX 470 good value if you can't get a 1060.
BX200 is a piece of shit though, seriously, do not buy it.

RX 470 good value if you can't get a 1060.
BX200 is a piece of shit though, seriously, do not buy it.

Do you mean the RX480? AIB versions of the 1060 are already slated to be out before the AIB versions of the 1060. What's wrong with the BX200? I hadn't heard anything bad about it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Do you mean the RX480? AIB versions of the 1060 are already slated to be out before the AIB versions of the 1060. What's wrong with the BX200? I hadn't heard anything bad about it.
He's buying in AUS I thought so whatever he can get at not stupid prices is good. Meant 470 to fit that.

BX200 = Slow, dies at any load, piece of shi, crucial should be ashamed
mIo1yku.png

That is correct although buying PC parts at not stupid prices is impossible here.

Yea I tried to get a decent setup on that site but just an i5-6500 and motherboard came out to half the budget. Are there alternative retailers for Aus? It's looking more like an i3 might be a better bet given that i5's are like $300AU.

Man, r/truedota is really fun to read. I wish it was more densely populated but overall, it consists entirely of topics that are interesting to me.

- No cosmetics
- No drama
- No pro player tweet discussion garbage
- Few memes
- No Twitch chat emotes

All gameplay and balance. Clearly, one better take their advice with a grain of salt because the MMR of the people is not disclosed but a worthy read usually nevertheless. I have truly learned a few things.

I am sorry Hazaro you have confused me with the people in this thread that actually watch garbage anime

Thank you very much for the PC builds though

Hylian7

Please. Gabe didn't give a shit until Valve was also getting slammed since they were enabler of this shit for years since TF2 got hats.

It is all just to get get sued themselves.

Basically.

Alhtough I ask out of ignorance, but was there ever a gambling problem in TF2 before all the CSGO stuff happened?

The gambling didn't actually come until Dota 2 came out since TF2 didn't have an actually popular competitive scene. However, all the trading, scamming, key selling and stuff was done through Valve's own API.

JoeInky

I made about £30 selling cosmetics the other day, just had a lina set sitting in my inventory that was worth £8 as well as a dozen or so other £2 - £4 sets.

Bought Necropolis with the money and I'm glad I didn't pay for it with actual money, it's just a roguelike without any of the stuff that makes a roguelike fun.

Nice art style but not worth the money.

shira

I made about £30 selling cosmetics the other day, just had a lina set sitting in my inventory that was worth £8 as well as a dozen or so other £2 - £4 sets.

Bought Necropolis with the money and I'm glad I didn't pay for it with actual money, it's just a roguelike without any of the stuff that makes a roguelike fun.

Nice art style but not worth the money.

GabeN always get's paid
mozz_shopkeep.gif

Also it's way too hard to figure out what is good game anymore. Too much of the indie press/twitch are paid or ex-games press.

Russ T

Banned
i'm so disappointed with necropolis ):

i haven't actually played it yet btu i was really looking forward to it before it came out and people were all super down on it

hopefully it'll get updated and made better - it is a roguelikelike after all, and that's common

plus they made the shadowrun returns games, and those have gotten progressively better!

JoeInky

i'm so disappointed with necropolis ):

i haven't actually played it yet btu i was really looking forward to it before it came out and people were all super down on it

hopefully it'll get updated and made better - it is a roguelikelike after all, and that's common

plus they made the shadowrun returns games, and those have gotten progressively better!

It's main problem is it's complete lack of content, you see the same stuff over and over again, you unlock more content for the random generator as you play the game, but by that point, you've already beaten the final boss and there's nothing that makes you feel like you want to play through it again because the content you unlock isn't particularly meaningful, it's just new rooms and a few new enemies and enemy variations.

The only things to unlock that are persistent are character colours and books which don't tell you what they do and what they usually do is a very minor stat change, meaning you've spent all this time grinding tokens for nothing really.

There's a lot of weapons in the game but aside from enemy resistances they are all pretty much the same with nothing really interesting, it's either a short sword moveset, sword moveset, greatsword moveset, axe moveset or a hammer moveset, with a few elemental variations that just add a elemental aoe onto your special attacks.

The spells in the game aren't really that interesting, and design wise they serve a very similar role to potions and what always disappointed me is when you defeat a mage enemy and they drop some kind of staff, but you just use it as a hammer and there's no spells to go with it.

There's no satisfying sense of character progression in the main game loop, you can upgrade your health, you can pick up armour sets that increase your health and you can pick up different weapons, that's it, you can't spend your money to upgrade your stamina instead of your health or your speed or defense or anything, so every run feels exactly the same character wise.

There are different player classes in the game, but they're unfinished and unplayable (as in, you can't select them via normal means, not that they're broken or something), but apparently the only difference between them is a few stat changes and, for one of the classes, a different attack with the shield.

I played through it with a friend and the most fun we had was watching the credits and trying to wrap our heads around just how many people it took to make this.

I fucking love the art style of the game, but as someone with a bit of an interest in game design, I think the game is shoddy at best honestly, massively disappointed in it and it's not worth £20.

JoeInky

I will say that I enjoyed it at the start at least, but that's because I thought it showed a lot of promise, maybe it's better to have that bit of enjoyment when you start and then have it crushed than to not have that enjoyment at all?

I mean it's still better than any of the shit I've ever made at the end of the day, and if you have a friend to play through it with you'll probably have some fun with it.

Top Bottom