• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Red UFO

Real talk though Domino's is better than Pizza Hut although p-hut is still good.

I had papa johns once and thought it was the personification of misery.

Quesa

i think warlock needs the lina treatment honestly. buff him in the direction of being a mid rather than being stuck in the "support who needs lots of farm/xp" limbo he is in right now.

He's gonna at least three more buffs to his attack range before he gets there

anyone else just get access to the overwatch beta and want to play some this weekend?

hello

I think it's better than either but too expensive most of the time.

G.ZZZ

Real talk though Domino's is better than Pizza Hut although p-hut is still good.

Pizza Chains
4Head.png
4Head.png

Are good Pizzeria rare outside Italy? Or do they just cost way more? Because here pizza chains shops are really rare and a Pizza cost the same as it would in a Pizzeria (5-6 euros) , except, you know, it's shit
HassanChop.png

shira

breadstix

Pizza Chains
4Head.png
4Head.png

Are good Pizzeria rare outside Italy? Or do they just cost way more? Because here pizza chains shops are really rare and a Pizza cost the same as it would in a Pizzeria, except, you know, it's shit
HassanChop.png

Quality cheese and bread is expensive. So is a woodfire oven.

The 2 minute pizza chains are made with the cheapest possible ingredients. Like $1-2 worth

G.ZZZ

breadstix

Quality cheese and bread is expensive. So is a woodfire oven.

The 2 minute pizza chains are made with the cheapest possible ingredients. Like $1-2 worth

But do they cost actually 2$? Cause i'd feel bad buying a pizza at 2$. Not even cheap burgers cost so little, at least here. But i guess we have a different attitude toward food.

Red UFO

Pizza Chains
4Head.png
4Head.png

Are good Pizzeria rare outside Italy? Or do they just cost way more? Because here pizza chains shops are really rare and a Pizza cost the same as it would in a Pizzeria (5-6 euros) , except, you know, it's shit
HassanChop.png
You can get fancy pants pizza easily but sometimes you just wanna eat some awful greasy shit

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Pizza Chains
4Head.png
4Head.png

HassanChop.png

Depends on the area. IMO, the majority of mom and pop pizzerias here actually suck, where the big chains tend to be very consistent no matter where you are in the country. Back in Florida there were a few places I knew with great pizza, but I haven't found any here in Dallas.

Also, half the time the Pizza served at a pizzeria is only good/great if you eat it fresh at the pizza place, and is nowhere near as good if you eat it at home after it has cooled off for 20 to 30 minutes. Something like Pizza Hut's pizza is sort of designed to still taste good after it has been delivered.

Also, from what I recall, the Pizza served in Italy is a completely different style then what's served in the NA.

Pizza Chains
4Head.png
4Head.png

HassanChop.png

Berlin Pizza costs 3.80€. I have no idea how y'all can even afford shit given that I live in the richest country on this continent. I even know of a 2.50€ Pizza and it's not too terrible. It's essentially just a frozen pizza from a random super market they actually demand that price at the restaurant.

marrec

Banned
I should probably learn to play Wisp just in case I'm forced into it during some desperate Single Draft shenanigans.

tfw when your country don't have big name pizzachains
T0xlAQI.gif

Went to Canada and had Boston Pizza and it was even worse than Papa Johns, just an awful excuse for a pizza chain. Tis better to have no pizza chain at all than to have an awful one like Canada.

there are good pizza places here in town, but they tend to be pretty crowded, a bit more expensive, and generally I get pizza when I want delivery.

TUSR

Banned
Went to Canada and had Boston Pizza and it was even worse than Papa Johns, just an awful excuse for a pizza chain. Tis better to have no pizza chain at all than to have an awful one like Canada.

this is going to blow your mind

boston pizza isnt specifically a pizza chain

its a general low end family restaurant with over priced pizza.

marrec

Banned
this is going to blow your mind

boston pizza isnt specifically a pizza chain

its a general low end family restaurant with over priced pizza.

I know but you have PIZZA in your name, get your shit together Boston Pizza.

Even their Nachos were awful though, like how do you even fuck up Nachos?

kionedrik

As someone who tasted italian pizza in it's natural environment I can honestly say there's nothing else quite like it anywhere else and all pizza chains meals are horrible. I'm actually envious of GZZZ that can have it any day he wants it.

I'd like to try that american pizza that looks like a rectangular cake tho.

DrPizza

Banned
sure there are, find an authentic neapolitan restaurant http://americas.pizzanapoletana.org/members.php

Yup! Neapolitan pizza is where it's at, so much better than American style.

The one American style that I don't find too bad is the one that's not really a pizza at all; Chicago style deep dish. Let's not call it pizza, because it's not pizza, it's an open-top pie. But as long as you don't go into it expecting an actual pizza, it's really pretty decent.

Top Bottom