• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

you don't know whether hes alive or dead until you meet him. Schrödinger's Frog
Yknow apparently Schrodinger actually used the famous cat thought experiment to discredit the concepts that are currently associated with it. Funny how such things happen.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
nahaz assassinated icefrog so that his prediction would come true, reddit would suck his dick, and then valve would be forced to rehire him for ti6 and give him a solo panel

Words and things change meaning over time.

Like how "literally" means "figuratively" now.
Yup. I really enjoy thinking about these things. And it's always a headache when someone pedantic rails on and on about how only one meaning is "real" or some nonsense.

Another similar example is "could care less".

inkls

Yup. I really enjoy thinking about these things. And it's always a headache when someone pedantic rails on and on about how only one meaning is "real" or some nonsense.

Another similar example is "could care less".

hmm, but what does pedantic really mean? Because you're not using it accurately

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I think that is a lie.

it's not. schrödinger came up with schrödinger's cat to show how stupid the copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics is

you're not supposed to say, 'of course, makes perfect sense that the cat is both alive and dead simultaneously!'

you're supposed to say, 'hang on a minute, that's just stupid'

[edit] and because people get it wrong a lot, the point isn't that you don't know whether the cat is alive or dead before you check. the point is that it's both and the act of checking is (according to a literal version of the copenhagen interpretation) what decides whether it is.

it's not. schrödinger came up with schrödinger's cat to show how stupid the copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics is

you're not supposed to say, 'of course, makes perfect sense that the cat is both alive and dead simultaneously!'

you're supposed to say, 'hang on a minute, that's just stupid'

[edit] and because people get it wrong a lot, the point isn't that you don't know whether the cat is alive or dead before you check. the point is that it's both and the act of checking is (according to a literal version of the copenhagen interpretation) what decides whether it is.
I knew you'd be familiar with this.

Score: 1 for NormalFish

Mono and Inkls way behind.

TUSR

Banned
Help i dont know how to change my font back

Sibylus

Banned
io, who represents the electromagnetic force, has to join himself to other heroes...what does the electromagnetic force do? u guessed it, it causes atoms to stick together to form molecules.
That's the strong nuclear force, you dork.

Kotl is the electromagnetic force.

Kard8p3

Help i dont know how to change my font back

isnt it like shift+enter or alt+enter or something

Sibylus

Banned
WAIT a minute.

Io is everywhere, and in all things. Denounced by enemies as the great unmaker, worshiped by scholars as the twinkling of a divine eye, Io occupies all planes at once, the merest fraction of its being crossing into physical existence at any one moment.

Like the great twin riders Dark and Light, and yet another ancient traveler whose true history is lost to the ages, Io the Wisp is a Fundamental of the universe—a force older than time, a wanderer from realms far beyond mortal understanding. Io is nothing less than the sum of all attractive and repulsive forces within matter, a sentient manifestation of the charge that bind particles together. It is only in the controlled warping of these forces that Io’s presence can be experienced on the physical plane. A benevolent, cooperative force, Io bonds its strength to others so that the power of allies might be enhanced. Its motives inscrutable, its strength unimaginable, Io moves through the physical plane, the perfect expression of the mysteries of the universe.

Fucking Icefrog played us with vagueness, godels
kunk-rum.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
That's the strong nuclear force, you dork.

Kotl is the electromagnetic force.

?

no

the strong force holds the nucleus of atoms together (it holds quarks together inside protons and neutrons, and it holds protons and neutrons together)

but the electromagnetic force governs the interaction between electrons and the nucleus of atoms and is the reason why atoms join together into molecules

keeper of the light is the weak force and io is the EM force, as can be seen from enigma's interactions

when he kills io;

Wisp, you cannot escape my grasp.

famously, not even light can escape from a black hole

and when killing kotl

Your weakness was your undoing.

Ezalor, the weak and infirm.

Though you spark suns to shine, you cannot escape me.

which is weak force that sparks suns to shine?

yw.

tumblr_m7mdwzpFMZ1qcwgrvo1_500.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
however one aspect of the lore regarding the fundamentals that i am not so fond of is that chaos knight's description claims that he's chasing the kotl to return the primordial unity or whatever after kotl left on his own. however, the strong force separated from the (then-)electroweak force prior to the electroweak separating into weak and electromagnetic. sloppy lorebuilding imo.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
anyway i also forgot to mention that i'm going thru the old hunters on NG+ so your flop likely low level character probably couldn't help me tusr

Heavy's Sandvich I need a rundown on how to get good with Ken and Dudley in 3S.

Demoli too and anyone else that plays it.

I don't know Dudley.

I don't know Ken.

But I do know you need to learn how to cr forward super cos I can't fugging do it

Also make sure your AA is on point

Also l2parry

Top Bottom