• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
THIS PATCH IS FKN CRAY

TERRORBLADE 10 BASE ARMOR ROFL NYX 3.5 BASE REGEN

SILVER EDGE MEGABUFFED AND COST REDUCED???? SO GOOD

AHAHAHAHA AT THE PREDICTED FUCK YOU TO TECHIES PLAYERS

legit tho i think post TI we'll see a BS, Huskar, and Techies rework

Sianos

blademail has a 13 second cooldown and a 4.5 second uptime

now buy the ocarina of time

and it has a 9.75 second cooldown

which means a ~46% uptime

sigh, icefrog you were so close to the Good Patch i think

Quesa

Wait

does the spell scaling work on techies mines

if so I'm fucking in

edit it's actually small enough that it might not be worth it

I'm back out

KingKong

its 1% per 16 intel points, its basically nothing unless you just build intel items. just seems like a way to balance the asther lens nerf

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I don't get the basher/abyssal meganerf tho, forcing vanguard into abyssal lol... basher and abyssal's overall damage contribution has been severely cut in the last two patches and i don't think it was necessary at all, indirect buffs to like troll/void/slar tho i guess.

Also with the base HP buff and scaling HP from strength buff, armor and magic. res going to be indirectly much more valuable this patch. Really nice buff for TB this patch.

Not sure how I like the armor aura from towers at first glance... and tier 2 towers doing more damage. Last patch wasn't exactly marked by quick games, some were quick and some were very long. I feel like with nerfs across the board to pushing/summon heroes (cause many were OP), we're going to see a really slowed down game, unnecessarily slowed down.

its 1% per 16 intel points, its basically nothing unless you just build intel items. just seems like a way to balance the asther lens nerf

Yeah, people freaking out about spell scaling need to calm down. It's really really really minor right now. Might be increased in the future I'm betting, but he started with an ultra conservative number. Not to mention base HP and HP growth was increased which pretty much cancels out the increased damage from spells.

DrPizza

Banned
silver edge pretty awesome now

idk, I was having good success with Viper going boots-aquila-mek-S&Y and then splitting the S&Y into Manta-Silver Edge. That build-up no longer works, and Halberd is much less interesting.

I kind of prefer going for the late Silver Edge rather than rushing a Shadow Blade because I find that teams find it much harder to have sentries/dust late game than early on.

Zoon

In my rush to test out the new client, I discovered that destroyed trees would drop a banana item every now and then. It instantly got my thinking of boss events Icefrog had done in the past, so I thought it would be best to share asap. :p
Edit: I noticed this peeled banana at the radiant secret shop. Perhaps part of some trigger event. http://i.imgur.com/QWP3Gcs.png
edit2: Actually scrap that. The banana item is actually useable. "using" one drops a peeled banana underneath your hero, but it does NOT consume your banana in the inventory. Was slightly confused by that. :L (Due to -wtf mode I later discovered. Then it consumes normally)
edit3: Creatures does indeed slip while walking over the peeled bananas. http://i.imgur.com/KiMMbD0.png
edit4: Roshan gets mini-stunned for a split second while walking over a banana skin. http://i.imgur.com/kO2BXoU.png

is this for fucking real

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
silver edge pretty awesome now

yeah it got megabuffed

A lot of the luxury items got much needed buffs. Linken's 300g cheaper, heart now gives +90ish HP and +5 damage to STR heroes, silver edge massive cost reduction and better stats. That's just off the top of my head too.

Red UFO

lifestealer 3.0 strength growth
T0xlAQI.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
that new dragonlance + force item seems insane for sniper lol

i don't really understand the big nerf to octarine, it wasn't being bought THAT much. I really wish it was redesigned to be more of a balanced stat item for all heroes (rather than int heavy), it would be a really cool item on heroes like CK, WK, Lycan, etc... aka a variety of agi/str heroes.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
so many late game oriented changes this patch, i'm really feeling a 6.83 resurgence

-nerfs to push heroes
-nerfs to early game items
-buffs to late game items (with the exception of abyssal which got massacred)
-buffs to towers
-reduced gold from creeps in the laning stage
-ramped up gold from creeps as the game goes later

not that it's a bad thing to get 6.83 2.0 tho (with the reduced comeback mechanic from 6.84 it might be fun)

Sianos

so many late game oriented changes this patch, i'm really feeling a 6.83 resurgence

-nerfs to push heroes
-nerfs to early game items
-buffs to late game items (with the exception of abyssal which got massacred)
-buffs to towers
-reduced gold from creeps in the laning stage
-ramped up gold from creeps as the game goes later

not that it's a bad thing to get 6.83 2.0 tho (with the reduced comeback mechanic from 6.84 it might be fun)

excellent, thank you mister cold toad :>

besides the blademail changes i really like this patch

Top Bottom